PDA

View Full Version : DHS Meathead Contradicts Herself on Legality of Unlawful Immigration

boxcar
04-22-2009, 04:44 PM
But what would we expect from this airhead? Certainly nothing better. :rolleyes:

First, she says "Illegal immigration is not a crime." Really? If it's not a crime, why call it "illegal"? How can something at once be "illegal" and yet LEGAL, i.e. "not a crime"? :bang: :bang:

But she wasn't quite finished in stepping in it it, yet. She was intent on proving that the only thing she had going on between her ears was a vacuum. She went on to say,“What we have to do is target the real evil-doers in this business, the employers who consistently hire illegal labor, the human traffickers who are exploiting human misery."

How can there be any such thing as "illegal labor" if illegal immigration isn't a crime!? :bang: :bang:

But...this deadhead, who has fewer smarts than a rusty nail, was still intent in showing the world how "smart" she was when she went on to add, “And yes, when we find illegal workers, yes, appropriate action, some of which is criminal, most of that is civil, because crossing the border is not a crime per se. It is civil. But anyway, going after those as well.”

Again, how can this be, logically? There cannot be any such thing as "illegal workers" if crossing the border anywhere, at any time, thereby avoiding the lawful immigration process isn't a crime.

Here's the full story.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/napolitano_illegals_crime/2009/04/22/205948.html?s=al&promo_code=7E6E-1

Now, before you dunderheads on the left let your mouths get ahead of your brains and write to tell me that what she really meant to say is that the current laws on the books are "unenforceable", I would say that while she certainly believes this, she should have expressed her viewpoint in a way that would have been consistent with the fact that federal laws exist making it illegal to cross our borders in a manner that avoids the lawful immigration process. She should have acknowledged these existing laws and acknowledged the fact that people who break them are breaking the law and, therefore, are here illegally. And since they're here unlawfully, they are indeed illegal immigrants! Then she could have gone on to say that those laws need to be abolished or revised by congress for this reason, that reason -- whatever. But instead she found it a lot more fun to trip over herself multiple times in contradictions!

Truly, truly, the apple doth not fall far from the tree, does it? All we have to do is look at who appointed this meathead. :bang: :bang:

Boxcar

Bubba X
04-22-2009, 04:52 PM
But what would we expect from this airhead? Certainly nothing better. :rolleyes:

First, she says "Illegal immigration is not a crime." Really? If it's not a crime, why call it "illegal"? How can something at once be "illegal" and yet LEGAL, i.e. "not a crime"? :bang: :bang:

But she wasn't quite finished in stepping in it it, yet. She was intent on proving that the only thing she had going on between her ears was a vacuum. She went on to say,“What we have to do is target the real evil-doers in this business, the employers who consistently hire illegal labor, the human traffickers who are exploiting human misery."

How can there be any such thing as "illegal labor" if illegal immigration isn't a crime!? :bang: :bang:

But...this deadhead, who has fewer smarts than a rusty nail, was still intent in showing the world how "smart" she was when she went on to add, “And yes, when we find illegal workers, yes, appropriate action, some of which is criminal, most of that is civil, because crossing the border is not a crime per se. It is civil. But anyway, going after those as well.”

Again, how can this be, logically? There cannot be any such thing as "illegal workers" if crossing the border anywhere, at any time, thereby avoiding the lawful immigration process isn't a crime.

Here's the full story.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/napolitano_illegals_crime/2009/04/22/205948.html?s=al&promo_code=7E6E-1

Now, before you dunderheads on the left let your mouths get ahead of your brains and write to tell me that what she really meant to say is that the current laws on the books are "unenforceable", I would say that while she certainly believes this, she should have expressed her viewpoint in a way that would have been consistent with the fact that federal laws exist making it illegal to cross our borders in a manner that avoids the lawful immigration process. She should have acknowledged these existing laws and acknowledged the fact that people who break them are breaking the law and, therefore, are here illegally. And since they're here unlawfully, they are indeed illegal immigrants! Then she could have gone on to say that those laws need to be abolished or revised by congress for this reason, that reason -- whatever. But instead she found it a lot more fun to trip over herself multiple times in contradictions!

Truly, truly, the apple doth not fall far from the tree, does it? All we have to do is look at who appointed this meathead. :bang: :bang:

Boxcar
I saw her on one of the shows Sunday. She's an idiot. You have my ok to take her out in any way you deem appropriate.

