PDA

View Full Version : "Trying to expell all raiders"

Hajck Hillstrom
04-26-2009, 01:42 PM
"from pillar to post"

It will take some getting used to Mark Johnson's calls from Churchill, but I don't think it will take too long to adjust.

I do like his and Jill Byrne's pre-race analysis.

DJofSD
04-26-2009, 02:03 PM
If they would add Jessica, it'd be fantastic!

sandpit
04-26-2009, 10:28 PM
I love foreign horses, but they can keep their announcers. Larry Colmus and Travis Stone both got the shaft in the deal.

wisconsin
04-27-2009, 12:32 PM
I think he's ok, has high energy and excitment in his calls.

Maybe this is for another thread, but why did CD move their camera pan angle so much lower? Reminds me of Pimlico and Saratoga, and Fairgrounds auxilary finish races (very hard to get a feel of position in the stretch and can't see closers on the outside). And of course they now have added that awkward 10 seconds of head-on down the backstretch.

DJofSD
04-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Speaking about CDX and cameras: why can't some/most/all tracks have cameras mounted on solid, stable platforms? Watching some of the warm ups or even some times during the race, the camera image is bouncing around way too much. Any more bouncing and I'd end up with a case of mal de mar.

racefinder2
04-28-2009, 05:28 PM
with all the ambient noise at the OTB, I cannot understand what this guy is saying...

Bruddah
04-28-2009, 06:52 PM
[QUOTE=racefinder2]with all the ambient noise at the OTB, I cannot understand what this guy is saying...[/QUOT

I'm glad old Bruddah is not the only one which has a problem with the "twang". Why after 200+ years must it be fashionable to have a foreign accent? Especially in American Thoroughbred Racing. Damn, next the American Legion Bingo Halls will be importing them to call. :lol: :eek:

cj's dad
04-28-2009, 06:55 PM
[QUOTE=racefinder2]with all the ambient noise at the OTB, I cannot understand what this guy is saying...[/QUOT

I'm glad old Bruddah is not the only one which has a problem with the "twang". Why after 200+ years must it be fashionable? Especially in American Thoroughbred Racing. Damn, next the American Legion Bingo Halls will be importing them to call. :lol: :eek:

Bruddah - could you imagine one of them being the auctioneer at an Arkansas livestock auction. :lol::eek::faint:

Bruddah
04-28-2009, 06:58 PM
[QUOTE=Bruddah]

Bruddah - could you imagine one of them being the auctioneer at an Arkansas livestock auction. :lol::eek::faint:

Daddy'O you utter Treason and it's damn close to blasphemy. ;) :rolleyes: