PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready for Hollywood?

CBedo
04-22-2009, 12:38 AM
I actually have enjoyed (and profited from) Hol in the past, so I was excited for the current meet to start after a poor SA meet, but have you looked at the opening day races? YUCK! Only three races have fields bigger than six, and we get two five horse fields.

Bettowin
04-22-2009, 01:10 AM
Hopefully you aren't a trifecta and super bettor:)

fmolf
04-22-2009, 03:46 AM
do not be offended but i have stopped playing california tracks all together since they installed synthetics at all their tracks....they ruined california racing as far as i am concerned!... i wonder who got all the kickback monies?

CBedo
04-22-2009, 01:16 PM
With these types of races, I won't be looking at So Cal for long!

andymays
04-22-2009, 01:21 PM
It's pretty much over out here. In my opinion all the "morally and intellectually superior" Racing Executives out here got what they worked so hard for. Shoving it down people's throats because they knew better.

Oh Really!

Imriledup
04-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Lets do it! Great card today, huge fields of quality races. I feel the betting pools will be massive and its all due to the synthetic tracks in california. Handicappers are falling all over each other to get into these synthetic track buildings to invest their money.

Great job California, you did so well at making sure that the synthetic tracks insured horse safety.....now, we have so many horses wanting to race, we can't get them all in the entry boxes.

kitts
04-22-2009, 01:45 PM
The fields are short because horsemen won't bring their horses to town. If they could make mucho purse money out here, they would be singing the praises of synthetics with no increased knowledge and study about them

Mullins did not ship a stable to Sunland because of field sizes or sythetics- he did it to make money where the purses are good and the competition isn't

andymays
04-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Lets do it! Great card today, huge fields of quality races. I feel the betting pools will be massive and its all due to the synthetic tracks in california. Handicappers are falling all over each other to get into these synthetic track buildings to invest their money.

Great job California, you did so well at making sure that the synthetic tracks insured horse safety.....now, we have so many horses wanting to race, we can't get them all in the entry boxes.

Amen!

DALLIEDOG
04-22-2009, 01:50 PM
And don't forget Hollywood Park is the home of the late scratch so fields will be smaller.

DALLIEDOG
04-22-2009, 01:52 PM
So far 6 late scratches ----unbelievable

andymays
04-22-2009, 01:56 PM
Just got the scratches at Hollywood. Started with 53 to race and after early scratches we have 46. In my opinion now the game begins of entering Horses to fill races and then scratch them for another day.

Might as well go to 7 race weekday cards and Thursday through Sunday racing!

toussaud
04-22-2009, 02:02 PM
are you ready for short skirts, short fields and even shorter prices?

DALLIEDOG
04-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Just got the scratches at Hollywood. Started with 53 to race and after early scratches we have 46. In my opinion now the game begins of entering Horses to fill races and then scratch them for another day.

Or like me don't play !

Imriledup
04-22-2009, 02:16 PM
are you ready for short skirts, short fields and even shorter prices?

Short skirts on friday nights!

toussaud
04-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Short skirts on friday nights!

friday night racing is the only redeaming thing about hollywood park. they could do worse than just race on friday nights.

netbet
04-22-2009, 03:47 PM
Hi all,

I was all set to start posting to my blog again with the beginning of the Hollywood meet....then I looked at the entries and saw 2 fields of 5 and 3 with 6. Forget it!

Waiting for Churchill.

fmolf
04-22-2009, 05:13 PM

they have to do something!

cj's dad
04-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Are you ready for Hollywood?

The big question is are they ready for us ?!? :D:bang::lol:

dav4463
04-22-2009, 05:19 PM
I will take Will Rogers Downs over Hollywood Park any day!

MarquisMark
04-23-2009, 09:01 AM
If it's gonna be a bunch of 5 and 6 horse fields again, I think I'm going to sit this meet out. I'll save my bankroll for Del Mar.

fmolf
04-23-2009, 09:28 AM
I will take Will Rogers Downs over Hollywood Park any day!
nothing wrong with full fields competitive racing and woman in jeans ,denim shirts and cowboy boots...yahoo...way to go california... hope the chrb members invested their kickback money wisely!..they all may be looking for work soon!...purses cannot get larger unless they get the bettors interested in their races.....i am done with them!

rwwupl
04-23-2009, 10:32 AM
If it's gonna be a bunch of 5 and 6 horse fields again, I think I'm going to sit this meet out. I'll save my bankroll for Del Mar.

Me Too.

So far Hollywood is an insult to former proud California racing :blush:

Indulto
04-23-2009, 12:33 PM
Me Too.

So far Hollywood is an insult to former proud California racing :blush:How can you be certain weekdays at DMR will be a lot better given the recognized horse shortage?

98 horses are entered in 10 stakes for CA-breds on Saturday at HOL. Great day for simulcasting with the SF Mile at GG, Texas Mile at LS, Withers at AQU, Derby Trial at CD, and Miami Mile at CRC. May be last chance before a takeout increase that could spread to DMR as well.

Imriledup
04-23-2009, 02:01 PM
How can you be certain weekdays at DMR will be a lot better given the recognized horse shortage?

98 horses are entered in 10 stakes for CA-breds on Saturday at HOL. Great day for simulcasting with the SF Mile at GG, Texas Mile at LS, Withers at AQU, Derby Trial at CD, and Miami Mile at CRC. May be last chance before a takeout increase that could spread to DMR as well.

Is this takeout increase going to be enacted asap?