PDA

View Full Version : Will someone give me 3 to 1 odds that

toussaud
04-22-2009, 11:09 PM
mine that bird finishes dead last?

philcski
04-23-2009, 12:02 AM
He should be even money.

The only way he doesn't finish last is one of the poly horses really struggles over the surface and basically gets pulled up. There doesn't appear to be any Keyed Entry-sacrificial lambs in this group.

menifee
05-02-2009, 07:56 PM
mine that bird finishes dead last?

I will give you those odds.

toussaud
05-02-2009, 08:00 PM
lmao lololol

i'm going to to the store to get my crow. i'll be back

menifee
05-02-2009, 08:05 PM
Sorry I could not resist. It was great that you stated that.

LemonSoupKid
05-02-2009, 09:57 PM
The post is unbelievable. But the resurrection of the post is hysterical!

toussaud
05-02-2009, 10:22 PM
lol, i'm still laughing, I can't believe he won.

philcski
05-02-2009, 10:57 PM
LOL. I am still stunned 4 hours later.

Canadian
05-02-2009, 11:09 PM
I watched the race with my wife........ when they were doing the walk over, they showed the trainer on connections and gave his little story on TV.... I laughed and told my wife that it's to bad..... the trainer could probably beat the horse, even on crutches......... the then I went on to tell her how I bet $100 to win on Dunkirk and how my horse cost 3.7 million................ aghhhh.... I suck.

Run Nicholas Run
05-02-2009, 11:11 PM
I watched the race with my wife........ when they were doing the walk over, they showed the trainer on connections and gave his little story on TV.... I laughed and told my wife that it's to bad..... the trainer could probably beat the horse, even on crutches......... the then I went on to tell her how I bet $100 to win on Dunkirk and how my horse cost 3.7 million................ aghhhh.... I suck.

get it back in the preakness, cap.

toussaud
05-02-2009, 11:13 PM
it was pretty surrell when he got through the crack and took off. it was ovbiously a longshot but i didn't know who (because durkin didn't see it) so I went though the long shots and then I saw the jockey pointing and hooping and I said "that has to be mine that bird". than I just busted out laughing.

Canadian
05-03-2009, 01:17 PM
Why was it this horse.... out of all the longshots..... did you choose to call him the worst of the worst?

JPinMaryland
05-03-2009, 02:40 PM
I agree w/ Canadian I would have chosen the Wayne Lukas entry breaking from extreme outside for the last spot..

toussaud
05-03-2009, 02:47 PM
So I could come back kand eat crow today.. duh.It only makes perfect sense that the horse I was looking hard to find a prop bet for the last place wins by 6 and 3/4ths in a romp

njcurveball
05-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Friesan Fire was only a length from finishing last and that is just another indication of how we expect certainty in a race filled with young horses who have never went the distance on todays track against a field larger than they will face the rest of their lives.

It would be curious how to handicap for last. Would you prefer an early speed horse who quits? Regal Ransom still beat half the field there. A plodder who makes no moves? Advice was still clear of over a handful at the finish.

If this bet were not tainted with the air of crookedness it would be a great addition to the Derby menu. It isn't easy predicting who will finish first, but it seems to be easier than predicting who will finish last.

I wonder what the odds would have been on Monba to finish last in 2008?

Great betting race every year! Much better than watching NW restricted claimers! :ThmbUp: