PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME PLEASE WITH THIS

Conquer
04-28-2009, 11:16 PM
I had this money management table here, lets us assume a "unit" is $5.00.

The purpose of it is to make sure you never tap out of your original bank roll, but being that I am dyslexic I dont understand how it works. If I remember correctly you obviously start on level 1 and want to remain there, however if you make it to level 2, it is a recoup level. But I dont remember if you stay on level 3 until you recoup everything, or if with each win on say, level 2 you go each step backwards?

Can someone take a look at this and see if you can figure it out, thank you :confused: :D

well of course it isnt copying corectly. Can i email it to someone in word format to better pos tit please?

Bank 350 unit

Bet 1

Bet 2

Bet 3

Bet 4

Bet 5

Net Loss

Level 1

1-16

Level 2

7-18

Level 3

19-36

Level 4

37-72

goforgin
04-29-2009, 07:29 PM
Conquer, it's a Modified Progression Betting Strategy. What's missing is your winning percentage and average return. For example, if you hit 20% winners with an average return of $12.40, you can determine how far back you go. I don't know the math (you can search the Forum), but you can determine expected run out's, etc.
Another is 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, etc. You start with 1 and add 1 to get 2. Then 1 plus 2 = 3. Then 2 + 3 = 5. Then 3 + 5 = 8. You take the last unit plus the unit before that to get the next unit. When you win you drop back one place. So for example, if your 13 unit bet wins, you drop back to 8. Whenever you win 2 bets in a row you drop back to 1. The one I've described eats up a bankroll very quickly. Your's seems to try a recoup as you say, but I'm not sure of the exact methodology. Again, knowing your win percentage and average return you can determine what long run out's will be and whether your bank roll can support it. You could probably take your #'s and tinker with your strategy to determine how far back to move when you hit a winner. I'm sure others on the board can provide more exact details.

Warren Henry
04-29-2009, 09:00 PM
If your selections will not produce a flat bet profit, ANY bankroll management system will just change the rate at which you go broke. :(