PDA

View Full Version : Quality Road's 4/10 workout ---looks dismal

WinterTriangle
04-25-2009, 10:01 PM
to me. :confused:

It's not about the time.

Look at the walkout afterwards even. The horse has no spring in his step, he has a dull almost languished look overall? All I can say in that based on watching horses, he is just missing something here.

I didn't have him in my EX or TRIs and seeing this video made me feel better about leaving him out.

1:02:19 for 5F, though I realize that he wasn't being worked hard. I am more concerned with how he "looks", though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0czuPyC9nQo

BELMONT 6-6-09
04-25-2009, 10:04 PM
The horse is in the hands of a real quality horseman...he will be the best evaluator. The son of HAJerkins clan has been in the business for a long time

with a good track record.

WinterTriangle
04-25-2009, 10:33 PM
The horse is in the hands of a real quality horseman...he will be the best evaluator. The son of HAJerkins clan has been in the business for a long time

with a good track record.

I was certainly not disputing that. Nothing I said would de-value this trainer's brilliance.

However, as a bettor, I feel completely within my rights to *evaluate* all the horses in the field myself, as well. ;)

My eval includes watching workouts and past races.

BELMONT 6-6-09
04-25-2009, 10:37 PM
As a matter of fact I knew a real successful horseplayer (who has since passed), and he said the same his eyes were the best evaluator....better then anything written in the pp's. he was very successful.