PDA

View Full Version : Oaks Analysis

Valupix
05-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Choice: (#5) Justwhistledixie

Wager: Exacta box 2,4,5,8 (it's a stab) - it's just not a good race to wager

Tweeter: it’s not unthinkable, she looks promising, but first time verses winner and stepping WAY UP! means I’ll have to pass on this go around. Maybe next time.

Be Fair: synthetics-to-dirt, reasons to discount every start so far, intriguing upside, borderline value

Stone Legacy: can not find a logical reason to even consider

Gabby‘s Golden Girl: just destroyed a small fields of nobodies. That was such a cakewalk it’s hard to gauge how much she has improved, she would not be shocking but the value not likely to justify the risk, (i.e. no value)

Justwhistledixie: her ability doesn’t look all that much different from Rachel Alexandra and she’ll offer four or fives time better odds, maybe more

Rachel Alexandra: big numbers, multiple blow out wins, bullets all over the place, as extreme all that swings to the positive side, her price swings just as far to the extreme negative side

Nan: thought the synthetic-to-dirt might be a catalyst, but her worst race ever was her only dirt start, has ran with some big names, but the numbers are weak

Flying Spur: improver with good numbers, morning line looks like value, but it seems very likely to drop in a top heavy race were players are going to be begging for a third option. She looks like the obvious play based on the morning price, but will it hold up?

joanied
05-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Oaks analysis....

Rachel Alexander:jump: :jump: :jump:

cmoore
05-02-2009, 02:28 AM
I played a oaks derby DD with Flying Spur in the first half with about 10 others in the Derby..I was dead wrong..Rachel won with ease again..I got her as a single in a pick three. I need a bomber in the Derby or it won't pay jack..

jjm323
05-02-2009, 06:18 AM
Choice: (#5) Justwhistledixie

Wager: Exacta box 2,4,5,8 (it's a stab) - it's just not a good race to wager

Tweeter: it’s not unthinkable, she looks promising, but first time verses winner and stepping WAY UP! means I’ll have to pass on this go around. Maybe next time.

Be Fair: synthetics-to-dirt, reasons to discount every start so far, intriguing upside, borderline value

Stone Legacy: can not find a logical reason to even consider

Gabby‘s Golden Girl: just destroyed a small fields of nobodies. That was such a cakewalk it’s hard to gauge how much she has improved, she would not be shocking but the value not likely to justify the risk, (i.e. no value)

Justwhistledixie: her ability doesn’t look all that much different from Rachel Alexandra and she’ll offer four or fives time better odds, maybe more

Rachel Alexandra: big numbers, multiple blow out wins, bullets all over the place, as extreme all that swings to the positive side, her price swings just as far to the extreme negative side

Nan: thought the synthetic-to-dirt might be a catalyst, but her worst race ever was her only dirt start, has ran with some big names, but the numbers are weak

Flying Spur: improver with good numbers, morning line looks like value, but it seems very likely to drop in a top heavy race were players are going to be begging for a third option. She looks like the obvious play based on the morning price, but will it hold up?

Great analysis! Can you tell me who the last 4 horses will be in the Kentucky Derby so I can box them in a Super?