PDA

View Full Version : GOP Is Acting Like a Guy Who Got Dumped

hcap
04-25-2009, 06:40 AM
http://www.alternet.org/story/138354/bill_maher%3A_the_gop_is_acting_like_a_guy_who_got _dumped/

Bill Maher: The GOP Is Acting Like a Guy Who Got Dumped

.....Here are the big issues for normal people: the war, the economy, the environment, mending fences with our enemies and allies, and the rule of law.

And here's the list of Republican obsessions since President Obama took office: that his birth certificate is supposedly fake, he uses a teleprompter too much, he bowed to a Saudi guy, Europeans like him, he gives inappropriate gifts, his wife shamelessly flaunts her upper arms, and he shook hands with Hugo Chavez and slipped him the nuclear launch codes.

Bubba X
04-25-2009, 07:59 AM
You left out

-The dog hasn't bitten anyone
-The market is up 25%
- Hillary looks like she lost some weight

Why isn't Hannity all over these things?

The Judge
04-25-2009, 09:19 AM
doesn't it seem odd that after 8 years of Geroge Bush there would now be a Tea Party and Texas threatens to succeed from the Union. This all in less then 100 says.

At the Tea Party many signs were for lower taxes if the party was made up of adverage citizens across the U.S 95% of them have lower taxes.

Tom
04-25-2009, 09:37 AM
There has been no tax cut Judge.

Marshall Bennett
04-25-2009, 10:41 AM
http://www.alternet.org/story/138354/bill_maher%3A_the_gop_is_acting_like_a_guy_who_got _dumped/

Bill Maher: The GOP Is Acting Like a Guy Who Got Dumped

.....Here are the big issues for normal people: the war, the economy, the environment, mending fences with our enemies and allies, and the rule of law.

And here's the list of Republican obsessions since President Obama took office: that his birth certificate is supposedly fake, he uses a teleprompter too much, he bowed to a Saudi guy, Europeans like him, he gives inappropriate gifts, his wife shamelessly flaunts her upper arms, and he shook hands with Hugo Chavez and slipped him the nuclear launch codes.
Few Americans with a sense of normal values listen to Maher . He's a throwback communist from days gone by , trying to induce his lack of morality on modern day society . He's Nancy Pelosi warmed over . A complete jackass that hates his country . There exist a furnace in another world for assholes like him and Sean Penn , just to mention two . There's a long list .

GaryG
04-25-2009, 10:48 AM
They bitch about Fox News and quote an idiot like Maher? Next will be the Democratic Underground and the Daily Worker. This is pitiful.

Tom
04-25-2009, 10:52 AM
Funny this is all the libs have to talk about.
Trying to mis-direct attention from the failed presidency in only 90+ days.
What is the highlight of his term so far, that two weeks ago 8 billion dollars in pork was insignificant but this week 100 million in symbolic cuts are very important, and they have 90 days to find it!

I'd be talking about anything else, too.
Libs are funny. :lol::D

boxcar
04-25-2009, 11:10 AM
Funny this is all the libs have to talk about.
Trying to mis-direct attention from the failed presidency in only 90+ days.
What is the highlight of his term so far, that two weeks ago 8 billion dollars in pork was insignificant but this week 100 million in symbolic cuts are very important, and they have 90 days to find it!

I'd be talking about anything else, too.
Libs are funny. :lol::D

Yeah...and no one could take 90 minutes out of their life to to read and try to make sense out of the "stimulus" bill. What a pathetic bunch of losers.

Boxcar

JustRalph
04-25-2009, 11:17 AM
[url]

This is where Mahr is dead wrong.

These aren't big issues if you understand what has an influence on them.

The environment? get real.......

Mending fences.......? don't make me laugh

The rule of law only applies to Republicans and right wingers....... :bang: :lol:

melman
04-25-2009, 12:59 PM
How right you are JR and once again Mr Maher makes up his own "facts".

that, out of 20 prominent issues, Americans ranked global warming dead last in terms of importance. If the newer Rasmussen results are any guide, support has waned even further since then.

This prism has bent the light on global warming exactly wrong. In fact, it is the communication skills of scientists that are responsible for people’s opinions. Kellstedt found that people “with high confidence in scientists . . . show less concern for global warming,” as did the “more informed respondents.” Americans’ lack of alarm has less to do with “skeptics” than it does with people’s perception of mainstream science.

