PDA

View Full Version : Gitmo Detainee Waterboarded 183 Times in One Month

Bubba X
04-20-2009, 02:40 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/04/20/cia.waterboarding/index.html

OK, it was Khalid Mohammed, tha presumed mastermind of the 9/11 attacks. I have no problem with throwing a little water at the guy. Or even a lot.

But 183 times in a month?

Really, wasn't there anything else they could try?

Why stop at 183? Maybe #184 would have been money.

Tom
04-20-2009, 02:42 PM
Could have been a lot worse - they could have put a G*A*S*P CATERPILLAR in his cell!

That monster Bush! A CATERPILLAR!

PaceAdvantage
04-20-2009, 02:49 PM
Are we going to traipse through another boring torture/waterboarding argument?

When our enemies stop chopping off the heads of innocent Wall Street Journal reporters, I'll start giving a shit about waterboarding.

RichieP
04-20-2009, 02:50 PM
In an attempt at fair and balanced journalism did CNN also publish some photos of the people leaping from the Trade Center or the hundreds of firefighters running into the burning towers that would soon collapse on top of them??

After all those were the direct results of KSM planning weren't they?

:confused:
:9::1::1:

Bubba X
04-20-2009, 02:57 PM
Oh now, is waterboarding all that boring?

Personally I prefer we leave the enhanced interrogations to the Saudis. Or the Yemenis.

And really, I wonder.... are there more references here to "Waterboarding" or are there more references to "Obama's birth certificate?"

Sort of like whether Mindy's sells more cheesecake or more strudel, don't you think?

PaceAdvantage
04-20-2009, 03:17 PM
There are 151 POST (note I typed posts, not threads) references to either "waterboard" or "waterboarding."

There are 87 POST references to "Obama birth certificate" and 93 POST references to "Obama certificate"

So, about 2-1. Your conclusion from this data is?

Tom
04-20-2009, 03:27 PM
500 posts for rutabaga.

Now that I think about it, 183 water boardings....can't be that bad.

PaceAdvantage
04-20-2009, 03:43 PM
You are absolutely right....FIVE HUNDRED post references to RUTABAGA.

You guys on the rigth have a LOT to live up to...get cracking!

These lefties are pissed and think you're hounding Obama unfairly, when there are 500 references to Bush as a rutabaga here on off-topic?

Most of these left-leaners are terribly misinformed when they think off-topic is some right-wing dominated board. Hard to argue with those stats....

PaceAdvantage
04-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Shit...I just realized there is a 500 search return limit that I imposed...let me lift that for a second and get the true count on rutabaga....

557 is the actual number...sorry for the inaccuracy in the prior post....

Tom
04-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Someone call SUFF.
I want to report this! :lol:

ddog
04-20-2009, 04:41 PM
"waterboarding "is good if followed with a caterpillar chaser.

maybe we could grind up the caterpillar and put it in the water.
Jolly good show - that!!

:D

PaceAdvantage
04-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Not sure what that post blowout was about, but I had to correct it...

delayjf
04-20-2009, 08:17 PM

You gotta take lunch sometime.

Steve 'StatMan'
04-20-2009, 08:30 PM
In an attempt at fair and balanced journalism did CNN also publish some photos of the people leaping from the Trade Center or the hundreds of firefighters running into the burning towers that would soon collapse on top of them??

After all those were the direct results of KSM planning weren't they?

:confused:
:9::1::1:

Yeah! If the 9/11 terroists had just waterboarded all the people that lept from the burning Trade Center, and the hundred of firefighters and other people inside that died in the burrning, crumbling buildings, most of them would still be alive today, over 7 years later!

Bubba X
04-20-2009, 09:33 PM
There are 151 POST (note I typed posts, not threads) references to either "waterboard" or "waterboarding."

There are 87 POST references to "Obama birth certificate" and 93 POST references to "Obama certificate"

So, about 2-1. Your conclusion from this data is?

I conclude I don't know what a post reference is. And though I wouldn't recognize a rutabaga if one walked up to me, I wonder if there are more post references to "Rutabaga" than there are to "Mainstream Media (or, MSM)."

dutchboy
04-20-2009, 09:53 PM
He should consider himself lucky he was not in a POW in North Vietnam. Waterboarding would be a swim at the beach compared to the Hanoi Hilton. At least the boys in Nam enjoyed the talents of Ms Jane Fonda.

