PDA

View Full Version : US Marine arrested on terror/bomb charges.

TripleCrownTime
04-19-2009, 07:28 PM
He was able to get the material on a plane from Las Vegas to Boston, but Logan inadvertently re-screened the bags before routing them to Charlotte.

It just happened a few hours ago, I have not seen it on the news. Probably downplayed because of his service, and that he's not a Muslim.

Its strange that this happened the week the Right Wing terror threat was revealed.

A US Marine was arrested today at Logan International Airport after federal airport screeners discovered a gun, bomb-making materials, and ammunition in his checked baggage, State Police and Transportation Security Administration officials said.

TSA screeners in Terminal B called State Police at 7:10 a.m. after a screen discovered the following items in his checked baggage: a locked handgun box containing a semi-automatic handgun, a fully loaded gun magazine, several boxes of 9 mm and 7.62 mm ammunition, three model rocket engines containing an explosive mixture, military pull-type fuses, switches, electronics kit boxes with various components, and a hand grenade fuse assembly with detonator

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2009/04/us_marine_arres.html

toetoe
04-19-2009, 07:34 PM
Scary ( :eek: ), but did you notice the epithet infernal machine ? Dig that crazy binomial nomenclature, man.

TripleCrownTime
04-19-2009, 07:46 PM
Its pretty upsetting. I have a four hour layover in Charlotte tomorrow night. Now my wife does not want me to fly in case there are accomplices. My boss is in Charlotte now and I can't reach him. That's how I learned of the arrest, I was searching around Charlotte for somewhere for us to have dinner when I saw the story.

I still can't believe it. Imagine how those people on the Las Vegas flight must feel?

Tom
04-19-2009, 07:54 PM
Funny the topic you picked for your first post on a horse racing forum.

mostpost
04-19-2009, 08:19 PM
Funny the topic you picked for your first post on a horse racing forum.
This from the guy who has 32812 posts. 32811 of which are variations on the theme "Obama is a POS.:lol: :lol: :lol:

newtothegame
04-19-2009, 08:46 PM
You know...some of you all are just out right sad. Ok, so you found a military guy (providing this is true) who was arrested for suspected terrorism. now I am sure this is meant as a justification for the department of homeland security rtecently released report. Now I wonder how many NON military people across the U.S who have done something recently that was inhumane, borderline terroristic (depending on perspective), or just out and out criminalistic??? The point of the report from DHS that got people so mad was it pointed out groups that (by coincidence I am sure :lol: ) that are against B.O's agenda. THE RIGHT WING!

Why not have the DHS report on all the "postal" workers that have created the term? Why not have DHS report on GREEN PEACE, the list goes on and on....
Its obvious the left is not looking for anything that doesnt fit their agenda...:bang:

prospector
04-19-2009, 08:47 PM
where was the Marine coming from?
you wouldn't believe half the stuff they took from me on my way back from Nam...
any serviceman today has plenty of access to such equipment as well as at gun shows..
lighten up...tons of people are very well armed..

lamboguy
04-19-2009, 08:51 PM
better blame the democrat's for that one.

PaceAdvantage
04-19-2009, 11:00 PM
Funny the topic you picked for your first post on a horse racing forum.I know it's a little obvious, but I'll still give you props for sniffing the retread immediately...

hcap
04-20-2009, 06:22 AM
This from the guy who has 32812 posts. 32811 of which are variations on the theme "Obama is a POS. :lol: :lol: :lol: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

I guess you know my theory about an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of typewriters, etc, etc...........

Apparently I must amend my theory.
All said simians also watching an infinite number of TVs, all tuned to FAUX NOOS.

Tom
04-20-2009, 07:44 AM
Hey Troll-Boy...is that you got? Just another barb with no substance?
I would have thought having your boy in the WH would have somehow upgraded your contributions here. Silly me. You must have hit your ceiling.
It is in the basement. :lol:

toetoe
04-20-2009, 12:35 PM
Mostie,

You should be flattered. You got thumbs up from hcap, this board's equivalent of Hardy Har Har, the depressed "laughing" hyena whose main gig was as sidekick to Lippy the Lion.

Notice I am NOT calling you two high-fivers. Just sayin,' y'know ...

