PDA

View Full Version : NYRA snafu

cj's dad
04-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Two friends of mine have been running a bus trip from Baltimore to Belmont for the Belmont Stakes for the last 25+ years. For the last 12 years, my friends have purchased 50 tickets in a group and each and every year for the last 7-8 years it has been an ordeal for them trying to secure a block of 50 tickets in the same or better area as the previous year. Imagine if you will, showing up personally at the ticket office with a copy of your application in hand (the original application was submitted via registered mail on time) and a check for nearly $4000 and being told that you may not get your 50 seats. The bus is ordered and a deposit submitted and the 50 die hards have paid up.

The reason given by NYRA folks is that it is difficult for the ticket office (group sales) to accommodate that many people in a single area. What? The seats should be held for this group that have been faithful customers for 25+ years unless NYRA is notified otherwise. That was not the case.

Any NYRA officials here ?; how about stepping up to the plate and help out with this issue. PM me for the pertinent group name and number. Remember, the check is in the hands of NYRA; the guys are merely asking for a confirmation that their seats will be available.

samyn on the green
04-28-2009, 12:27 AM
I'm waiting on a block of ten seats. The CC has yet to be charged. Not sure why they are waiting this long to process payment. In previous years the payment was processed very quickly and I have received Belmont stakes tickets around the Preakness weekend. With over five weeks to go I would give them two more weeks before I hit the panic button. If you talk to someone over there tell them to send samyn on the green's tickets too.