PDA

View Full Version : Any (free) PP's For the Ky. Derby ?

Hosshead
05-01-2009, 12:43 PM
Is there a link to the derby PP's ?

Thanks,

RichieP
05-01-2009, 12:52 PM
http://www.brisnet.com/promo/f10.pdf

michiken
05-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Here are the extracted bris pace and speed figs shown in a pace graph:

The blue arrow indicates ability time.
The black arrow indicates speed.
The width of the red bar indicates counter energy.

The list is sorted by bris speed figures. Euros are not shown.

michiken
05-01-2009, 02:19 PM
I forgot to note that the pace graph I posted shows only the last 2 pacelines.

dav4463
05-01-2009, 02:34 PM
www.drf.com

go under "races of the week"

You can get the derby and the oaks.

BombsAway Bob
05-01-2009, 02:41 PM
http://www.drf.com/tc/kentuckyderby/2009/pp.html
free pp link about halfway down page..

Harvhorse
05-01-2009, 02:47 PM
go to the web site of any of the farms who.s stallion sired a derby nrunner, they will give you free ultimate pp's.

sam i am
05-01-2009, 03:15 PM
MItchiken, What "Counter energy" number/Range does it take to win/run well in the derby.

Very nice set up BTW.

David

PS. I Like 5,10,13

michiken
05-01-2009, 03:28 PM
MItchiken, What "Counter energy" number/Range does it take to win/run well in the derby.
The ce rating attemps to measure the ratio between a horses ability time and speed figure. I use this to judge if a horse is a quitter it is sort of my version of %median. I like to see the rating above 85 in general.

Giacomo won with a 72 CE but compared to that year, he was above normal.

From what I see, the derby could be slow paced unless the rabits are sent hard. I may even increase my CE minimum to 90 to see if I can beat IWR....

Attached is another pdf where I eliminated the CE below 89. This sets IWR as the CE horse to beat.

sam i am
05-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Very nice.
Thanks.

I still think the Dubia horses will be in the picture.
it is tought to get by IWR, again I will be using w/ Hold be back and the 2 dubia horses (12-1 looks alittle light for me as of 5:00 on HMB in a 20 horse filed)

Hosshead
05-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Thanks guys.

bobphilo
05-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Here are the extracted bris pace and speed figs shown in a pace graph:

The blue arrow indicates ability time.
The black arrow indicates speed.
The width of the red bar indicates counter energy.

The list is sorted by bris speed figures. Euros are not shown.

Very interesting, Michikin. I'm assuming that AT stands for ability time, CE for counter energy and TT for turn time but how are they derived? Same question for the symbols TV, and Dy? I also can’t find blue, black arrows or red bars. Am I missing something?

Bob

michiken
05-02-2009, 12:46 PM
TV = my terminal velocity figure that is named after the program I wrote. The rating is based on turn time + speed. It shows a horses middle move acceleration while obtaining its speed fig.

Dy = days since the race was run

The pace graph blue and black arrows are on page 2 of the pdf.

You are correct on the AT = ability, CE = counter energy and TT = Turn Time

bobphilo
05-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Very interesting, Michikin. I'm assuming that AT stands for ability time, CE for counter energy and TT for turn time but how are they derived? Same question for the symbols TV, and Dy? I also can’t find blue, black arrows or red bars. Am I missing something?

Bob

Michikin, my apologies. I didn't see the graph part of the file when I asked my question about the arrows and bars. I'm still a bit confused about the TV and Dy symbols and how the CE and AT are derived, though.

Bob

michiken
05-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Ability time = 6f pace fig + ( 6f pace fig - 4f pace fig)

CE attemps to measure the deceleration slope between a horses ability time and speed fig. It tries to measure if the horse used too much energy during the early part of the race.

CE = (AT - Speed Fig) + 100