PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood not available on TVG?

rrbauer
04-22-2009, 05:56 PM
I really thought that we had gotten past this. I guess not.

Their web site says, "No", and there is a streamer on their telecast saying the same thing.

cj
04-22-2009, 06:08 PM
This is a new one, it used to be just the Magna Santa Anita (winter) meet that wasn't shown. I don't ever remember Hollywood ever being blocked. That said, who would want to bet that crap card they have today anyway?

gemcity39
04-22-2009, 06:26 PM
What's the issue this time? they had months to prepare and have any stumbling blocks worked out...this is getting real old with TVG and their track not available stuff, New York, Hollywood, and not to mention they lost Oaklawn, Lone Star, and many others over the years.:confused:

Burls
04-22-2009, 08:09 PM
PTC has Hollywood up and running.
But I didn't bother to bet today.
All of the weekday cards, including Friday's, have pretty thin fields.

turfnsport
04-22-2009, 10:04 PM
What a surprise.

TVG, Hollywood in Broadcast Fee Dispute
By Jack Shinar

Advance deposit wagering provider TVG did not accept bets on Hollywood Park races April 22 as the Inglewood track opened its 65-day spring/summer meet.

The racing network broadcast the races live from Hollywood while making periodic apologies for being unable to accept wagers on the track's eight-race program.

"A difference of opinion exists as to the TV fee that should be charged by TVG for races it televises at Hollywood Park," said Jack Liebau, president of Hollywood Park, in an e-mail statement. "I believe that this is the only remaining difference between the parties, and I am hopeful it will be resolved shortly."

rest of story:
TVG, Hollywood in Broadcast Fee Dispute | BloodHorse.com News (http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/50353/tvg-hollywood-in-broadcast-fee-dispute?id=50353&source=rss)

Imriledup
04-22-2009, 10:53 PM
What a disgrace, more sand kicked in the face of the players.

price
04-24-2009, 12:32 PM
What a disgrace, more sand kicked in the face of the players.

And they will come crawling back for more. Why anyone would bet with TVG puzzles me.