Interestingly, this is parallel to other issues at the science-political nexus. Despite years of campaigning against genetically modified (GM) food on the part of many environmentalists, the more people learn, the less concerned they are about that, too.

JustRalph
04-25-2009, 01:13 PM
On Mahr............. scathing article

http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives/2009/04/24/happily-divorced-from-bill-mahers-reality/

NJ Stinks
04-25-2009, 01:35 PM
Can't say it's a mystery why righties despise Maher.

I, on the hand, really enjoyed last night's show - Maher's marital status notwithstanding. :rolleyes:

Steve 'StatMan'
04-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Heh! I wonder if Maher should answer on surveys and applicatons:

Marital Status? Rent

toetoe
04-25-2009, 06:43 PM
I would prefer to hear the opinion of hcap himself. Bill Maher ? This board stoops low indeed to hear from that preposterous panjandrum. :ThmbDown: .

Tread
04-25-2009, 08:37 PM
There has been no tax cut Judge.

So what exactly is this then?

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009

Tax cuts
Total: $288 billion

Alternative minimum tax ("][/url]

Tax relief for individuals

Total: $237 billion

$116 billion: New payroll tax credit of $400 per worker and $800 per couple in 2009 and 2010. Phaseout begins at $75,000 for individuals and $150,000 for joint filers.
$70 billion: [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_minimum_tax): a one year increase in AMT floor to $70,950 for joint filers for 2009.
$15 billion: Expansion of child tax credit: A $1,000 credit to more families (even those that do not make enough money to pay income taxes).
$14 billion: Expanded college credit to provide a $2,500 expanded tax credit for college tuition and related expenses for 2009 and 2010. The credit is phased out for couples making more than $160,000.
$6.6 billion: Homebuyer credit: $8,000 refundable credit for all homes bought between 1/1/2009 and 12/1/2009 and repayment provision repealed for homes purchased in 2009 and held more than three years. This only applies to first-time homebuyers.
$4.7 billion: Excluding from taxation the first $2,400 a person receives in unemployment compensation benefits in 2009.
$4.7 billion: Expanded earned income tax credit to increase the earned income tax credit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earned_income_tax_credit) — which provides money to low income workers — for families with at least three children.
$4.3 billion: Home energy credit to provide an expanded credit to homeowners who make their homes more energy-efficient in 2009 and 2010. Homeowners could recoup 30 percent of the cost up to $1,500 of numerous projects, such as installing energy-efficient windows, doors, furnaces and air conditioners.
$1.7 billion: for deduction of sales tax from car purchases, not interest payments phased out for incomes above $250,000.

Tax relief for companies

Total: $51 billion

$15 billion: Allowing companies to use current losses to offset profits made in the previous five years, instead of two, making them eligible for tax refunds.
$13 billion: to extend tax credits for renewable energy production (until 2014).
$11 billion: Government contractors: Repeal a law that takes effect in 2012, requiring government agencies to withhold three percent of payments to contractors to help ensure they pay their tax bills. Repealing the law would cost $11 billion over 10 years, in part because the government could not earn interest by holding the money throughout the year.
$7 billion: Repeal bank credit: Repeal a Treasury provision that allowed firms that buy money-losing banks to use more of the losses as tax credits to offset the profits of the merged banks for tax purposes. The change would increase taxes on the merged banks by $7 billion over 10 years.
$5 billion: Bonus depreciation which extends a provision allowing businesses buying equipment such as computers to speed up its depreciation through 2009.

Tom
04-25-2009, 09:07 PM
What percent tax are you paying now as compared to December?
Lowering the withholding is not a tax cut. The rest of that stuff is bogus.

JustRalph
04-25-2009, 09:44 PM
yep, that raise in the Cigarette tax probably won't effect the poor at all

Saratoga_Mike
04-25-2009, 09:48 PM
What percent tax are you paying now as compared to December?
Lowering the withholding is not a tax cut. The rest of that stuff is bogus.

Technically, you're correct. But the tax credits lower one's overall effective tax rate.

Tom
04-25-2009, 10:31 PM
If one qualifies.
This is not 95% by any stretch.

Bush tax cuts were real cuts - for everyone, contrary to the lies of the left.
With a liar like Obama, one has to split hairs over everything he says.
Fear not, we will! ;)

Saratoga_Mike
04-25-2009, 10:33 PM
If one qualifies.
This is not 95% by any stretch.

Bush tax cuts were real cuts - for everyone, contrary to the lies of the left.
With a liar like Obama, one has to split hairs over everything he says.
Fear not, we will! ;)

In your estimation, what percentage qualify?

Tom
04-25-2009, 10:43 PM
I wouldn't have any idea.
I know my tax rate is exactly the same as it was, and that is lower than I was under Clinton. And I know that $13 more a week, or whatever, will have to paid later one - it is a shell game. Obama is preying on the prevailing ignorance in this country. I wold estimate that percentage - of ignoramuses - at close to 52% :D

hcap
04-26-2009, 05:48 AM
I would prefer to hear the opinion of hcap himself. Bill Maher ? This board stoops low indeed to hear from that preposterous panjandrum. :ThmbDown: .
My opinion is that Maher is a successful comedian.
Coulter and Limpbag only tell bad jokes, and for some reason youse guys think they are philosophers. The dregs(drek) of the bottom of the barrel. of conservative humor. Red Eye is also apparently the best of repug funniness.
That sucks doesn't it??

BlueShoe
04-26-2009, 09:03 AM
So you Libs dont like O'Reilly,Hannity,and Rush,and you say that Coulter is mean to you?Listen to Michael Savage sometime if you really want your hide blistered.His scathing blasts at the Left are so intense that sometimes he even makes ME a bit uneasy,and that is something that is not easy to do.

Tread
04-26-2009, 10:00 AM
I wouldn't have any idea.
I know my tax rate is exactly the same as it was, and that is lower than I was under Clinton. And I know that $13 more a week, or whatever, will have to paid later one - it is a shell game. Obama is preying on the prevailing ignorance in this country. I wold estimate that percentage - of ignoramuses - at close to 52% :D

No Obama is counting on the fact that rest of the world with even half a brain understands the difference between a % tax rate published in a bracket and the effective tax rate after all other provisions have been accounted for. And that the ONLY thing that even remotely matters is the effective tax rate, because that's what dictates what taxes you pay.

If mindless buffoons want to complain about tax bracket rates with total disregard for effective tax rates, then they are just looking for something to complain about that is ABSOLUTELY meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Intelligent people care about effective tax rates and I (and probably Obama too) could care less about the mindless ramblings, based on premises that anyone who even remote understands taxes knows are false, by people who are inventing things to complain about because they don't like someone and just want to complain, no matter how dumb it makes them look.

Tom
04-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Show me a tax rate that has been cut.

If mindless buffoons

Nice display of your inability to discuss in an adult manner.

Tread
04-26-2009, 07:13 PM
Show me a tax rate that has been cut.

Nice display of your inability to discuss in an adult manner.

I already listed over 200 billion in tax cuts on the previous page, the basic tax rates were not changed, but basic tax rates can have very little to do with your overall tax bill and just because a basic rate does not change does not mean taxes were not cut and effective tax rates for the vast majority of people were not lowered. Your statement is a lie.

By your logic, a 50% tax bracket that ends up effectively taxing 25% after all other provisions/deductions are accounted for is worse than a 25% tax bracket that ends up effectively taxing 50% after all other provisions are accounted for. Only a complete idiot would try to argue this point, so I'm sorry if you don't like being called a mindless buffoon, but if you are going to argue this line of thinking, the shoe fits.

Which is not all too surprising to me, as I remember you are the same mindless buffoon who tried to argue that the Bush tax cuts did not have any longterm cost to the federal budget despite the fact that the language of the bill itself describes that it did (over 1.5 trillion dollars between the 2001 and 2003 bills) and the presidents own economic adivisory council said they did.

I understand from reading your other posts that you are a bitter, selfish old man with a head full of incorrect facts and an axe to grind against Obama and Democrats no matter what they do. You are of course welcome to any of your opinions and I think it is absolutely useless to argue these opinions, but if you expect to be able to get away with factually incorrect statements that are not opinion (like there have not been any tax cuts or that tax cuts do not cause budget deficits), you need to take your crock full of shit somewhere else to sell.

Tom
04-26-2009, 07:18 PM
So you can't show me a single bracket that was cut?
Gee, all the rest of your diatribe is just bluster then, I guess.
You get paid by Obama to lie for him on forums? :D

That's twice today you have violated TOS......how old are you?
You call me mindless and yet you cant' show one single tax cut.
Hey boxcar....another one! :lol:

Tread
04-26-2009, 07:23 PM
I showed you a whole page of tax cuts. Again, you are arguing that the only tax cuts involve tax brackets, and this is 100% false and demonstrates an unbelievable lack of knowledge about taxes.You can call your friends in all you want, it doesn't change the facts that those are tax cuts that lower effective tax rates. Is spreading a factual lie part of the TOS? If not, it should be....

Tom
04-26-2009, 07:56 PM
I said tax cuts. You have not shown me a bracket that was cut.
now, if you want to change the subject and tr you pawn off credits as cuts, then I refer you to Ralph's post about cigarettes. You have to factor in all the additional taxes, fees, etc, to offset you credits. You ignored all of that.
I have not seen a tax cut.....and I am sure 95% of the people have not either. I suspect many have seen tax increases.

So as you say, spreading lies should be against TOS, like your lie tht there have been tax cuts.

Show me the brackets. Or you are lying.

-30-

Tread
04-26-2009, 08:11 PM
AGAIN, you are just increidbly wrong. You do not have to cut a % bracket to qualify as a tax cut. Cutting those brackets is one of THOUSANDS of ways you could cut your federal tax burden. Your premise that I have to cut a % bracket to be called a "tax cut" is simply 100% factually inaccurate and impossible to disupute.

That page of taxes I listed represents over 200 billion dollars of federal taxes that are no longer collected. That by definition is a tax cut. 100% indisputable. That act is a tax cut. Period. Tax credits are tax cuts. Period. They result in an individual having to pay fewer taxes for a provision they previously had to. That is a tax cut.

If you are trying to suggest that cigarette taxes are raising taxes by 200 billion dollars to offset what that bill has done, I must admit that not being a smoker I really dont pay attention to this, so if you would like to show me some data that suggests cig taxes are being increased by 200 billion dollars to imply that it is a wash, then fine, let's see it.

But that does not change the fact that the bill in question DOES cut federal taxes required to be paid by over 200 billion dollars and stating that it does not is a factual lie.

Tom
04-26-2009, 10:07 PM
No tax cuts, sorry, and your boy has put us over 12 trillion in debt. So far.
And when he lets the Bush tax cuts ( real cuts) expire, that will be a tax increase - on everyone. especially the lowest income brackets.
Oh, and don't forget to factor in cap and trade.

PaceAdvantage
04-28-2009, 03:09 AM
There has been no tax cut Judge.Shhh...they think if they repeat things often enough, it will become reality...best let them continue on with this cute little ignorance of the facts.

PaceAdvantage
04-28-2009, 03:11 AM
Few Americans with a sense of normal values listen to Maher . He's a throwback communist from days gone by , trying to induce his lack of morality on modern day society . He's Nancy Pelosi warmed over . A complete jackass that hates his country . There exist a furnace in another world for assholes like him and Sean Penn , just to mention two . There's a long list .Actually, what Maher is is a rather talentless comic who latched onto something he thought might make him a little $$ and get him laid at the same time.

Of course, he's been doing this shtick long enough that he has probably convinced himself that he actually BELIEVES about half of what he says in public. But really, it's all about getting laid for him (and paid).

PaceAdvantage
04-28-2009, 03:13 AM
On Mahr............. scathing article

http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives/2009/04/24/happily-divorced-from-bill-mahers-reality/I swear on everything I hold dear that I made my "getting laid" reply BEFORE I ever clicked on your link...

PaceAdvantage
04-28-2009, 03:17 AM
Coulter and Limpbag only tell bad jokes, and for some reason youse guys think they are philosophers.Another off-topic falsehood (lie) from the grand dame of the far-left posters here.

hcap
04-28-2009, 05:41 AM
The reason the repugs are now at only 24% of the population, is mostly due to your state of denial. And your populist leaders like Coulter and Limpbag. Not my falsehood(s).

Cry all you want about RINOs. You gentlemen when shown the errors of your ways are nothing but WHINOs.

ddog
04-28-2009, 01:33 PM
Another off-topic falsehood (lie) from the grand dame of the far-left posters here.

bad jokes or incredible insight, the lie is which?

i need help.

