PDA

View Full Version : here come the cuts

ArlJim78
04-20-2009, 10:33 AM
So in response to the Tea Parties (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/19/AR2009041902009.html?hpid=topnews), Obama, not wanting to be left out, wants to ride this wave of fiscal conservatism and show that he is serious about cutting spending. So he gets out his budget axe and requests that his cabinet sharpen their pencils and come up with a whopping (drumroll please)....$100 million in cuts!! . How on earth will they find that level of savings? This is a strong signal that things are going to be different right?
where will they find room to cut this whopping three thousandths of one percent of the budget? What will they do, cut back on the Waygu Beef at the Wednesday mixers? Barney Frank to cut back on manicures? Oh the humanity.
__________________________________________________ _________

Obama to Order Cabinet to Quickly Cut $100 Million From Department Budgets

President Obama plans to convene his Cabinet for the first time today, where he will order members to identify a combined $100 million in budget cuts over the next 90 days, according to a senior administration official.

rastajenk
04-20-2009, 10:44 AM
I read somewhere on a blog this morning that if a family making 75K a year engaged in a similar level of belt-tightening, they would have to forgo two cups of coffee per day. I'm not going to go through the effort of fact-checking the math, but it sounds about right. Oh, the humanity, indeed. :eek:

Tom
04-20-2009, 10:49 AM
With or without cream and sugar? :lol:

So, all that pork in there that he basically said no big deal andthis amounts to a small percentage of THAT!

So, I say to Bummy "No big deal, you dictator's arse kissing coward!"

ArlJim78
04-20-2009, 10:49 AM
I read somewhere on a blog this morning that if a family making 75K a year engaged in a similar level of belt-tightening, they would have to forgo two cups of coffee per day. I'm not going to go through the effort of fact-checking the math, but it sounds about right. Oh, the humanity, indeed. :eek:
according to my math, it would be more like two cups of coffee per year!
if you take $100 million divided by $3.5 trillion you get .0000285.
If you multiply that by $75,000 you get $2.14
If you get your coffee at Starbucks its less than 1 coffee per year.
What a fine example of belt tightening.:lol:

prospector
04-20-2009, 10:50 AM
cut all congressional staffs by 75%
cut congressional benefits by 50%
veto all bills with earmarks
and its a begining...

rastajenk
04-20-2009, 10:55 AM
according to my math, it would be more like two cups of coffee per year!Maybe that's what it was. :D After I posted I tried to find it again and gave up. You're probably right.

HUSKER55
04-20-2009, 11:01 AM
How about limiting the use of air force one? For all the traveling him and Hillary are doing, if they were to use a phone we could probably save more than that.

Phooey,...I forgot the need to grandstand.

nevermind

Maybe hillary could pimp out wild bill.

prospector
04-20-2009, 03:26 PM
i can't believe janet!
she'll save 52 million in 5 years by ordering supplies in bulk...WHAT! WTF! why are you not ordering in bulk now!!

10 million per year for supplies after savings..
too many people wasting supplies....cut staff and justify all supply requests...more savings..

hell, one earmark wipes out her savings..