PDA

View Full Version : An Ed Bain Special!New PP"S!!!!

Maxspa
04-22-2009, 09:47 AM
All,
There are new past performance available from www.edbain.com. They are different from PP's you may be used to but they have some interesting aspects that you may not be able to find anywhere else either. Four race form cycles are an example of one of his new innovative approaches. There are other differences too with claimed horses and of course his trainer information that is Ed Bain's claim to fame! In order to see the total package, I suggest you go to his website and see first hand the total package!
Best of all he has a free week special starting today-no strings attached!
Maxspa

Maxspa
04-22-2009, 10:53 PM
All,
Tom Amello and Nick Kling are co hosts of Trackfacts live on www.capitalotb.com.This past Sunday Ed Bain was a guest on the
program. Tom+Nick posed questions about the new PP's! They discussed the four race cycles, repeaters etc. For those of you who are interested in
the dialogue, Capital OTB replays the program. The Thursday+Friday (April 23+24th schedule) is as follows: 4:15 am, 4:45pm, and 9:30pm.
On the left hand side of the OTB screen you will see live streaming. Click that area at the appropriate time and the replay of Sunday's program will begin.
Maxspa

Maxspa
04-27-2009, 09:49 PM
All,
As a handicapper, one needs to be open to new ideas and Ed Bain's PP's are definitely a fresh new way for handicapping the races. Being one of Ed Bain's former subscribers, I can recall waiting for "4+30" opportunities and the
frustration involved. When a "4+30" betting proposition did occur, many times the horse would be odds on. The result would be the beginning of a new waiting game before another "4+30" bettable situation would surface! Now the
"4+30" plays can be included in the PP's but there is opportunity for many other possibilities with or without the spot plays.
Will this new program be difficult to learn? Ken Kling's response on "Trackfacts" and I paraphrase his reply," People can learn quickly how to use this information." In a very clever way, Ed Bain has taken the people handicapping approach to a whole new level. One can use jockey, trainer + owner statistics using various win percentage combinations in their handicapping process. These professionals determine the course of action that a horse needs to become proficient in thoroughbred racing. So, why not use them in a significant handicapping role to find a winner! Integrated within the PP's, you will find pertinent four race-trainer form cycles to show the trainer's "modus-operandi". In addition, a unique use of par times can give you figure handicappers an added weapon in your handicapping arsenal.

Maxspa
04-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Although each handicapper will use the PP's differently, the following steps might be beneficial to cappers who want to familiarize themselves with this program.
1. Go to www.edbain.com and obtain your free PP's for one week.
2. Print out the sample past performance guide that will identify what
each section of the PP's represents.
Plus the various subject headings can be used for reference purposes.
3. The PP's use colors to identify important handicapping situations-GREAT
IDEA! You may need to print the color instructions for use with your
printer.
4. Just a suggestion, but print the PP's for a day or two to get used to the
terminology and new format. Then check the results to see what factors
seem to be most helpful.
5. I used the printed PP's along with YouBet to watch the races and get
a feel for the information given.
6. Start selecting the contenders and evaluate what information you deem
to be most important.
7. If you are patient and have established what the PP's can do for you,
then perhaps you can start to wager using small amounts.
I can summarize my experience with Ed Bain's PP's as a very positive one.
One of the most important aspects of their use is to remember that you are using a program that you've never used before. Be PATIENT and POSITIVE
to give the new PP's a reasonable chance to help you become a successful
handicapper. It was an unusual feeling to rely on the "Human Data" when handicapping races. A short learning curve will be required but with an open mind you will quickly adapt to their uniqueness. In my humble opinion, this creative work is by far Ed Bain's most innovative handicapping contribution.
Maxspa
P.S. As always my reviews are written to familiarize handicappers with new
programs and handicapping ideas!

takeout
04-28-2009, 01:59 PM
So there is life after Equibase?

Maxspa
04-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Takeout,
Thanks for the response! It may have been a blessing in disguise for Ed Bain! I don't know him personally but I guess he went through some difficult times with the data people.
Max

takeout
04-28-2009, 02:58 PM
I wish the saga was still on the site. Not sure if it’s still ongoing or not. It would be interesting to see what if anything has transpired since then. I did notice an article entitled “Monopoly” listed in the Jan ’09 newsletter. Wonder if it’s about that? Probably is.