PDA

View Full Version : MS Word

Tom
04-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Is there a way to completely turn off that annoying feature of "bullets and numbering" in Word?

It is the most evasive, useless feature in a program that is the poster child for useless annoying features.

JustRalph
04-25-2009, 09:41 PM
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HA100650161033.aspx

chickenhead
04-25-2009, 11:07 PM
Unexpectedly and without reason -- not just doing something you don't want it to do -- but thereafter just refusing to do what you tell it to do.

they ought to call it the "auto-rage" feature. I'd turn it off -- but I think it's healthy to get murderously angry from time to time -- and Microsoft Word is so good at bringing it on -- that's Word's special talent.

Tom
04-26-2009, 12:05 AM
Do you suppose Jeffery Dahmer was a Word beta tester? :eek:

wilderness
04-26-2009, 07:50 AM
Tools/ Options/ Auto Correct/ Auto Format as you type

JustRalph
04-26-2009, 11:21 AM
Tom, did that link work?

Tom
04-26-2009, 01:37 PM
I don't know where the MS Office button is, so I was stopped there. I did find it in the program, though, so I was able to turn it off.

Thanks.

PaceAdvantage
04-28-2009, 02:21 AM
I just had to reinstall Vista clean after something wreaked havoc with my registry (found vague references to this vague problem online...seems like certain programs out there may really screw with the permission settings in the registry, thus wreaking all sorts of havoc if you try and uninstall or reinstall a program).

In any event, I've decided to give open office a try after hearing about it for years.

BTW, this is the first time ever I've had to reinstall an operating system due to major damage (oh, and my backup? It was corrupted on another drive...and I had turned off system restore in vista...all lessons learned).

Maybe Vista really does suck like everyone says...:lol: