PDA

View Full Version : say what

Show Me the Wire
05-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Oh my President bumpkin is goig to reinstate Pres. Shrub's military tribunals. The current bumpkin is willing to again violate all thoes rights terrorists have

Read all about it: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/02/us/politics/02gitmo.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss

He will probably change the name to something like tribunal review by non-peers. That in itself will differentiate his position from the formers position.

Tom
05-02-2009, 05:15 PM
Hey Sec.....what say you? :lol::lol::lol:

PaceAdvantage
05-02-2009, 10:13 PM
The Obama administration is moving toward reviving the military commission system for prosecuting Guantánamo (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/national/usstatesterritoriesandpossessions/guantanamobaynavalbasecuba/index.html?inline=nyt-geo) detainees, which was a target of critics during the Bush administration, including Mr. Obama himself.It's all ok guys. As long as Obama does it, that means it's OK.

Don't you get it yet? I do.

Bubba X
05-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Best would be to turn them over to the Yeminis, with of course, our non-military advisors not too terribly far away.

But we cannot do that now. Too bad.

Show Me the Wire
05-03-2009, 03:14 PM
It's all ok guys. As long as Obama does it, that means it's OK.

Don't you get it yet? I do.

Yes, I get it.

There is another issue I like to discuss. This current office holder made his judgment the centerpiece of his campaign. He stated and argued he had better judgment than then Senator Clinton, the sitting President Bush and Senator McCain. After taking office he has reversed hismself on key issues that he specifically alleged President Bush showed poor judgment in exercising presidential leadership.

Now Obama's actions of embracing these specific Bush doctrines exposes that the only person with poor judgment was and is Obama, With that said, I believe he was sincere in his words and motives when he made these claims. That sincerity shows how troublesome that Obama is now the sitting president. His actions have exposed him as an inexperienced man lacking wisdom with flawed judgment.

I fervently hope this message is not lost on the American public, so that the press and the public will not be afraid to question the effect his demonstrated flaw judgment will have on his economic and foriegn policy decisions.

This is not a gotch issue. This is an important issue about his leadership ability based on his own litmus test.

NJ Stinks
05-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Yes, I get it.

Of course you get it. I look forward to reading about something you say you don't get but I won't hold my breath.

At any rate, so far I don't like it. But I am willing to at least hear Obama explain why he apparently changed his mind.

Imagine. A president who might actually change his mind. Oh the horror....What kind of leadership is that? :rolleyes:

Show Me the Wire
05-03-2009, 05:03 PM
Of course you get it. I look forward to reading about something you say you don't get but I won't hold my breath.

At any rate, so far I don't like it. But I am willing to at least hear Obama explain why he apparently changed his mind.

Imagine. A president who might actually change his mind. Oh the horror....What kind of leadership is that? :rolleyes:

Do you not think his judgment is an important issue? That was Obama's most salient point. Obviously, he changed his mind, because his judgment was clearly faulty. I am glad he changed his mind.

Actions speak louder than slogans. His actions show the former administration's judgment had been correct, but that Obama's judgment was dead wrong. His belief that he has superior judgment is definitely a problem. This is not about Bush, or about Democrat versus Replubican. This is only about Obama and his questionable judgment. A valid concern to all Americans.

Once again you attempt deflection by attacking a valid criticism by implying I portend to be an expert at everything. I don't. I post in off-topics regarding certain topics I do have knowledge about. That is why I can have a respectful and intelligent discussion with reasonable posters.

Tom
05-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Obama is morphing into Bush III and many here are in denial.
I find it fascinatingly funny to watch.
All those anti-Bush post and now Barry does exactly the same thing.

Hard to reconcile, I'd wager.

Show Me the Wire
05-03-2009, 07:13 PM
Tom;

I agree many Obama boosters are certainly in denial. As I said in my prior posts this morphing is not a" gotcha" thing game. I see this as a real problem. My combative board buddy, NJ Stinks, pointed out it's not really a bad thing to have a leader that changes his mind. I endorse that idea.

The problem, I see, is not the habit of changing his mind. So far all the things he reversed judgment on had prior blueprints as corrective measures, because the correct decisions had been made for Obama.