BlueShoe
04-22-2009, 11:23 PM
We sent the wrong person from Arizona to be head of the DHS.We should have sent Joe Arpaio,what a marvelous job he would do.The Sheriff of Maricopa County has enforced the law,so for this,the Libs are after him.Very logical;get and keep the illegals here,legalize them,they vote 90% Democratic,and you stay in office forever.Not very subtle.

prospector
04-23-2009, 09:08 AM
We sent the wrong person from Arizona to be head of the DHS.We should have sent Joe Arpaio,what a marvelous job he would do.The Sheriff of Maricopa County has enforced the law,so for this,the Libs are after him.Very logical;get and keep the illegals here,legalize them,they vote 90% Democratic,and you stay in office forever.Not very subtle.
can't send sheriff Joe...an honest man in washington? never happen..

slewis
04-23-2009, 10:38 AM

Here's the full story.

Boxcar

Boxcar,

This is one issue we are in complete agreement with.

What I cant figure out is why EVERY SINGLE POLITICIAN who supports a crackdown on illegal immigration, gets defeated. The last administration (even Karl Rove said, "we need these people here") and the Republican nominee, McCain, were FOR a LIBERAL amnesty program.
With the changing and more liberal views of the next generation of America (those 25 yrs and under) I'll bet there will be not only complete amnesty, but a very, very limited restriction on anyone who wants to come here and stay here, legal or not. This will keep us right on the spirialing path we are in......
Skyrocketing medical costs, illegal, off the books workers taking jobs while using society's services (like schools for their kids) without any significant tax contribution to the system.:bang:

boxcar
04-23-2009, 10:52 AM
Boxcar,

This is one issue we are in complete agreement with.

What I cant figure out is why EVERY SINGLE POLITICIAN who supports a crackdown on illegal immigration, gets defeated. The last administration (even Karl Rove said, "we need these people here") and the Republican nominee, McCain, were FOR a LIBERAL amnesty program.
With the changing and more liberal views of the next generation of America (those 25 yrs and under) I'll bet there will be not only complete amnesty, but a very, very limited restriction on anyone who wants to come here and stay here, legal or not. This will keep us right on the spirialing path we are in......
Skyrocketing medical costs, illegal, off the books workers taking jobs while using society's services (like schools for their kids) without any significant tax contribution to the system.:bang:

Sounds like you could have written the statists' playbook. :) This is exactly their plan -- very much on the order of "keep 'em barefoot and pregnant" because it's in this similar fashion (with illegal immigration) the state gets to build its welfare rolls in this country.

Boxcar

Tom
04-23-2009, 11:50 AM
With unemployment heading to 10% or higher, it is time to start seriously looking a deportation of 22 million or so.

PaceAdvantage
04-23-2009, 07:08 PM
The most puzzling fact about various Republican support for this amnesty stuff is that it will only end up creating MORE votes for Democrats!

I think Republicans get behind this because they fear if they don't, it will cost them many, many votes in the Hispanic/Latino community. But, approving such measures will only fuel what they fear most!

A whole new population of freshly minted Democrats! :lol:

Democrats are indeed sitting in the cat bird seat when it comes to politics in the United States. Bravo to them for crafting such an ingenious game plan.

boxcar
04-23-2009, 07:40 PM
The most puzzling fact about various Republican support for this amnesty stuff is that it will only end up creating MORE votes for Democrats!

I think Republicans get behind this because they fear if they don't, it will cost them many, many votes in the Hispanic/Latino community. But, approving such measures will only fuel what they fear most!

A whole new population of freshly minted Democrats! :lol:

Democrats are indeed sitting in the cat bird seat when it comes to politics in the United States. Bravo to them for crafting such an ingenious game plan.

A great example, PA, of why the Repugs are considered the Party of Stupid by so many conservatives. The RINOS continually sign on to Dem policies thinking that they'll gain votes for the party, when the opposite is true.

Boxcar

kenwoodallpromos
04-23-2009, 07:58 PM
"appropriate action, some of which is criminal, :confused:
The full quote here “And yes, when we find illegal workers, yes, appropriate action, some of which is criminal, most of that is civil, because crossing the border is not a crime per se." (I'm still looking for a verb in that sentence!)

ElKabong
04-23-2009, 09:37 PM
Separated at birth, or identical twins. Mike Watchmaker and Janet Napolitano.