PDA

View Full Version : GM = government motors

DJofSD
04-29-2009, 05:55 PM
So, if GM does become in essance government motors, does that mean they'll be immune from lemon laws? What about CAFE standards?

We're going to have to come up with a new jingle. Drive the USA in your....

JustRalph
04-29-2009, 07:53 PM
I saw today that the UAW is going to own 55% of Chrysler

Next years models............

The Dodge CallNSick

It has a variable speed cylinder system that allows it stay home in the garage every time the owner gets hammered on the weekend. You can drive it in Monday mode.......... but it runs like shit all the way to work.

The Fiat UnionSteward
Sporty little model that is great for running around town bitching and moaning about every little thing

The Chrysler Striker
Every four years it has to be overhauled and the mileage goes down. During the four year period the Fiat Unionsteward drives around behind it making sure nothing is wrong

Valuist
04-29-2009, 08:02 PM
So now that the government and union own GM, how does the union negotiate its contracts? Oh yeah, Obama will let them have whatever they want.

In the meantime, it will be "burn baby burn" when it comes to their financials.

JustRalph
04-29-2009, 08:09 PM
36 months for Chrysler.............

2 years for GM

Valuist
04-29-2009, 08:14 PM
You're more bullish on GM than I am. I wonder what will be the next line they drop. They should just keep Chevrolet and Cadillac and dump everything else.....if anyone will take them.

Warren Henry
04-29-2009, 09:20 PM
They have to keep the Buick line as it carries them overseas.

DJofSD
04-29-2009, 09:23 PM
I always thought that if the Cubans could ever be allowed to buy new cars, GM, or at least Chevy, would be saved.

Tom
04-30-2009, 07:28 AM
Didn't I post a longtime ago that this was a ploy to hand over the auto companies to the unions?

This has been the real plan all along.