PDA

View Full Version : TVG makes good on refunded winning bets!

andymays
04-24-2009, 02:29 PM
Good for TVG and everyone that helped make it happen.

This is what HANA is all about. Horseplayers helping Horseplayers!

Guess What?

TVG credited his account. He just let me know.

Thanks for everyones support!

Starting Balance $258.52
4/24/2009 1:58 PM Account Adjustment (+) $1,257.60
Wagers $0.00
Wager Fees $0.00
Subscription Fees $0.00
Wager Payouts $0.00
Ending Balance $1,516.12

PREVIOUS PAGE | NEXT PAGE

andymays
04-24-2009, 02:51 PM
By the way the hero in all of this is Mike Marten of the CHRB. Yesterday he drove to TVG headquarters to help out.

I know we don't agree with everything the CHRB does but this guy has taken the heat from me for a long time and always steps up and always answers my tough questions.

Mike Marten from the CHRB is a stand up guy!

andymays
04-24-2009, 02:58 PM
Dan Liebman of the BloodHorse is another stand up guy. I just recieved this from him.

Give them credit for doing the right thing. We made a lot of calls on this. Story being posted shortly.

Andymays says "Good for BloodHorse"

andymays
04-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Ryan Conley just put up his article on BloodHorse.

Outstanding stuff!

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/50387/tvg-to-pay-bettors-nixed-by-signal-shut-off

Quagmire
04-24-2009, 03:12 PM
Great job!

rwwupl
04-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Andy,

This would not have happened with out your pushing the right buttons.

Great job. You demonstrated that things can be done for horseplayers.

Thanks again

rwwupl

rrbauer
04-24-2009, 03:34 PM
Squeaky wheel, baby. Squeaky wheel. Some well deserved grease for the folks willing to stand up for what's right. Good job!

andymays
04-24-2009, 04:31 PM
Between the BloodHorse Magazine calling them several times and Mike Marten from the CHRB paying them a visit yesterday I think TVG realized paying was the way to go.

In the end TVG did the right thing.

lamboguy
04-24-2009, 06:05 PM
they did the right thing by a mile!

DALLIEDOG
04-24-2009, 06:59 PM
Great news I am glad to hear it !

price
04-24-2009, 10:13 PM
Impressive.

turfnsport
04-24-2009, 11:12 PM
Great to see them payoff...A Betfair influence perhaps?

OverlayHunter
04-25-2009, 01:00 PM
To andymays -

I don't have a TVG account but your efforts on behalf of horse players in general are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

To TVG -
Thank you for taking the difficult, expensive, but correct steps to take care of your customers who were in no way responsible for the problem. I don't think I can get your service where I am but I would certainly give you strong consideration were it available.

This is a great step forward and a great example for other management groups who have horse players as customers to look to. Actually, it's a great example for any business person. I'd like to think others in the industry would look at this as a binding precedent but that, of course, is too much to hope for. But maybe, just maybe, some of the Grade I class shown by TVG in this case will rub off somewhere else in the industry.

Kudos all around.

andymays
04-25-2009, 01:04 PM
To andymays -

I don't have a TVG account but your efforts on behalf of horse players in general are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

To TVG -
Thank you for taking the difficult, expensive, but correct steps to take care of your customers who were in no way responsible for the problem. I don't think I can get your service where I am but I would certainly give you strong consideration were it available.

This is a great step forward and a great example for other management groups who have horse players as customers to look to. Actually, it's a great example for any business person. I'd like to think others in the industry would look at this as a binding precedent but that, of course, is too much to hope for. But maybe, just maybe, some of the Grade I class shown by TVG in this case will rub off somewhere else in the industry.

Kudos all around.

Thanks for the kind words. Mike Marten of the CHRB stepped up and went to TVG headquartes on Thursday and Dan Leibman and Ryan Conley of BloodHorse must have called them 20 plus times to get answers!

Update:

Just to let everyone know in case they looked at the bets I had copied and sent. TVG made an error in calculating my buddy’s winnings so he called and they added another $600 plus dollars to his account.

Thanks for everyone’s support,

Andy