What happens when there are no blueprints, when we head into uncharted areas like now? There are no ready made fall back positions for him going forward. This is my biggest concern, his lack of good judgment going forward without a safety net prepared by previous administrations.

newtothegame
05-03-2009, 07:21 PM
I have said in many other off topic threads that THIS guy (Obama) consistently goes back on what he originally stated in his drive to the white house. I agree...his inexperience was then and is now of even greater concern. He has NO CLUE. When this is pointed out, the left feels a need to justify it by saying...well bush did..or this one did...in a continuation of denial. But facts are facts. And the facts are that he is not holding to many of the things he ran on. I can only hope that this guy does not run into anything major which requires him to take a tough stance on his beliefs and experience. We will be in great trouble when that happens!

Tom
05-03-2009, 07:42 PM
The problem is that even he changes his mind to the right thing this time, he has already filled his staff with proven losers and rock-headed libs who have no free thought processes.

But, one party rule...kick back and watch the train wreck. :D
I suspect that is the deep-seeded reason many here still harp on Bush and Cheney - denial, deflection, whatever. They see the bend coming and know the brakes are out.

Old Charlie stole the hammer, no way to slow down. dadada da da da!

DJofSD
05-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Jerry Seinfeld said: "It's change I can believe in."

ArlJim78
05-04-2009, 11:28 AM
so much for all that "world respect" we were supposed to reclaim with The Savior (http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,622682,00.html). Here is the German take on the issue of military tribunals.

'Obama Discrediting Himself and the US'

"Many had hoped that US President Barack Obama would undo all the damage done by his predecessor. Now, it looks like he might continue the Bush-era practice of trying terror suspects in military tribunals. German commentators are disappointed"

"Obama is thus discrediting both himself and the US. It would be better were he to gather the necessary political courage to initiate criminal proceedings before regular courts. Legally, it will be incredibly complicated and possibly untenable in some cases. But the country cannot get around the purification process. Otherwise, the poison from the Bush era could continue to infect America's image for years to come."

"The US government has asked Germany to accept former Guantanamo prisoners. Exactly the same government is apparently planning to continue the military commissions to try those prisoners. One could hardly be more contradictory."

"It is the same tactic that President Barack Obama has already used when it came to the torturers from the CIA -- punish with one hand, stroke with the other. Whenever he takes a step forward, he stumbles backwards as well. That will likely be enough to disappoint all those Europeans who had expectations that Obama would be an almost messiah-like healer. It was expected that he would demolish all of the ugly monuments from the Bush era and then, together with Al Gore, plant a Garden of Eden over the top, through which he would drive fuel-efficient compacts from Chrysler."

Tom
05-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Wow. He keeps this crap up, I just might respect him! :lol:

boxcar
05-04-2009, 02:53 PM
One thing about the real deal Messiah: He never talked out of both sides of his mouth.

Boxcar

46zilzal
05-04-2009, 03:01 PM
One thing about the real deal Messiah: He never talked out of both sides of his mouth.

Boxcar
no evidence that he ever existed either

boxcar
05-04-2009, 04:04 PM

I know. We only have the evidence of a bunch of deluded writers of scripture who claimed he did. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Show Me the Wire
05-04-2009, 04:06 PM

You are inacurate again, no evidence that he didn't exist. Plenty of circumstancial evidence Jesus did exist, you and others like you just reject it. Your personal rejection is not conclusive evidence for you straw argument.

Oh Zilly when will your cognative skills kick in. BTW, I thought you promised to stay away from off-topic?

46zilzal
05-04-2009, 04:09 PM
You are inacurate again, no evidence that he didn't exist. Plenty of circumstantial evidence Jesus did exist, you and others like you just reject it. Your personal rejection is not conclusive evidence for you straw argument.

Sure so is there for Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny

Show Me the Wire
05-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Sure so is there for Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny

Yes, there is a basis for Santa Claus, St Nicholas a real existing person. The Easter Bunny, never heard of any evidence circumstancial or not. Never believed in a giant bunny hiding colored eggs. Easter was reserved to celbrate the ressurection of the Christ and the renewal of life.

Did you beleive in the giant mythical bunny?

DJofSD
05-04-2009, 04:49 PM
There was too a giant rabbit. Saw it in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Show Me the Wire
05-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Aww, he wasn't that big. He was vicious I'll give you that.

Ahh, but we digress. Obama's belief about his judgment will lead to such an unfortunate circumstance as the killer rabbit. And someone will have to break out a holy grenade ;)