Lefty
04-20-2009, 10:09 PM
The Dims outrage over this is fake,phony and faux. It has come to light today that the dims in congress including Pelosi, Reid and others were apprised of every single one of these techniques and that they were going to be used in 2002. Fearing another attack by Alqaeda they were on board with it. Why am I not ever surprised of the dims hypocrisy.

boxcar
04-20-2009, 10:17 PM
The Dims outrage over this is fake,phony and faux. It has come to light today that the dims in congress including Pelosi, Reid and others were apprised of every single one of these techniques and that they were going to be used in 2002. Fearing another attack by Alqaeda they were on board with it. Why am I not ever surprised of the dims hypocrisy.

Yup, I bet those elitists were okay with it when they thought their lives were possibly in imminent danger.

Boxcar

swami13
04-20-2009, 10:37 PM
Are we going to traipse through another boring torture/waterboarding argument?

When our enemies stop chopping off the heads of innocent Wall Street Journal reporters, I'll start giving a shit about waterboarding.

well said.

Warren Henry
04-20-2009, 10:55 PM

How can so many be so blind to this constant pattern. The phony outrage by the folks who were in fact in on the scam. This is no different than Barney Frank screaming about the housing debacle that he helped to orchestrate. The only constant is that they tell the lies so long that they actually begin to believe them themselves.

Or as a previous administration used to do, tell a lie today. If anyone sees through the lie, tell a bigger lie or change the subject. If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

Unfortunately, this character flaw is not limited to the left. It seems to be a part of the DNA of a majority of politicians. :rolleyes: "I am not a crook".

dav4463
04-21-2009, 12:18 AM
That is the current record. Next time go for 184.

witchdoctor
04-21-2009, 08:48 AM
That is the current record. Next time go for 184.

Better yet,go for the longevity record. One time but one month long continuously.

GaryG
04-21-2009, 09:30 AM
There should not have been a need for Gitmo. We should have finalized them immediately.

Tom
04-21-2009, 09:34 AM
That will probably be the new unofficial policy.
Good.

BTW, Obama just murdered a few more innocent Pakisania over the weekend, with no warrants, no trials, no legal representation, and violating Pakistani's sovereignty.

As good citizens for the world, should we not turn him over to the world court for prosecution of murder and war crimes? I support that, as a good American.
we should also apologize to the world for our leader's murderous rampages against humanity.

Obama lied, People Died.

ddog
04-21-2009, 10:06 AM
as to Pakistan you actually have stumbled into a truth...when they collapse we will be one of the drivers of that.
people just do not take kindly to being killed at random by any force , no matter who thinks who is a terrorist.

These actions will not help.

This country for the most part has become unhinged by 9/11 and is heading for the gutter morals wise.

They seem to be related more than I had thought.

bama is just as much a moral relativist in all things as was bush.

a sad country anymore, there are no laws or standards we will uphold if the chips are on the table.

none.

cj's dad
04-21-2009, 10:12 AM
You know Tom, you are right, and the left here has convinced me that the murderous ways of the past need to be reconciled in order for the USA to be a part of the "new world order".

Therefore, I wholeheartedly recommend the arrset and subsequent trial of Barack Hussein Obama at the world court in the Hague for crimes against humanity; particularly the Pakastani civilians that were murdered over the weekend. May their souls rest with Allah!

PaceAdvantage
04-21-2009, 07:23 PM
I conclude I don't know what a post reference is.When you run a search, the results can be presented as whole threads, or individual posts. Individual posts (as I cited) provide a much more accurate count, as one thread could contain many different posts, each with its own reference to whatever word or phrase you are searching.

I still eagerly await your thoughts on the fact that water boarding was mentioned twice as many times as Obama birth certificate...I think you were implying that you might have thought (and incredibly so) that the B.C. was a more popular topic than water boarding?

PaceAdvantage
04-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Actually, I have another count update...I ran a search on "water boarding" and that came up 76 times...so it's much more than a 2-1 bias in favor of waterboarding over B.O. B.C.

