PDA

View Full Version : New HSH Class Series

Dave Schwartz
04-20-2009, 08:32 PM
On Tuesday, April 28th, we will begin a 5-class series on using HSH. It starts with an assessment of each user's level on the first night and progresses through developing a static handicapping process.

The classes will continue each Tuesday evening for five weeks.

For several years people on the east coast have asked that we start earlier (6pm) while the people on the west coast have asked for us to begin later (6:30).

I have created a compromise of sorts.

While we will still begin at 6:30 (pacific) so that the west coasters can get home, we will now end at 8pm (instead of 8:30) so that the east coasters can get to bed by 11.

In other words, the classes will be a little shorter! 90 minutes.

http://www.practicalhandicapping.com/desktop/hsuniv/index.htm

While this class is aimed at HSH users, all are welcome.

Maxspa
05-06-2009, 10:44 AM
All,
I've been reading threads on what direction one should pursue when seeking a handicapping program. The time you spend looking for and carefully examining software is most important step in your quest. You have to examine what the program has to offer, the price of the software and downloads needed to make it functional.
Some of the ways you can examine programs is to download software from Bris,DRF,HTR etc. or purchase one on a trial basis. HSH has a webinar program that you ought to investigate. First of all it is free! Secondly it is thorough: Including 5 presentations each approximately one and one half hours explaining the nuances of the program.
Last night I watched the second Webinar in the series of 5. It was well organized, informative, and meaningful. IMHO, an excellent starting point for a person searching for software. In addition these programs can be watched on video a day or two after the presentation.
This is not the only option a new handicapper has but I believe it is one
that might be beneficial for you to explore!
Maxspa

Dave Schwartz
05-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Max,

Thank you for your kindness.

For those who may be interested, here is a link to our video archive:
http://www.practicalhandicapping.com/desktop/VideoArchive/index.htm

These videos are self-contained programs (i.e. applications) that you simply "open" to view. They do not need Media Player or anything else and will not play on a DVD player.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

PS: DId you know that you can "try" HSH through our Rental program? $149 gets you started and $50 per month keeps you going. There is also a rent-to-own program. Choose your monthly payment from $60 to $300.

To find out more, just click the link below and scroll down to "HorseStreet Rental"
http://horsestreet.com/products/index.html#Software

Maxspa
05-22-2009, 10:07 AM
All,
After watching the HSH Advanced Webinar, I'm convinced that Dave Schwartz has the program, positive incites and work ethic to help you become a serious, financially successful handicapper and horseplayer.
Some necessary tools: A huge database, programs to decifer and utilize the data properly, plus tons of ingenuity and patience are required. In last night's Webinar program, Dave showed his prowess in using those tools and particularly the time and patience needed to manage the data. Finding the factors that work is one positive step but finding factors that can successfully work together is not only time consuming but sometimes defies logic. When you find correlations that are successful, you establish a benchmark and the process continues until you exceed that standard. Last night's program worked with four successful factors, which was exciting until Dave mentioned that the "WHALES" have 40-80 factors that they have established in their programs.
This program is not meant for the once a week handicapper who spends twenty minutes handicapping the daily races at their favorite track. However, with Dave's incites,the proper use of HSH software to help you get the information you need and some free time on a weekly basis- one could satisfy
that inner drive to become a successful handicapper.
Maxspa

P.S. This is strictly my opinion and is not meant to encourage nor discourage
P.A. members to become involved with the HSH program.

Dave Schwartz
05-24-2009, 10:56 PM
(Believe me, if I could get him on a salary, I would.)

Thanks, Max.