PDA

View Full Version : The M. L. King family - a class act

cj's dad
04-21-2009, 08:37 AM
King Kids Demand $800,000 from Memorial Fund
By BET.com News Staff
(http://www.bet.com/News/NewsArticleKingKidsDemand800000fromMemorialFund.ht m#)

Martin Luther King Jr.’s children have charged the foundation that’s building a national memorial more than $800,000 for use of words and images of the slain civil rights leader.

http://www.bet.com/Assets/BET/Published/image/jpeg/9f8b2e19-adcc-b8b1-6477-30b8027d3508-news_bb_KingChildren.jpg
Martin Luther King's children: (l-r) Bernice King, Dexter King and Martin Luther King III

This group is sure a class act !

The Judge
04-21-2009, 09:39 AM
aren't you part of the group that praised CEO's and felt they were entitled to make as much money as they possibly could. Some were paid as much $300,000,000 for one years work even though the shareholders took a bath, weren't you part of that group.

Now you want to pretend that the 3 King childern are being greedy. You think we are all stupid and can't see what your real concern is. You have a problem and its not the KING children. What happened to free enterprise and the captialist way? How soon we forget.

If the memorial doesn't want to put up the money then don't use the image. If they are representing the entire Estate of Martin Luther King they have a fiduciary duty to everyone thats a beneficiary which could be alot more then the 3 childern. If they give away anything of value the estate can look to them personally to pay it back.

In every major city there are MLK Streets, Freeways, Blvd., Schools, Hospitals and all sorts of public buildings and gatering places. Yet we are suppose to believe his children are greedy.

Heres an idea Paul Newman just died I think I'll open a monument to him in my back yard. I'll put up a statute, some film clips, a few rides, and charge $20 to get in. How long do you think it would be before DEWEY,CHEATEM and HOWE Attorney at Law show up to put a stop to this little tribute to Paul.

cj's dad
04-21-2009, 10:14 AM
aren't you part of the group that praised CEO's and felt they were entitled to make as much money as they possibly could. Some were paid as much $300,000,000 for one years work even though the shareholders took a bath, weren't you part of that group.

Now you want to pretend that the 3 King childern are being greedy. You think we are all stupid and can't see what your real concern is. You have a problem and its not the KING children. What happened to free enterprise and the captialist way? How soon we forget.

If the memorial doesn't want to put up the money then don't use the image. If they are representing the entire Estate of Martin Luther King they have a fiduciary duty to everyone thats a beneficiary which could be alot more then the 3 childern. If they give away anything of value the estate can look to them personally to pay it back.

In every major city there are MLK Streets, Freeways, Blvd., Schools, Hospitals and all sorts of public buildings and gatering places. Yet we are suppose to believe his children are greedy.

Heres an idea Paul Newman just died I think I'll open a monument to him in my back yard. I'll put up a statute, some film clips, a few rides, and charge $20 to get in. How long do you think it would be before DEWEY,CHEATEM and HOWE Attorney at Law show up to put a stop to this little tribute to Paul.

Hold the line at $10 and I'll pay; especially if you show the "Hustler".

The Judge
04-21-2009, 10:23 AM
but no ride ticket and when the lawyers show up you haven't seen me.

Tom
04-21-2009, 11:00 AM
Will you be selling Paul Newman popcorn?

The Judge
04-21-2009, 02:46 PM
we will be selling everything Paul Newman until we are closed down (which I figure just about 15 minutes after opening. )

BUY SEASON PASSES/ BRING A FRIEND
(no refunds)

cj's dad
04-21-2009, 03:03 PM
Now that I have actually read your post I find it offensive and you know why. Please see the my comments interspersed within your reply.

aren't you part of the group that praised CEO's and felt they were entitled to make as much money as they possibly could NO. Some were paid as much $300,000,000 for one years work even though the shareholders took a bath, weren't you part of that group.NO

Now you want to pretend that the 3 King childern are being greedy They are. You think we are all stupid and can't see what your real concern is. And what would that be ??You have a problem which is?? and its not the KING children. What happened to free enterprise and the captialist way? This is low life, pure and simple How soon we forget. I don't like scam artists.

It's a memorial, do you get that? If they are charging fees to visit then give them a cut if they need it. Why don't the gov charge for visiting the Jefferson memorial and we can pass on the earnings to Jeffersons descendents?

In every major city there are MLK Streets, Freeways, Blvd., Schools, Hospitals and all sorts of public buildings and gatering places. Yet we are suppose to believe his children are greedy. His children are profiting from his death and you don't find that offensive?

Heres an idea Paul Newman just died I think I'll open a monument to him in my back yard. I'll put up a statute, some film clips, a few rides, and charge $20 to get in. How long do you think it would be before DEWEY,CHEATEM and HOWE Attorney at Law show up to put a stop to this little tribute to Paul.Only if they were hired by the Newman survivors.

The Judge
04-21-2009, 03:29 PM
that the MLK children are doing thats got you so pushed out of shape were you planning on attending the memorial? Since when does needing money have anything to do with making money you can always use more?

Its a memorial well so will the Paul Newman Park. Memorial is just a name.
They aren't scam artist they have a vauable name MLK and being upright captialist they want cetain people and organizations to pay to use it. Some pay some don't.

The use of the name in public buildings and streets aren't charged. If they were so bad charge everybody. Maybe this memorial will return a profit and private. Maybe non of the MLK childern are on the board of directors. I don't know I have already spent more time on this then it warrants.

JustRalph
04-21-2009, 04:40 PM
They are beneath the dignity of their father, and have proved it before. They are filing lawsuits against each other over the royalties from their father's speeches and more......... sad

PaceAdvantage
04-21-2009, 07:47 PM
You think we are all stupid and can't see what your real concern is. You have a problem and its not the KING children.Why be such a chicken shit?