PDA

View Full Version : Looks like an Off Track in Louisville ..now what ?

BeatTheChalk
05-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Hope everyone wins a bunch

Floyd
05-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Hope everyone wins a bunch

My picks for an off track?
1) I Want Revenge
2) West Side Bernie
3) Advice

I'm not betting any actual real money on this race, despite the hype. I've got seven possible winners by my calculations and that says PASS by my reckoning. I'm a noob at this, but to me it's just another horse race.
That said, I'll be watching intently, sipping mint juleps, and telling my girlfriend: "You can leave your hat on." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tunvwCvu2NY)
I'm hoping everybody who has the courage, experience or confidence to bet this one wins a pile.

Watcher
05-01-2009, 08:34 PM
My picks for an off track?
1) I Want Revenge
2) West Side Bernie
3) Advice

I'm not betting any actual real money on this race, despite the hype. I've got seven possible winners by my calculations and that says PASS by my reckoning. I'm a noob at this, but to me it's just another horse race.
That said, I'll be watching intently, sipping mint juleps, and telling my girlfriend: "You can leave your hat on." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tunvwCvu2NY)
I'm hoping everybody who has the courage, experience or confidence to bet this one wins a pile.
Friesan Fire doesn't get the nod? He's romped on an off track in his last race.

LemonSoupKid
05-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Why off? It's been raining a ton and it's not off today. I thought the odds were < for tomorrow, too

Floyd
05-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Friesan Fire doesn't get the nod? He's romped on an off track in his last race.
He tromped in Louisiana and swept at Fairgrounds, but my hunch is he's peaked.
Again, why I don't bet money on this one.
I'm a baby at this. It's too hard!!! :(

big frank
05-01-2009, 08:50 PM
Off Track - DUNKIRK ,,, Fast Track - DUNKIRK ,,,,

Floyd
05-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Really? I know, I know, past performance is no indication of future results, but a new jockey and Dunkirks' inexperience seem to put him squarely in the "also ran" column for me.

Canadian
05-01-2009, 09:24 PM
I notice you put Advice on your ticket.... I don't know much about this game at all, but he had one hell of a powerful move in his last race.

Why could he not win this race?

BeatTheChalk
05-01-2009, 09:46 PM

Frank .. If I have told U once .. I have told you 100 times... You simply must TELL US WHAT U THINK :jump: :lol: :kiss:

Dunkirk is Bred in the Darkest Purple around. Another Mr Prospector with
fantastic horses all over his chart. And he is thee most gorgeous horse
I have seen in a long time

http://www.pedigreequery.com/dunkirk9

Bill Cullen
05-01-2009, 10:27 PM
What horse has shown real moxie in the mud in a race and has the highest Tomlinson off-track rating in the field?

What horse is an "E" type runner, ran the highest second-call pace last race out, and has a bullet work on an off-track?

What horse has the second highest Tomlinson off-track rating in the field and multiple other things going for it?

And then there's Frisean Fire....

Hope it rains.

Good Luck to all!

Bill C

sally
05-01-2009, 10:38 PM
I'll be watching intently, sipping mint juleps, and telling my girlfriend: "You can leave your hat on." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tunvwCvu2NY)

This is my favorite Joe Cocker song! Rather appropriate for the derby too!

speldedo
05-02-2009, 12:15 AM
Floyd,

Life is short - bet the derby!

fmolf
05-02-2009, 01:08 AM
Floyd,

Life is short - bet the derby!
i am going with west side bernie.... i think he is peaking at just the right time.. right now he is being overlooked at 48/1.....papa clem is my second choice to run a big race....as well as i want revenge....i have all three alive in the oaks/derby double...will pays good except for i want revenge..i was a little disappointed am going to hook these three horses on top an bottom of exactas and build a trifecta around i want revenge hitting the board...with above three plus musket man friesan fire and dunkirk..odds should all be bunched around 4/1 or 5/1 i am hoping ....