PDA

View Full Version : Biased Posts

Pell Mell
04-27-2009, 09:15 PM
I post once in awhile but mostly I just lurk. What I don't understand is how come there are never any posts about Canada and their problems from Americans but there's a S##t Load of criticisms about America from a few Canadians on here. Don't they have anything at all to worry about up there? I'm sick of reading their crap about all that's wrong with us. You don't live here so why not MYOB and STFU!

boxcar
04-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Don't you know, PM, that America is what is wrong with the world? In fact, if it weren't for America and Israel, the world would right now would be well along to attaining to a state of paradise. :lol: :lol:

Boxcar
P.S. BO today even blamed the U.S. for this latest breakout of the swine flu. He's such an America-loving president. :rolleyes:

HUSKER55
04-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Hey guys, here is an idea. Since America is so wrong let us move the UN to the middle east, or russia or china or africa and see what happens.

It is only fair. We have had it for 100 years. In our global economy a gesture of good faith requires that we send it out of here
Right?

How about Libyia?

Floyd
04-27-2009, 09:32 PM
BO today even blamed the U.S. for this latest breakout of the swine flu. He's such an America-loving president.
Really? I missed that. Do you have a cite?

mostpost
04-27-2009, 10:23 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Floyd, you're a riot.

facorsig
04-27-2009, 10:51 PM
There is a bias to Post #1 at Keeneland....has been for years. Does anyone else was to offer biased posts for this thread?

Fred

Tom
04-27-2009, 11:00 PM

Uh, Barry, you doophus, is is in MEXICO!
Repeating a common theme in his address, Obama argued the country was falling behind the rest of the world when it came to supporting scientific research and educating students in science and math. And he reiterated his commitment to depoliticizing research.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/04/27/1910261.aspx

And then he went out and played golf. :eek:
Gee, guys, remember the big to do you boys made when Bush was playing golf? You were ready to give M Moore an Oscar for showing that scene.

:lol:

Oh, yeah, his HHS is shy about 20 key positions. Maybe he should focus on doing his own job.

boxcar
04-27-2009, 11:28 PM

Sure. That's my interpretation of his remarks when he blamed Bush and all administrations going back to Regan for lack of science funding. Why...if we hadn't let our nation "fall behind" so badly with this kind of funding, we wouldn't be in this pickle --- that's what he was really implying. And we all know that he just loves to make hay during a crisis because that's the kind of morally- impoverished administration this is.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/04/obama-on-swine.html

Boxcar

boxcar
04-27-2009, 11:34 PM

Gee, guys, remember the big to do you boys made when Bush was playing golf? You were ready to give M Moore an Oscar for showing that scene.

Oh, yeah, his HHS is shy about 20 key positions. Maybe he should focus on doing his own job.

So...if we're falling behind the rest of the world, I'm led to ask: Is the rest of the world hiding the cure for swine flu from the U.S. and Mexico? Does the rest of the world, which apparently is so enlightened and so progressive and soooo very together withholding valuable information from us?

Here again, Obama compares us to the "rest of the world" and what happens? The U.S. comes up lacking. Same ol', same ol'. America just can't get anything right!

Boxcar

Floyd
04-27-2009, 11:36 PM
Sure. That's my interpretation of his remarks when he blamed Bush and all administrations going back to Regan for lack of science funding. Why...if we hadn't let our nation "fall behind" so badly with this kind of funding, we wouldn't be in this pickle --- that's what he was really implying. And we all know that he just loves to make hay during a crisis because that's the kind of morally- impoverished administration this is.

Boxcar
Boxcar, you've got a little somthin' somethin' on your lower lip there.
Looks like, maybe, a little crumb of false witness?
I dunno. Might want to brush it off.

Rookies
04-27-2009, 11:40 PM
Hmmmm... when was he born ? I'm thinking December 2, 1823 ! :rolleyes:

How how about them dang changes that have happened since then? You've got this fool thing called the Internet where people voice their opinions on WHATEVER they want ! All manner of foolishness and anarchism...:lol:

What's a poor tortured soul to do, but go back 200 years to find harmony and one world view among all the people of America... well the free, white ones anyway... and not the women , of course...

mostpost
04-27-2009, 11:44 PM

Boxcar

That is just a bizarre interpretation of those remarks. Even I am embarrassed for you.

boxcar
04-27-2009, 11:51 PM
Boxcar, you've got a little somthin' somethin' on your lower lip there.
Looks like, maybe, a little crumb of false witness?
I dunno. Might want to brush it off.