:(

Hank
04-28-2009, 10:41 PM
Actually, what Maher is is a rather talentless comic who latched onto something he thought might make him a little $$ and get him laid at the same time.

Of course, he's been doing this shtick long enough that he has probably convinced himself that he actually BELIEVES about half of what he says in public. But really, it's all about getting laid for him (and paid).

Quite revealing.;)

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2009, 03:05 AM
Quite revealing.;)Keep up the awesome contributions! :ThmbUp:

hcap
05-01-2009, 06:40 AM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jS-2PKur2waVdxNtQsn1eSSimZGQD97SDF3O0

"Republicans are widely viewed by the public as less competent than Democrats to handle issue ranging from health care to education and energy, according to internal polling presented to top GOP officials in Congress.

The same survey found President Barack Obama holds the support of a significant minority of self-described conservative, independent voters.

The Associated Press obtained partial results of the survey, which was conducted in late March by New Models, a firm with close ties to Republicans. GOP lawmakers in Congress have generally opposed Obama's early legislative agenda, voting with near unanimity against economic stimulus legislation and unanimously against a White House-backed budget that cleared Congress on Wednesday.

The survey found the public holds greater confidence in Democrats than in Republicans in handling most of the issues that are involved in Obama's legislative agenda.

Democrats were favored by a margin of 61 percent to 29 percent on education; 59 percent to 30 percent on health care and 59 percent to 31 percent on energy. Congress is expected to consider major legislation later this year in all three areas.

Democats were also viewed with more confidence in handling taxes, long a Republican strong suit. The only issue among nine in the survey where the two parties were rated as even was in the war on terror."

http://images2.dailykos.com/images/user/3/Goposaur_xlg.gif

Tom
05-01-2009, 07:44 AM
One party rule.
No one to blame.
100% responsibility.

got any positive predictions for the Obama reign?

You seem to post a lot about how good it is that the repubs are out of the picture, but none of any substance. When do we hear the positive predictions of the land of milk and honey coming soon? With specifics, please.

Or aren't you confident enough to post substance?
I had the balls to predict the repub resurgence at the lowest point in their history. Come on hcap. Man up. Post some positive predictions for the messiah. :lol:

hcap
05-03-2009, 06:25 AM
Here you are guys. Another post demonstrating the reality of the real world.
Not the reality of the few here who still think they are still riding high.
Am I trying to undermine the country by being fair and balanced?
You decide. :lol:
Newest figures

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/images/pew-stats-blog.jpg

"The graph on the left charts party identification over the last six years. Democrats held steady, then surged in the 2008 campaign and finally came down off those highs after the election. Republicans have been steadily down -- from just under 1/3 or the electorate in 2004 to just under a quarter now.

The graph to the right shows just this year. The lines look fairly similar -- but much less so when you see them in the context of the larger trend. That is, the Dems were coming off an extremely high 39% party affiliation and a build up into the election. For Republicans it's just a continuation of the same 5 year trend.

Just as noticeable -- independent affiliation is the biggest 'winner'. But for the moment at least, actual elections are zero sum games between the two major political parties. The Democratic 'brand' (we've got to understanding the world in something beside marketing terms) is holding up nicely. The GOP brand remains in steep decline.

--Josh Marshal

hcap
05-03-2009, 06:32 AM
One party rule.
No one to blame.
100% responsibility.

got any positive predictions for the Obama reign?

You seem to post a lot about how good it is that the repubs are out of the picture, but none of any substance. When do we hear the positive predictions of the land of milk and honey coming soon? With specifics, please.

Or aren't you confident enough to post substance?
I had the balls to predict the repub resurgence at the lowest point in their history. Come on hcap. Man up. Post some positive predictions for the messiah. :lol:Substance? OK.
The Obama birth certificate issue will be forgotten.
Except by a few here.
We will stop calling Obama a POS, or traitor.
Except for a few here.

There will be fewer people using the term "anchor" in silly derogatory ways.
Except for a few here.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/may/01/recession-food-handouts-america-virginia

Lefty
05-03-2009, 11:46 AM
There have been war protests all through my lifetime. But I have NEVER seen anything to rival these "tea parties." I suspect when the Bush tax cuts die and cap and trade kicks in, there will be more tea parties and a bigger public outcry. I wouldn't be surprised to even see "Peggy" at one.

