PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day

PrairieMeadows
04-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Hey all,

This Friday is opening day at Prairie Meadows. I read this forum fairly frequently and if you have any constructive feedback to offer on Prairie Meadows' simulcast signal, racing product, or otherwise I would encourage you to post to this thread or pm me.

This is our first year offering dime superfectas on all races with 7 or more betting interests.

We offer two .50 pick 4's. I think that this Friday's late pick 4 (Races 6-9) has value potential.

Live the dream.

JustRalph
04-22-2009, 09:08 PM
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Welcome!!

turfnsport
04-22-2009, 11:25 PM
Hey all,

This Friday is opening day at Prairie Meadows. I read this forum fairly frequently and if you have any constructive feedback to offer on Prairie Meadows' simulcast signal, racing product, or otherwise I would encourage you to post to this thread or pm me.

This is our first year offering dime superfectas on all races with 7 or more betting interests.

We offer two .50 pick 4's. I think that this Friday's late pick 4 (Races 6-9) has value potential.

Live the dream.

:ThmbUp:
Wow...a track asking its customers for constructive feedback, what a novel concept!

In honor of you starting this thread, I'm skipping happy hour and betting PrM Friday night.

NJ Stinks
04-23-2009, 02:42 AM
If you could somehow get into the eastern edition of the Daily Racing Form more often I would be happy to play those 50 cent Pick 4's, PrairieMeadows.

I must say I don't understand why more thoroughbred tracks that lack coverage in DRF nationally don't offer PP's for free at their website. If it doesn't attract enough wagers to cover the cost, at least you tried. No? :confused:

Easy Goer
04-23-2009, 03:05 AM
Thanks for the heads-up & the info re: Exotic Bets & action @ PrMeadows. I have always enjoyed the racing that you guys offer. It will be especially more fun now since you have the Dime Supers.

Donnie
04-23-2009, 12:55 PM
NJ---

If you could somehow get into the eastern edition of the Daily Racing Form more often I would be happy to play those 50 cent Pick 4's, PrairieMeadows.

You raise a real good point. Sometimes a person just assumes EVERYONE using electronic versions!

wisconsin
04-23-2009, 01:04 PM
Can you show the odds on the running numbers during your live race feed?

lamboguy
04-23-2009, 01:29 PM
Hey all,

Live the dream.

i am glad you guys are trying to promote your racing product, because its actually a pretty good one. its about time that someone like you does some work and tries to get people to get interested in your product.

philcski
04-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Can you show the odds on the running numbers during your live race feed?

I like PrM quite a bit otherwise.

Bettowin
04-23-2009, 02:49 PM

I like PrM quite a bit otherwise.

Why do you need to see the odds during the race? Do they do like Oaklawn and shut off the tote board when the gates open?

philcski
04-23-2009, 03:26 PM
Why do you need to see the odds during the race? Do they do like Oaklawn and shut off the tote board when the gates open?

Not sure, never been there for live racing, but on the simo they just show the numbers with no odds. Not a huge need but kind of helps when say you've got a couple in a pick 3 or something but can't remember which one had the higher odds at post.

Run Nicholas Run
04-23-2009, 05:37 PM
looked at the first two days entries and saw that
one of the better Yavapai downs riders is at Prairie
and that is Kristina Kenney, also say Kyle Kaenel has mounts.

Otis11
04-24-2009, 08:24 AM
Hey all,

This Friday is opening day at Prairie Meadows. I read this forum fairly frequently and if you have any constructive feedback to offer on Prairie Meadows' simulcast signal...
Thank you for making your signal available for free from your website.

sjk
04-24-2009, 09:24 AM
If there is anything you can do to get the money from outside locations to show up in the pools more quickly it will reduce the odds changes that take place at 0mtp and while the race is run.

I used to bet Prairie on a regular basis but the last couple of years I have made a bet early in the season and found that the odds changed so much while the race was run that I wrote it off for the rest of the year.

PrairieMeadows
04-24-2009, 09:28 AM
I am fairly sure that that odds of the horses do come up on the running numbers, even on the web feed.

I will find out tonight if I am wrong. I can tell you that our graphics are designed to be clearly visible on even the oldest and smallest tv's. We do this because not every simulcast outlet has the latest and greatest, and we are trying to make the best looking graphics available to as many people as possible.

This winter we looked at making changes to the graphics. Adding jockey names to the running numbers, probable payouts, etc. The biggest change that we made is that during the replay of the race, the head-on and the regular view of the race play simultaneously. While this makes the view of the race a bit smaller, I think seeing both at the same time can show a lot more to trip handicappers, and it frees up more time to show probables, especially on route races.

Additionally we have the base wager amount show on all the probable payout screens. This suggestion came from a patron, and this winter we made the changes.

PrairieMeadows
04-24-2009, 10:01 AM
I am working on making free PP's available. I will keep you updated.

