PDA

View Full Version : Just more Hot Air???????

newtothegame
04-19-2009, 09:19 PM
Seems more and more people are seeing right through Obama...and this is MY major problem with him. He has a serious issue with saying one thing (as in during the campaign) and doing another as now that he is Pres.
Heres an article from the N.Y times......
WASHINGTON — President Obama (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/o/barack_obama/index.html?inline=nyt-per) is well known for bold proposals that have raised expectations, but his administration has shown a tendency for compromise and caution, and even a willingness to capitulate on some early initiatives.
It was inevitable that Mr. Obama’s lofty pledge to change the ways of Washington would crash into the realities of governing, including lawmakers anxious to protect their constituents and an army of special-interest lobbyists.

Mr. Obama has not conceded on any major priority. His advisers argue that the concessions to date — on budget items, for instance — are intended to help win the bigger policy fights ahead. But his early willingness to deal or fold has left commentators, and some loyal Democrats, wondering: where’s the fight?

“The thing we still don’t know about him is what he is willing to fight for,” said Leonard Burman, an economist at the Urban Institute and a Treasury Department (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/organizations/t/treasury_department/index.html?inline=nyt-org) official in the Clinton administration. “The thing I worry about is that he likes giving good speeches, he likes the adulation and he likes to make people happy.”

The rest here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/19/us/politics/19lobby.html?_r=1&hp

toetoe
04-20-2009, 06:13 PM
The thing is, he did not even NEED to promise anything specific. Hope and change ... bingo . :confused: .

newtothegame
04-20-2009, 06:15 PM
The thing is, he did not even NEED to promise anything specific. Hope and change ... bingo . :confused: .

Seems he can't help himself always trying to pander himself with words....:lol:

BELMONT 6-6-09
04-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Wouldn't it be amazing if a presidential candidate stood before the american voting public and said "I want to be your president because I love this country and though as a human being I will MAKE MISTAKES but rest assured my mistakes will be made because I honestly want to do the best job possible for all americans especially the tax paying americans."

WOW...if politicians can only present themselves as humans first then we can identify with them and their intentions instead of the usual lies and BS>

jballscalls
04-20-2009, 07:53 PM
seems that will never happen, because of the two party system, some candidates always have members of their party that dont agree with some of the things they really want or plan to do, so they say they will do things to satisfy these people, even though they have no intent to.

BELMONT 6-6-09
04-20-2009, 07:58 PM
I agree JB...but it is nice to dream sometimes.I guess Toms advice to throw them all out is the best solution because it apperars to be business as usual...lies and promises.