PaceAdvantage
05-04-2009, 02:40 AM
Not the reality of the few here who still think they are still riding high.As Rookies might say, you must be deranged. Who still thinks they are riding high? What are you talking about?

Are you sure you're even posting on the right website?

And for the record, if I were a Democrat, I'd be mighty concerned about the slope of my line too in that five month graph. Looks like the Tea Parties weren't just some sort of fad...they were a wake up call, and a validation of that rapidly rising INDEPENDENT line.

Frankly hcap, I don't know what it is you have to crow about after posting stats like that. You're the best of the worst? Whoopee....

hcap
05-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Looks like the Tea Parties weren't just some sort of fad...they were a wake up call, and a validation of that rapidly rising INDEPENDENT line.
Look at the graph above. Post # 42.
Tea parties? Keep dreaming.

Who knows? 20 or 30 years from now, you guys might learn.
This sums up the repugs right know.

http://www.bartcop.com/gop-whole-HQ.jpg

PaceAdvantage
05-05-2009, 08:03 PM
hcap, try and pay attention. I wasn't talking about Republicans...I was talking about the rapid rise of INDEPENDENTS and the rapid DELCINING SLOPE of BOTH mainstream parties in your own graph.

Like I said, if I were you, I wouldn't be touting those numbers. Right now, you're the best of the worst of TWO...again...WHOOPEEE!!

hcap
05-05-2009, 08:12 PM
hcap, try and pay attention. I wasn't talking about Republicans...I was talking about the rapid rise of INDEPENDENTS and the rapid DELCINING SLOPE of BOTH mainstream parties in your own graph.

Like I said, if I were you, I wouldn't be touting those numbers. Right now, you're the best of the worst of TWO...again...WHOOPEEE!!You better check your glasses. Over the last 6 years Dems have gone from 33% to 33%.
Repugs from 30% to 22%. Independents from 30% to 39%

Which party's' losses better explains the increasing number of independents?

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/images/pew-stats-blog.jpg

Lefty
05-05-2009, 09:48 PM
h'cap, I have been waiting for you to present the polls that said, in the first 100 days, Obama was less popular, than Carter, Clinton, and oh yeah, GW Bush, in the same time period. I've been waiting, waiting, waiting...

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2009, 02:23 AM
You better check your glasses. Over the last 6 years Dems have gone from 33% to 33%.
Repugs from 30% to 22%. Independents from 30% to 39%

Which party's' losses better explains the increasing number of independents?

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/images/pew-stats-blog.jpgSo in the last five months, as you've lost 6, Independents have gained 9, and Reps lost 4, this doesn't concern you?

Dems are supposed to be the big dogs right now...they're everywhere...EVERYONE loves a winner, right hcap? So why have you lost so much in the last few months?

That rapid decline in the last five months would scare the crap out of me considering all this "winning" Dems have been doing lately. You should be GAINING, or at least MAINTAINING given what happened in November, not LOSING 15%. Guess what...Republicans...the beaten down and dead party, lost the SAME 15% during the same period.

That's my point. It shouldn't be that way for Democrats. Something is definitely wrong somewhere and if I were a Dem and worried about such things as health of party, I'd be very concerned with the stats you are posting.

hcap
05-06-2009, 05:39 AM
The last 5 months is still worse for you. Percentage wise

Repugs 26/22 = lost 6
Dems 39/33 = lost 6

Percent
Repugs=23%
Dems=15%

More importantly long term trends favor the Dems.
You better check your glasses. Over the last 6 years Dems have gone from 33% to 33%. Repugs from 30% to 22%.

That's why you lost in 2006 and 2008.

newtothegame
05-06-2009, 05:59 AM
The last 5 months is still worse for you. Percentage wise

Repugs 26/22 = lost 6
Dems 39/33 = lost 6

Percent
Repugs=23%
Dems=15%

The math is amazing....even when a poor attempt to show how the dems are winning...hcap cant even post what his own graph says..
dems 39/33 a loss of 6 now follow above...
repugs 26/22 a loss of...6??? looks like 4 to me lol

hcap
05-06-2009, 06:14 AM
The math is amazing....even when a poor attempt to show how the dems are winning...hcap cant even post what his own graph says..
dems 39/33 a loss of 6 now follow above...
repugs 26/22 a loss of...6??? looks like 4 to me lolYou are right.

New numbers show a wash over the last 5 months.