Bubba X
04-21-2009, 07:47 PM
When you run a search, the results can be presented as whole threads, or individual posts. Individual posts (as I cited) provide a much more accurate count, as one thread could contain many different posts, each with its own reference to whatever word or phrase you are searching.

I still eagerly await your thoughts on the fact that water boarding was mentioned twice as many times as Obama birth certificate...I think you were implying that you might have thought (and incredibly so) that the B.C. was a more popular topic than water boarding?

Well, I've gone down on many a 2-1 shot so I will admit, yes, I would certainly have taken less than 2-1 on that prop. Ok? Better? Perhaps I was overly smitten with the birth certificate "coverup conspiracy" angle than I should have been. I am a sucker for a good conspiracy theory, fiction or otherwise.

Speaking of eagerly awaiting each other's responses, I am going on several weeks here in rapt anticipation of your answer to my inquiry on your post that started a thread. Something to the effect of you writing, "...These Democrats (and the morons who voted for them) have no shame..." I think it was your Chris Dodd has giant balls thread.

I hope you find my answer somewhat timely enough.

PaceAdvantage
04-21-2009, 08:33 PM
I hope you find my answer somewhat timely enough.Wasn't the Chris Dodd thread...and I can't find the other one at the moment...

Steve 'StatMan'
04-21-2009, 09:10 PM
Sounds like an advertising campaign, "You Git Mo at GitMo!"

JustRalph
04-21-2009, 09:11 PM
There should not have been a need for Gitmo. We should have finalized them immediately.

I spoke with two Marines headed for Afghanistan next week. They report in a few days.

The feeling amongst them is that there will be no reason for Gitmo in the future. Easier and cheaper to have nothing left to imprison...........

It will be interesting to find out if their commanders feel the same way

Tom
04-21-2009, 09:59 PM
Yeah, I go for that idea. Bang Bang.
Like pirates - just make them shark bait.

Did you catch that little POS Somalian crying in court today?
Hope his nights in Rikers are filled with......ah....well, just filled!:lol:

Valuist
04-21-2009, 10:06 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/04/20/cia.waterboarding/index.html

OK, it was Khalid Mohammed, tha presumed mastermind of the 9/11 attacks. I have no problem with throwing a little water at the guy. Or even a lot.

Really, wasn't there anything else they could try?

Why stop at 183? Maybe #184 would have been money.

Right....why stop at 183? How about once for each person that was killed in the attacks. At what point do foreign terrorists have any rights?

PaceAdvantage
04-22-2009, 01:36 AM
At what point do foreign terrorists have any rights?When they stop cutting off the heads of innocent Wall Street Journal correspondants...

Tom
04-22-2009, 07:28 AM
Never.
You kill terrorists, or torture them for whatever you can get out of them.
Then kill them.

Bubba X
04-22-2009, 07:38 AM
Right....why stop at 183? How about once for each person that was killed in the attacks. At what point do foreign terrorists have any rights?
Why stop?

Try it ain't working.

Try something else, like what they did with that guy standing on a stoll with electricity up his ass. Why not try that? Better yet, ship him to the Saudis or, even better, the Yemenis where they have the good sense (not to mention military discipline) to not allow their soldiers to take and transmit photographs of what is happening.

At what point do the detainees have any rights? I don't know. You might get a better answer from George Bush or Dick Cheney. After all, 2/3 of the Gitmo detainees were released during their Administration. They'd know better than anyone, right?

I have nothing against torturing terrorists. But when you have US military feeding pictures and video of what is supposed to be secret-like shit to the press, well you are going to have to acknowledge that you have a problem that is not going away by itself.

The problem isn't that they were torturing at Gitmo. The problem is they couldn't control the situation like they needed to.

Otherwise, of course, you can just blindly and conveniently blame the media and the guys that have to clean up the mess.

How's that working out?

Bubba X
04-22-2009, 07:39 AM
Never.
You kill terrorists, or torture them for whatever you can get out of them.
Then kill them.

You're getting warmer.

Tom
04-22-2009, 08:11 AM
OK, NUKE them! :D

BTW, South Park, right on top of things, has a new show tonight about Somalian pirates! Should be good......