04-30-2009, 08:29 PM
http://www.kentuckyderby.com/2009/videos/works

JustRalph
04-30-2009, 08:32 PM
check out Desert Party on the 28th

Interesting

OFFandRUNNING10
04-30-2009, 08:49 PM
new to actually watching workouts... care to elaborate on your "interesting" comment. thanks!

also what are some things you try to pick up when watching workouts. any help would be appreciated.

Planetsalign
04-30-2009, 08:58 PM
I also would appreciate your view of the workouts because I don't understand them much. Thank you.

onefast99
04-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Personally I don't read into them much. What do others feel about them?

OFFandRUNNING10
04-30-2009, 09:16 PM
Personally I don't read into them much. What do others feel about them?

Is that because you dont really know what to look for or just to find them to hold much truth to anything? Everyone has their own tactics. I know alot of people pay close attention to workouts... I follow them on paper but more often when its dealing with a horse off a layoff or something rather than in every race thing...

JustRalph
04-30-2009, 09:36 PM
Desert party throwing his head about ..........bothers me.......much........

after the decent workout I watched a few days before.......... I hate that he came back acting that way.

OFFandRUNNING10
04-30-2009, 09:42 PM
yea he did seem a bit uncomfortable... but like i said i dont see many workouts so i dont know if thats uncommon or not. that is what i had picked out in my head... any other good or bad traits to look for in workouts?

Tee
04-30-2009, 09:53 PM
Desert Party wanted to go, rider didn't. IMO the head movement was from stout restraint of the reins. This could be viewed as a very good sign coming from DP.

Desert party throwing his head about ..........bothers me.......much........

after the decent workout I watched a few days before.......... I hate that he came back acting that way.

Tom
04-30-2009, 11:19 PM
Thanks, Ralph!

Bettowin
04-30-2009, 11:44 PM
Desert Party wanted to go, rider didn't. IMO the head movement was from stout restraint of the reins. This could be viewed as a very good sign coming from DP.

Yep, that's what I saw. He was telling the rider to get with it and let him run.

sally
05-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Now I'm back to thinking a Regal Ransom/Desert Party exacta...wouldn't that be a nice payout...:)

ok, there's one bet--

Watcher
05-01-2009, 09:59 AM
check out Desert Party on the 28th

Interesting
That didn't look right...

JustRalph
05-01-2009, 11:21 AM
I have only been playing since 2001 and I gotta tell you............

I have never seen a horse doing what Desert Party was doing, run good.

Just my opine............ and the same behavior by Big Brown was huge talk last year after the Belmont..........

I don't know that much about horses........but I didn't like it. I think he looked uncomfortable

now that I have posted this he will probably break the track record

sally
05-01-2009, 12:28 PM
ok, now it's Frieson Fire and Papa Clem....:rolleyes:

Ralph- you're my hero! I wish PA would sticky this thread-- easier to find...

WinterTriangle
05-01-2009, 12:52 PM
I thought the exercise rider did a horrible job.

If a horse wants to run, and you restrain him, of course he pulls and tosses.

Watcher
05-01-2009, 01:07 PM
I thought the exercise rider did a horrible job.

If a horse wants to run, and you restrain him, of course he pulls and tosses.
To me it didn't look like wanting to run...

You usually see quick tugs, more of an energetic head movement. That video didn't scream "Let me loose now!", at least not to me.

sally
05-01-2009, 01:16 PM
That workout of Rachel Alexandra's was an example of a horse fighting it's rider and wanting to run-- she looked amazing...compare the two...

WinterTriangle
05-01-2009, 01:19 PM
Sally and Watcher, I'll go back and look at it again.

Now that my pick for the win on a good track will become chalk due to rain, I'm going to have to regroup and watch the workouts again.

JustRalph
04-26-2010, 02:21 PM
I was looking for workout vids similar to last year.........

This years page only has 8 workouts on it (2 don't work) and they are basically worthless except the one of Looking at Lucky.........

They really dropped the ball this year, compared to last year.

http://www.kentuckyderby.com/contender/works

Check this page for info also

http://www.kentuckyderby.com/contenders

Robert Fischer
05-02-2010, 03:42 PM
I was looking for workout vids similar to last year.........

This years page only has 8 workouts on it (2 don't work) and they are basically worthless except the one of Looking at Lucky.........

They really dropped the ball this year, compared to last year.

agreed, dissapointing