PDA

View Full Version : Observer...Is It True Mex

cj
04-26-2003, 12:49 AM
Hey,

I seem to recall you liking this horse. Running tonight at Hol in a 5.5f race...no betting value, but I love to see horses like this run...hope you get to catch the race.

CJ

kenwoodall
04-28-2003, 01:21 AM
Mex had a streak of at least 5 in a row like that- I won "no value" of $4.00 on the 5th win! He later won a $40,000.00 just like it that paid me 20 1/2 to 1!! Love that horse! Reminds me of when I caught Budroyal going up to $16,000.00 claimers and when i liked Kookalan Queen at $8,000.00. You can still get good overlays on 1/2 siblings of Tiznow and Budroyal!

Observer
04-29-2003, 07:06 PM
CJ,

Thanks for the attempted heads-up on Is It True Mex .. but I unfortunately missed the race. Looking at the chart, though ... it doesn't seem like a bad return .. as long as you don't get hung-up on him having been in stakes company last out, and back with claimers this time.

kenwoodall,

Mex did have a streak of 5 straight .. he made the switch to turf, and was kept at the sprint distances, and he rattled off 5 consecutive victories. He then ran second in his first start off the claim for new connections, but followed with another win. He became a little more erratic in finding the winner's circle in his next handful of starts, but did get onto a 3-race win streak before the stakes attempt. He's truly a fun horse to watch sprinting on turf .. talk about finding your niche! It also makes me wonder how many horses would have been extraordinary if they had had the opportunity to sprint on turf.

Mex is definitely one of the gems of the game .. I'm sure he'll be sharper next time out .. he just needed to work the kinks out this trip.

;)