Percent
Repugs=15%
Dems=15%

hcap
08-04-2009, 09:29 AM

Now the Gop is getting dumped way beyond previous dumping.
And boy is that being dumped big-time.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/most-important-number/the-most-important-number-in-p-24.html

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/Picture%201.jpg

That's the number of states that are either solidly or leaning Democratic in a series of Gallup tracking polls conducted over the first six months of 2009. Only eight states are solidly or leaning Republicans in that same data.

The numbers, which are based on party identification of adults in national tracking polls, paint a stark portrait of the challenge facing Republicans not just in the 2010 midterm election but also in the 2012 presidential race.

There are currently 29 states in which Democrats enjoy a 10-percentage point (or more) edge on party identification. Compare that to just four states where the Republican edge is ten points or higher (Utah, Wyoming, Idaho and Alaska) and one (Alabama) that leans toward the GOP.

Add up the 29 states that are in the solidly Democratic category, according to Gallup, and you get 350 electoral votes; add up the four states in the solidly Republican category and you get 15 electoral votes.

Tom
08-04-2009, 09:55 AM
And all that means nothing.
Fun with numbers is a nice pastime, though! :D

Valuist
08-04-2009, 04:53 PM
Obama Nation = Abomination

Boris
08-04-2009, 07:22 PM
Then what's up with the health care bill? Should be a slam dunk. Maybe it's this quote from your link:

To be sure, these numbers should not be read as a direct indicator of what the 2012 election landscape will look like as voters often identify with one party while voting for another. For example, four of the states that are identified as solidly Democratic (West Virginia, Kentucky, Arkansas and Missouri) went for John McCain in the 2008 presidential election.

Sounds like the author needed to write something to get his paycheck and came up with this shit.

rastajenk
08-04-2009, 09:27 PM
I don't care what source you care to quote, I know that Ohio is not "solidly Democratic." I don't think Indiana and Kentucky are either. So how many other states are improperly lablelled on that map?

PaceAdvantage
08-05-2009, 03:05 AM
This is all so much mental masturbation material for hcap and the left...

As long as Obama's numbers keep dropping (remember how much attention was paid to Bush's falling numbers by Hcap), that's all that matters...hcap already taught us the rules going forward...now he's trying to change the game by drawing maps....:lol:

hcap
08-05-2009, 06:10 AM
This is all so much mental masturbation material for hcap and the left...

As long as Obama's numbers keep dropping (remember how much attention was paid to Bush's falling numbers by Hcap), that's all that matters...hcap already taught us the rules going forward...now he's trying to change the game by drawing maps....:lol:
Versus the very excitable circle jerk here on off topic by the 24/7 Obama hating crowd

Indulto
08-05-2009, 06:55 AM
Versus the very excitable circle jerk here on off topic by the 24/7 Obama hating crowdIt's amazing how closed and closed-minded that circle is. Your efforts to counter the conclusions they come to through their exertions in tandem is always entertaining. ;)

Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner, but I thought of you when I read this three-panel cartoon today:

1.The guy says "Obama wasn't born in this country!"

2. The guy says "But I can't sit here and discuss this right now..."

3. The guy looks at his watch and says "The alien spacship will be beaming me up any minute."

Maybe cartoonist Mike Smith reads this board. :lol:

hcap
08-05-2009, 07:16 AM
It's amazing how closed and closed-minded that circle is.I haven't seen that particular cartoon, but this one came to mind.

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/i/r/2/obama-birth-conspiracy.jpg

PaceAdvantage
08-06-2009, 01:31 AM
It's amazing how closed and closed-minded that circle is.As opposed to the massive open-mindedness of the inhabitants of the Indulto/Hcap circle?

I laughed.

Warren Henry
08-06-2009, 01:58 AM
Versus the very excitable circle jerk here on off topic by the 24/7 Obama hating crowd
I don't hate Obama. I just hate his theories and plans. I am sure he is a wonderful fella to have a beer with, but he is a horrid person to have in ANY responsible position relative to the policies of this formerly great country.

PaceAdvantage
08-06-2009, 02:41 AM
I don't hate Obama...how could I? I still know next to nothing about the guy, and he's been President of the United States for almost seven months now!! :lol:

Hell, I just found out he still smokes...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom
08-06-2009, 07:34 AM
I hate him.
How could I not - he is trying to destroy our freedom.
FUBO