PDA

View Full Version : Wagering Books

sq764
04-23-2003, 08:56 PM
Anyone have a list of the best wagering or wager structuring books?

I have become the good handicapper/poor wagerer guy of late and I need to shake it..

Tom
04-23-2003, 09:56 PM
Don't have the name handy, but the book is by Tom Walters, available through Gambler's Book Club last I knew.
Tom posts here from time to time, maybe he will post the title.

sq764
04-23-2003, 10:30 PM
Exotic Wagering Formulas

Now I just need to know whether its worth it to buy..

anotherdave
04-23-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by sq764
Exotic Wagering Formulas

Now I just need to know whether its worth it to buy..

Depends on what you want. It has a bunch of AB/AB/ABCD kind of wagers for exotics. As far as money management not that much that I remember. Just how to structure exotic wagers. Not really for me, but an ok read, I guess.

I have been through the same situation as you. Read all the money management stuff I could find (Samovitz, Mitchell, Meadows, Langhar, Walters, etc.) After I was all done I ended up betting flat to win 1% of starting bankroll. I feel no stress at that and when I need to make a bet I don't have to decide on the amount, I just bet that amount. To me either it is worth a bet or not. I just make sure I don't overbet my bankroll.

AD

plainolebill
04-24-2003, 04:05 AM
Barry Meadow's book 'Money Secrets at the Racetrack' covers a lot of ground: money management, structuring bets, value, odds lines, etc. He gives formulas and tables for finding value in exotics, etc. I'd say it was worth the money.

tcat
04-26-2003, 12:55 PM
You are correct Another Dave. After teaching handicapping classes at the U of KY and seminars in LV for several years, I felt a need to respond to the many questions I received from the public, ie "how to bet". I find most people have their own system when it comes to handicaping, but betting the exotics is where they look for help.
I wrote my book mostly for beginners and people struggling with ways to bet the exactas, trifectas, P3's etc. My current class seems to be only interested in Superfectas, so for two weeks that's all we have been talking about. My book sold out very quickly, and only Gamblers Books Store sells copies. I tried to include all the old favorite formulas, and some of the new wrinkles. I admire your ability to stay with win betting and if works don't change. Good luck!

Dave Schwartz
04-26-2003, 01:19 PM
tcat,

And which book was yours?

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

melman
04-26-2003, 02:36 PM
Not a customer of Dave's software, however he has written to master works of money management. Give them a try and the price is very low. Mention my name and Dave will tack on an additional charge. LOL Just check out his website and order both books. Worth it.

Kentucky Bred
04-26-2003, 09:15 PM
Dave's books kind of opened my mind to a whole new way to think about money management. Get a deal if you by both.

Agree with Dave, though, I would love to read a book by a U of KY Prof on wagering. Do you sell it at the Kennedy Book Store?

Kentucky Bred

tcat
04-27-2003, 07:46 AM
Hi Dave, my book is Exotic Wagering Formulas. As I said, it sold out the first year. I have given permission to Gamblers Book Store to sell reprints.

As an old coach, I give names to many of the formulas(Like football plays), which has been a neat way to discribe what betting plan one might be using. For example, a popular trifecta formula is the "Ernie".

My class is "Hobby Handicapping" and for about seven years I also did a seminar at the Stardust.

For an interesting wagering book, I recommend Steve Fierro's book "Four Quarters of Horse Investing" .

Dave Schwartz
04-27-2003, 12:24 PM
TCat,

Thanks for the reply. Is the book currently available?

Dave

tcat
04-27-2003, 02:09 PM
Only as a copy from Gamblers Book Store. All the originals sold out last year.
Thanks for asking