PDA

View Full Version : America in decline -- not!

DJofSD
04-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Interesting video interview of an author that says the best days for the US are still ahead of us. Here's the link to the Yahoo finance web page. (http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/article/237808/America-in-Terminal-Decline-No-Way-Says-Geopolitical-Expert-George-Friedman?tickers=^DJI,^GSPC,SPY,DIA,TLT,TBT,UDN?se c=topStories&pos=9&asset=&ccode=)

ArlJim78
04-29-2009, 08:04 PM
i'd like to have some of whatever that guy is smoking.

sonnyp
04-29-2009, 08:10 PM
as all other great societies in history, egypt, greece, rome etc., imho america is, most certainly, in an excellerated state of decline.

history dictates the reality.

sonnyp
04-29-2009, 09:54 PM
especially in our ability to spell. above s/b accelerated. sorry

jballscalls
04-29-2009, 09:58 PM
America is awesome!

46zilzal
04-29-2009, 10:43 PM
as all other great societies in history, Egypt, Greece, Rome etc., imho America is, most certainly, in an accellerated state of decline.

history dictates the reality.
How true. As the I CHING states : EVERYTHING changes, EVERYTHING

slewis
04-29-2009, 10:47 PM
Sonny,

History only dictates reality when the current players are too clueless to learn from it.

At this point in time... there isn't a soul in Washington that has the balls to remotely do what is needed to set us straight......

We (USA) just might be history soon.....

sonnyp
04-30-2009, 09:38 AM
Sonny,

History only dictates reality when the current players are too clueless to learn from it.

At this point in time... there isn't a soul in Washington that has the balls to remotely do what is needed to set us straight......

We (USA) just might be history soon.....

exactly slewis !!!! you've heard nero fiddled while rome burned ? these gutless hypocrats sitting in congress and the whitehouse (dem and rep) are playing in a sym-PHONY !!!

Tom
04-30-2009, 10:59 AM
The American spirit is still alive, but it now resides in about 24% of us.;)

Fear not, we will clean up the mess the jerks are making now.
Don't confuse America and the Government - two different things.
America' greatness is only limited by it's government. Get the hell out of the way and we will be fine.

BlueShoe
04-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Conservatives that have a knowledge of history have a high regard for a man that lived 2500 years ago that is admired for unselfish public service and modesty without ambition for personal gain.His name was Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus.In the early Roman republic,he served as absolute dictator during a national crisis,and then resigned after just sixteen days in power.Just think,if we had that today in America.A man that supports the free enterprise system and the Constitution able to issue irrevocable edicts for 16 days of absolute dictatorship,and then step down.A whole lot of Americas problems would sure be solved.Many of us might welcome such a solution,but the Bolsheviks,collectivists,and the whole Left that is destroying our nation would be trembling in terror.

sonnyp
04-30-2009, 02:42 PM
blue shoe,

not that long ago in history, a sitting american president, depressed and broken hearted by the horror of the civil war which ravaged this nation to its core gave, what i believe is one of the most moving, heartfelt speaches by any of our "leaders". in his gettysberg address, lincoln referred to," the government of the people, by the people and for the people".

just how many of those creeps in washington today do you think, remotely, view their role in all our lives in this vein ?

Tom
04-30-2009, 03:34 PM
Not many.
Today, it is in spite of the people.

We need new blood, some not tainted by being exposed to the beltway.

BlueShoe
04-30-2009, 04:58 PM
My post was part sarcastic,part wishful thinking,and mostly science fiction.In the complicated,twisted mess that politics has become,how refreshing it would be if a modern day Cincinnatus could step forward and swiftly solve our problems,and then return power to an electorate dedicated to preserving the Republic.

hcap
05-01-2009, 03:02 AM
The American spirit is still alive, but it now resides in about 24% of us.;)

Fear not, we will clean up the mess the jerks are making now.
Don't confuse America and the Government - two different things.
America' greatness is only limited by it's government. Get the hell out of the way and we will be fine.Not sure about where "The American spirit" resides.

But your 24% is down to 21%. :lol:

PaceAdvantage
05-01-2009, 03:10 AM
Can't you just post a real-time graph (kind of like JustRalph did of the weather map for Derby day) and be done with all this constant repetition?

You're getting ponderous man...even Tom doesn't repeat himself this much.

hcap
05-01-2009, 03:28 AM
Reality bites. First time I mentioned 21%. That's a new low.

PaceAdvantage
05-01-2009, 03:38 AM
Frankly, I couldn't care any less...it doesn't bite me at all. I derive no income from whether or not the Republican party is strong or weak, nor do any of my immediate family members or loved ones.

I remember way back when liberal used to be a dirty word...look at how far you've come...so there is ALWAYS hope for the beaten and downtrodden.

hcap
05-01-2009, 03:48 AM
Depends on just how "beaten and downtrodden" :D

Tom
05-01-2009, 07:37 AM
Just remember hcap, one party rule.
You have NO ONE to blame now. :lol::lol::lol:

Care to make some predictions on milestone for the Obama reign?

When will more the anchors become self-sufficient?