PDA

View Full Version : Newer Entries

Watcher
04-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Remember when people were freaking out that Dunkirk wasn't going to get a chance to run in the Derby with $150k in GS earnings? He's not 13th on the list...

I'm not overly versed on some of these entries, does someone who follows them more closely care to inform me about them. Racing style, how they're working out, who've they've beaten or raced against currently entered in the Derby, will they hit the board?

Mine That Bird
Join in the Dance
Atomic Rain
Nowhere to Hide

OTM Al
04-29-2009, 04:25 PM
Atomic Rain was an early wise guy horse who never went anywhere based on his second in the Remsen. He was awful in the Sam Davis and finished 4th in the Wood. A presser who never gets there and is still eligible for a NW1X

Join in The Dance is a dedicated E type. He just missed in the Tampa Bay Derby but most of the time spends his races backing up after a good early start. He may ensure a strong pace as he was doing 21 and change in his sprints, but much more reasonable paces in his routes, so he may not be the all out speedball some are giving him credit as. He will finish somewhere between 18 and 20, no doubt in my mind

Mine That Bird is not good at all. Midpack Runner. His earnings come from a G3 at Woodbine as a 2yo. He could not win either of the Sunland nongraded stakes this year. dead last in the BC Juvie last year also. He will be slugging it out with JitD in the stretch.

Nowhere to Hide also is not so good. 3 successive 4th place finishes in stakes races got him here, Risen Star, Tampa, and Ill Derbies. Like all the others, not nearly fast enough and still eligible for a NW1X. Deep closer as well. Never going to sniff the lead.

So basically I would say if any of these 3 sniff the top 10, it would be an achievement. These are Mid 80's BSF Runners which puts them all about 20 lengths behind the average Derby winner

Watcher
04-29-2009, 07:20 PM
Thanks for this OTM!