PDA

View Full Version : Time gap between Woodford and Derby

Wiley
04-30-2009, 05:07 PM
Just noticed it's over an hour and a half between the Woodford and Derby, from last year it looks like they tacked on 20 minutes. This to me seems way excessive, wasn't it not that long ago 30 - 45 minutes? Isn't that all the time connections really need to get to the paddock, warm up, and get to the post?

My guess is the powers that be want people at the track to drink a few more mint juleps. I'll watch from home, looks like now I can paint the garage between races!

Relwob Owner
04-30-2009, 05:08 PM
Just noticed it's over an hour and a half between the Woodford and Derby, from last year it looks like they tacked on 20 minutes. This to me seems way excessive, wasn't it not that long ago 30 - 45 minutes? Isn't that all the time connections really need to get to the paddock, warm up, and get to the post?

My guess is the powers that be want people at the track to drink a few more mint juleps. I'll watch from home, looks like now I can paint the garage between races!

I saw that too....thank God I am watching at home:)

philofbelloni
04-30-2009, 07:48 PM
Imagine suriving the first three legs of the P4 w/2 longshots & having to wait that long? I have discipline but that's too much time to overthink & blow the mortgage starting a hedge fund at the window.
The 8th race goes off at approximately 3pm while the Derby (R11) post is scheduled for 6:24pm.

philofbelloni
04-30-2009, 07:49 PM
...First post is 10:30am.

toussaud
04-30-2009, 07:54 PM
It's like the ole caliente shuffle. .. the more time between the WR and the derby the more time peopoe have to get their bets in

sandpit
04-30-2009, 07:55 PM
Imagine suriving the first three legs of the P4 w/2 longshots & having to wait that long? I have discipline but that's too much time to overthink & blow the mortgage starting a hedge fund at the window.
The 8th race goes off at approximately 3pm while the Derby (R11) post is scheduled for 6:24pm.

I did just that four years ago when I had four horses going into the Derby, sadly, I got beat by two of the longest prices in the race. Best I could do was third with Alex and fourth with Don't Get Mad...

Run Nicholas Run
05-01-2009, 12:25 AM
actually its done thanks to NBC and the NHL.
If you recall last season in the NHL playoffs there
was double overtime and NBC had to switch to
msnb for the remainder of the game.
So if this saturdays game does go into overtime NBC
will ride the game out and maybe go to the derby coverage
at 5:15 pm or so if needed.