Otis11
04-24-2009, 11:53 AM
HOLY FREAKING COW!!!!!! This would be awesome!!! First you have free video and now you're going to offer free PP's. This is EXACTLY the thing you do to get more players.

PrairieMeadows
04-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Again, Otis, I am working on it, this does not guarantee it will happen. There are a few hurdles to overcome, and after talking with someone regarding the first hurdle, it could be awhile. I will keep you updated.

Live the dream.

Donnie
04-24-2009, 01:20 PM
All-
This poster, PrairieMeadows, is an upstanding guy, if you haven't figured this out yet. I know him personally, and I would liken this situation to one we had with Ian at PTC = A player who is now working from the inside trying to bring about some change that would benefit the horseplayer. I would suggest you give him any and all suggestions you have towards their product. Although, obviously, not all changes can be made instantly, you have a concerned individual who is LISTENING, and that, I believe, we can all agree is a huge first step for many tracks to take. Praire Meadows track has installed wifi for the players, and they have handheld betting machines a person can check out from the Racing Center so a person doesn't have to fight the window crowds (bet from your seat).

Maybe someday in the future they will deserve to be on the receiving end of one of our HANA Track Attacks...?

PrairieMeadows = we'll see you tonight! Time to go study tonights races!!

dutchboy
04-24-2009, 07:47 PM
Several years ago if you were from out of state and let the people at Prairie Meadows know it they would give you a free racing form and program. Also they had an arrangement with two of the motels next to the track for reduced room rates for out of state visitors. All it took was a phone call to guest services at PRM and they made the room reservations and the form and program were waiting with your name on them.

I attended one weekend and left my laptop on the front seat of my car and forgot to lock the car doors. When I left for the day the laptop was still there.

PrairieMeadows
04-24-2009, 08:15 PM
Donnie gave us an idea.

There is a prairie meadows racing twitter user name is: Prairie_Meadows

RichieP
04-24-2009, 08:25 PM
After reading comments by Donnie (whom I respect greatly) and Dutchboy about the Prm experience I have to check this joint out now man.

I have never really looked at the races from a capping standpoint but will starting tonight!

Thanks guys and thank you "Prairie Meadows" for coming on board here

:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Donnie
04-24-2009, 11:15 PM
Richie--
Hope you played tonight! You got ALL my money if you did! I dropped a load on the late Pick 4 and couldn't touch any of the winners! If you're ever in the neighborhood for real, let me know in advance!
BOL hammering at The Meadows!

PrairieMeadows
04-25-2009, 10:05 AM
Just wanted to thank everyone that bet or watched prairie meadows last night. Again your feedback is welcomed and we hope to see you tonight.

NJ Stinks
04-25-2009, 02:05 PM

Live the dream indeed! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

dutchboy
04-25-2009, 04:09 PM
DRF shows total handle for Friday's card to be 121,947 at Prairie Meadows.

Not good

NJ Stinks
04-25-2009, 04:26 PM
DRF shows total handle for Friday's card to be 121,947 at Prairie Meadows.

Not good

That's on-track, Dutchboy. Off-track handle, according to Equibase, was $393,610.

PrairieMeadows
04-27-2009, 12:31 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any feedback in regards to our split screen race replays. We show the headon and the pan simultaneously in a split screen. We do this to make more time to show the selection show and the will pays, especially on Route Races. Often times if there is an inquiry, objection, or lengthy photo, we end up just showing the pan, and sometimes just from the top of the lane.

Is the extra time for will pays desired?
Would you rather have the split-screen or the potential for a pan-only replay from the top of the lane?
Is the head-on too small to be of any use?
Do you use replays in your handicapping?

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

schweitz
04-27-2009, 12:40 PM
PRM---could you give the rules for the pick-4 carryovers? Thanks

philcski
04-27-2009, 12:57 PM
PRM---could you give the rules for the pick-4 carryovers? Thanks

Am I missing something here? 4.60, 7.20, 4.80, and 5.20 was a 3 of 4 pay for $395?? That can't be right, can it?

schweitz
04-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Am I missing something here? 4.60, 7.20, 4.80, and 5.20 was a 3 of 4 pay for $395?? That can't be right, can it?

It was 4 of 4 for a .50 payoff of $98.75.

PrairieMeadows
04-27-2009, 02:22 PM
The net pick 4 pool and carryover, if any, shall be distributed as a single-price pool to those who selected the first-place finisher in each of the pick 4 contests, based upon the official order of finish. If there are no such wagers, then a designated percentage (25%) of the net pool shall be distributed as a single-price pool of those who selected the first-place finisher in the greatest number of pick 4 contests; and the remainder shall be added to the carryover.

Late scratches get the post time favorite.

The payout was for 4 of 4 and the amount was correct.

philcski
04-27-2009, 08:13 PM
It was 4 of 4 for a .50 payoff of $98.75.

Cool, thx... that makes a lot more sense. DRF is wrong.

http://www.drf.com/static/results/25/rPRM25.html?rn=158660