Why is that? You just know that he's going to make political capital out of this swine flu because this is this administration's classless style. You know that he's not going to waste a good crisis. And as Tom pointed out, he already told us that we're lagging behind the rest of the world.

I know adding 2 + 2 and coming up with the correct answer poses a genuine challenge for you; but try a little kook aid fasting for the next week. Perhaps you'll get it right.

Boxcar

mostpost
04-27-2009, 11:54 PM

This is becoming sad. "Barry" is not in Mexico. He was speaking before the National Academy of Science. And there is nothing in the link about him playing golf. Just something in the comments section posted by another numbskull.

Floyd
04-27-2009, 11:54 PM
Why is that? You just know that he's going to make political capital out of this swine flu because this is this administration's classless style. You know that he's not going to waste a good crisis. And as Tom pointed out, he already told us that we're lagging behind the rest of the world.

I know adding 2 + 2 and coming up with the correct answer poses a genuine challenge for you; but try a little kook aid fasting for the next week. Perhaps you'll get it right.

Boxcar
Keep digging. It's entertaining.
If we could harness all that spin we could power the planet!

boxcar
04-27-2009, 11:56 PM
That is just a bizarre interpretation of those remarks. Even I am embarrassed for you.

You should be embarrassed for your messiah; but you're just as impoverished as he is.

But stay tuned...perhaps his remarks will be vindicated, yet -- when "the rest of the world" steps up to the plate and tells us that it has a cure for the swine flu. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Floyd
04-28-2009, 12:01 AM
You should be embarrassed for your messiah; but you're just as impoverished as he is.

But stay tuned...perhaps his remarks will be vindicated, yet -- when "the rest of the world" steps up to the plate and tells us that it has a cure for the swine flu.
Boxcar
"You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor."

46zilzal
04-28-2009, 12:02 AM
I post once in awhile but mostly I just lurk. What I don't understand is how come there are never any posts about Canada and their problems from Americans but there's a S##t Load of criticisms about America from a few Canadians on here. Don't they have anything at all to worry about up there? I'm sick of reading their crap about all that's wrong with us. You don't live here so why not MYOB and STFU!
Moving here almost 35 years ago opened my eyes to being a world citizen and it has never changed once I left the dogma of American exceptionalism.

An awakening

mostpost
04-28-2009, 12:05 AM

This is becoming sad. "Barry" is not in Mexico. He was speaking before the National Academy of Science. And there is nothing in the link about him playing golf. Just something in the comments section posted by another numbskull.

Floyd
04-28-2009, 12:20 AM
Moving here almost 35 years ago opened my eyes to being a world citizen and it has never changed once I left the dogma of American exceptionalism.

An awakening
Oh, yeah? You guys don't even have a baseball team, (Blue Jays don't count) Some culture. Have you ever tried finding Canadian bacon in Manitoba? I can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Canadian on a medical holiday down here. (believe me, I've tried) You're all standing in line in our emergency rooms because your commie health care sucks... and don't get me started on your geese! Have you seen our golf courses lately?
I tell ya, we're building the fence on the wrong damned border!

(Wow, being a "Republican" in the U.S sure is easy!)

Tom
04-28-2009, 07:29 AM

That should have read "it" is in Mexico.
The point, which you missed, is that how the heck is it our fault what a filthy third rate country where you can't even drink the water does health-wise?

And the comment about golf was n tin that article, but it happened. Are you limited by you have handed you in a single link? :lol:

Extra, extra, read all about it, Barry's a duffer while citizens suffer!

http://forum.newshounds.us/viewtopic.php?t=27822&sid=b87a7e0e671483941069fa1c62a9306c

Tom
04-28-2009, 07:31 AM
"You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor."

Love thy neighbor, but don't get caught.

Floyd
04-28-2009, 08:12 AM
Love thy neighbor, but don't get caught.
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors wife's ass, nor his ox, nor his house....

Tom
04-28-2009, 08:58 AM
Well, then, LOATHE thy neighbor! :D

Pell Mell
04-28-2009, 12:43 PM

An awakening

Were you a draft dodger or deserter?

Show Me the Wire
04-28-2009, 12:46 PM

great post :lol:

Tom
04-28-2009, 12:47 PM
He escaped exceptionalism and keeps on proving it to this day! :lol:

46zilzal
04-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Oh, yeah? You guys don't even have a baseball team, (Blue Jays don't count) Some culture. Have you ever tried finding Canadian bacon in Manitoba? I can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Canadian on a medical holiday down here. (believe me, I've tried) You're all standing in line in our emergency rooms because your commie health care sucks... and don't get me started on your geese! Have you seen our golf courses lately?
I tell ya, we're building the fence on the wrong damned border!

(Wow, being a "Republican" in the U.S sure is easy!)
boy do you have everything wrong. I worked in the health care system here over 30 years and it is nothing like the goons against that form of care portray it.

Floyd
04-28-2009, 03:53 PM
boy do you have everything wrong. I worked in the health care system here over 30 years and it is nothing like the goons against that form of care portray it.
I'm pretty sure I got the part about the geese right.... ;)

mostpost
04-28-2009, 04:42 PM
The point, which you missed, is that how the heck is it our fault what a filthy third rate country where you can't even drink the water does health-wise?

And the comment about golf was n tin that article, but it happened. Are you limited by you have handed you in a single link? :lol:

http://forum.newshounds.us/viewtopic.php?t=27822&sid=b87a7e0e671483941069fa1c62a9306c

Tom, you need to hire a secretary, so we can understand what you mean.
I take it the "it" refers to the Swine Flu. When I first read it, I thought you had just typed "is" twice. Now I'm enlightened. Thank you.

I did understand Your's, and Boxcar's comment that it isn't our fault what happens in Mexico. But, your interpretation of Obama's remarks is completely (deliberately?) wrong. He was saying that we need to comcentrate on science and research so that we are better equipped to handle situations such as this. In no way did he say or imply that the United States is responsible for the current outbreak.

mostpost
04-28-2009, 04:54 PM

As far as the golf; I should have checked further, but the whole thing didn't seem that important. Before someone comes on here and remarks on how democrats criticized Bush when he played golf during Katrina, there is a difference. Our criticism at the time was that NOBODY was doing ANYTHING at the time. Bush wasn't even aware there was a problem. In this case the Obama administration is right on top of the situation. They are monitoring the borders and entrypoints. They are monitoring new cases of the disease. They are shipping Tamiflu and some other medication to afffected areas. They are reaching out to other countries to coordinate the response to the crisis. And they are all over the "Tube" providing updates to the people. There is a HUGE difference.

riskman
04-28-2009, 06:12 PM
Pell Mell--Now we are picking on our friendly neighbors who we share many interests. Get a grip.

Eh !!!!! Then those Canadian terrorists ---they are a major threat to the U.S.A.

http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_jan2009/CanadianTerroristes.jpg

And those Canadian Coffee breaks are a gem.

http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_jun2007/MarchOfThePenguins.jpg

socantra
04-28-2009, 07:19 PM
You really should check your age and wayback machine. 35 years ago the draft was over and if you were in and stationed stateside, about all you had to do to get out was tell them you didn't want to do it anymore.

If you were overseas, you probably weren't going to have the opportunity to desert to Canada.

socantra
04-28-2009, 07:30 PM
I'm pretty sure I got the part about the geese right.... ;)

Nonsense! Canada Goose had less noxious flavor than any imprinted rolling paper I can remember. They were certainly much less harsh and offensive than those nasty flag papers.

Rookies
04-28-2009, 07:32 PM
Pell Mell--Now we are picking on our friendly neighbors who we share many interests. Get a grip.

Eh !!!!! Then those Canadian terrorists ---they are a major threat to the U.S.A.

http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_jan2009/CanadianTerroristes.jpg

And those Canadian Coffee breaks are a gem.

http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_jun2007/MarchOfThePenguins.jpg

Pell Mell was holding the protest sign of that infamous Bush supporter... you know: " GET A BRAIN MORANS " ! :lol: :lol: :lol: