PDA

View Full Version : Bumpkin strikes again

Show Me the Wire
04-27-2009, 02:14 PM
The bumpkin president and his clueless administration strike again against individual rights while continuing the unrelenting attack upon the Constitution. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/24/obama-legal-team-asking-s_n_191005.html

Bufoonary at its worst.

Tom
04-27-2009, 02:57 PM
The Brown shirts are coming.

Can you imagine the fuss Sec would be making if this were Bush? :D

mostpost
04-27-2009, 03:36 PM
I was around in 1976 when the Miranda decision came down. As were many of you :D The Apoplexy among Republicans was something to see! "It's the liberal Warren Court" "They're coddling criminals." "They let a rapist go on a technicality." Of course it turned out he was comvicted in a retrial, but they never mention that. Every decision that came from the Supreme court which enhanced the rights of defendants in criminal trials brought a storm of protest from the Right. (NOTE that I say "Defendants in criminal trials" and not criminals.)
Now we have a situation where some of those rights (the same rights that Republicans, conservatives, the Right, whtever you want to call them fought so hard against) are in danger of being taken away and those same people are outraged.
What could the difference possibly be..could it...could it possibly be that Barack Obama is President and everything you cheered when he wasn't is now something you boo when he is. :faint: :faint: :faint:

mostpost
04-27-2009, 03:42 PM
The Brown shirts are coming.

Can you imagine the fuss Sec would be making if this were Bush? :D

No Tom, I can't imagine the fuss Sec would be making if this were Bush. But, I definitely know what you would be saying, "They're anchors. "If they weren't guilty the police wouldn't have arrested them." "They shouldn't have the rights of hard working, honest Americans." "POS' "Hang 'em" " :mad: :mad: :mad: "

That's Tom thats :mad: not me.

Show Me the Wire
04-27-2009, 04:19 PM
I was around in 1976 too. There were alot of conservative Democrats upset about the decision too. Myself, I welcomed the decision. Also at that time I was proud to be active in the Democratic party. That was, also, the last time I voted for a democratic presidential candidate. Peanuts Carter showed me the errors of my youth.

I am pretty sure the current bumpkin will do the same for today's youth. Can't wait for the mid-term elections.

mostpost
04-27-2009, 04:36 PM
I was around in 1976 too. There were alot of conservative Democrats upset about the decision too. Myself, I welcomed the decision. Also at that time I was proud to be active in the Democratic party. That was, also, the last time I voted for a democratic presidential candidate. Peanuts Carter showed me the errors of my youth.

I am pretty sure the current bumpkin will do the same for today's youth. Can't wait for the mid-term elections.

I actually don't like the idea of the Obama admin trying to take away or curtail the right to an attorney when being questioned. I was objecting to the hypocrisy.

I can't wait for the mid-term elections either. I fear you are going to be very disappointed :( :(

Show Me the Wire
04-27-2009, 04:48 PM
I actually don't like the idea of the Obama admin trying to take away or curtail the right to an attorney when being questioned. I was objecting to the hypocrisy.

I can't wait for the mid-term elections either. I fear you are going to be very disappointed :( :(

I am not sure what hypocrisy you were referring too. The link to the story came from a left leaning organiztion, not a republican one and as I stated alot of democrats at that time were the law and order types too.

Regarding the mid-term elections one of us probably will be somewhat disappointed as it seems we occupy different ideals and concepts along the vast political spectrum. If Obama keeps on screwing up his non-foreign policy foreign policy and continues to ignore the economic woes of the nation the dems will lose lots of seats.

My prediction is no one party will be an outright winner, with the dems losing the most seats, as Obama's performance stands now. Of course things can change radically due to uncontrollable and unforeseen events. However, anchoring my prediction on Obama's current performance will continue as is, I believe you will be more disappointed than I.

JustRalph
04-27-2009, 04:48 PM
I was around in 1976 when the Miranda decision came down. As were many of you :D The Apoplexy among Republicans was something to see! "It's the liberal Warren Court" "They're coddling criminals." "They let a rapist go on a technicality." Of course it turned out he was comvicted in a retrial, but they never mention that. Every decision that came from the Supreme court which enhanced the rights of defendants in criminal trials brought a storm of protest from the Right. (NOTE that I say "Defendants in criminal trials" and not criminals.)
Now we have a situation where some of those rights (the same rights that Republicans, conservatives, the Right, whtever you want to call them fought so hard against) are in danger of being taken away and those same people are outraged.
What could the difference possibly be..could it...could it possibly be that Barack Obama is President and everything you cheered when he wasn't is now something you boo when he is. :faint: :faint: :faint:

I believe it was 1966, and Miranda doesn't get in the way of any decent cop.

boxcar
04-27-2009, 04:51 PM

And I object to the state giving and the state taking away rights (at least making an effort at it).

Boxcar

Show Me the Wire
04-27-2009, 04:54 PM

You are correct. Those liberal decades of mine run together.

mostpost
04-27-2009, 04:59 PM

I guess I'm going to have to hire someone to read to me. It was 1966. My bad.

And you are correct "Miranda doesn't get in the way of any decent cop", but there was a great deal of controversy at the time.

1966? My God, I'm even older than I thought!

BlueShoe
04-27-2009, 06:28 PM
1966,how long ago.Was on an aircraft carrier in the Tonkin Gulf part of that year.It was the only general election that I failed to vote in during my entire life.Always regreted not being able to vote for Ronald Reagan for governor of California,even though I had a good reason to miss it.

Tom
04-27-2009, 06:39 PM
No Tom, I can't imagine the fuss Sec would be making if this were Bush. But, I definitely know what you would be saying, "They're anchors. "If they weren't guilty the police wouldn't have arrested them." "They shouldn't have the rights of hard working, honest Americans." "POS' "Hang 'em" " :mad: :mad: :mad: "

That's Tom thats :mad: not me.

Shows what you know. Not much, as I guessed
I am in favor of miranda.

Go see if you can read the mind of a cock roach.....might be more of a fair contest for you than trying to read mine. :lol:

Tom
04-27-2009, 06:42 PM
I am not sure what hypocrisy you were referring too.

Parrots.
They speak words, even sentences.
Have no clue what they mean.
Just react to triggers.

Don't say cracker.....waaaaaaaaacccccckkkkkkkkk!!

boxcar
04-27-2009, 06:45 PM

Go see if you can read the mind of a cock roach.....might be more of a fair contest for you than trying to read mine. :lol:

That's it! I've had it with you, Tom. Now, you have gone too far! You've insulted the cockroach. How can a lower life form read the mind of a higher one!? I'm reporting you to PETA. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Boxcar
P.S. Hope you're happy. You just made my blood pressure shoot up 60 points!

Tom
04-27-2009, 06:46 PM
P.S. Hope you're happy. You just made my blood pressure shoot up 60 points!

Now you can skip your workout today! :D

mostpost
04-27-2009, 06:54 PM

DARN!!!!! Guess we can't fight :bang: :bang:

boxcar
04-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Now you can skip your workout today! :D

Too late. Do that stuff when I get up in the morning. But it's a darn good idea for tomorrow. In fact..I'll just sleep in during that workout time. :jump:

Boxcar
P.S. Thanks for making me feel better.