Sincerely,
Morocco Mole

Marshall Bennett
04-20-2009, 01:08 PM
Every now and then they have to high five each other . Without the motivation they'd simply fade away . :D

exactaplayer
04-20-2009, 01:20 PM
Hey Troll-Boy...is that you got? Just another barb with no substance?
I would have thought having your boy in the WH would have somehow upgraded your contributions here. Silly me. You must have hit your ceiling.
It is in the basement. :lol:
Sir,
Would you please link to one of your posts in "off topic" that has substance ?
thank you.

Tom
04-20-2009, 01:33 PM
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=669781#post669781

ddog
04-20-2009, 02:58 PM
You know...some of you all are just out right sad. Ok, so you found a military guy (providing this is true) who was arrested for suspected terrorism. now I am sure this is meant as a justification for the department of homeland security rtecently released report. Now I wonder how many NON military people across the U.S who have done something recently that was inhumane, borderline terroristic (depending on perspective), or just out and out criminalistic??? The point of the report from DHS that got people so mad was it pointed out groups that (by coincidence I am sure :lol: ) that are against B.O's agenda. THE RIGHT WING!

Why not have the DHS report on all the "postal" workers that have created the term? Why not have DHS report on GREEN PEACE, the list goes on and on....
Its obvious the left is not looking for anything that doesnt fit their agenda...:bang:

Green Peace,etc have reports ,any group of any size has been written up.

Bubba X
04-20-2009, 03:08 PM
How does what this guy did make him a terrorist? He got charged with weapons laws violations but that doesn't make him a terrorist.

prospector
04-20-2009, 03:11 PM
How does what this guy did make him a terrorist? He got charged with weapons laws violations but that doesn't make him a terrorist.
wow, for once we agree

toetoe
04-20-2009, 06:11 PM
I agree. Just the very act of naming something/someone influences the equation. Although I bandy the word terrorist where religious zeal is involved, it's really a buzzword. If it's a crime, prosecute it, but a special name --- hate crime, e.g. --- should not change anything.

DJofSD
04-20-2009, 06:33 PM
From the article:
Davis said TSA was "actively investigating" why the gun and explosive materials were not detected during the screening in Las Vegas.

That is the real story.

The fact this stuff got past the TSA screening in Las Vegas is what should raise red flags. All the other stuff, including not declaring the weapons, is incidentaly.

newtothegame
04-20-2009, 06:53 PM
Green Peace,etc have reports ,any group of any size has been written up.

its NOt about whether they have been written up in the past, its about whether OBAMA and his DHS has written them up such as the recently released report. Listen, for me its always been about this guy and him doing something different then what he said on his canidacy. He ran and "hope and change". Nothing is changed. He suckered an entire country in on the belief that he was "going to change D.C".
Yet when the right points out all of this "misteps" ( as the left would have you believe), the answer always is "well look what BUSH did. Let me help all of you left guys and gals out....BUSH IS NOT IN OFFICE. Obama is!!! He needs to live up to his promises....but guess that would be too much to ask to be a man of his word...then again...what is his word????:bang:

NJ Stinks
04-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Every now and then they have to high five each other . Without the motivation they'd simply fade away . :D

Oh yea. I can just see it after we fade away.
__________________________________________________ _______

Tom: That POS is a commie bastard!* :mad:

Isbets: Has he ever been right in his life? I hope he rots in NJ! :mad:

Newtothegame: He wouldn't know the truth if it hit him over the head! :mad:

Toetoe: Why is it I'm the only one who truly understands how evil this so-and-so is? :mad:

Boris: Why isn't crappy liberal one word? :mad:

Boxcar: Those freeloaders don't get it and never will! :mad:

JustRalph: That reminds me - can't we talk about the flat tax for a change? :mad: I'm tired of all these freeloaders! :mad:

CJ's dad: That SOB would fit right in here in Baltimore! :mad:

Elkabong: 2020 will be a lot of fun! :ThmbUp:

ArlJim78: FOX News had a non-partison story on this guy and I think Dick Morris nailed it! :mad:

Lefty: This kook reminds me of Bill Ayres....No make that Al Gore! :mad: This guy wouldn't last 10 minutes at a craps table out here. :rolleyes:

BlueShoe: I was hangin' out at Daily Kos and you guys would be shocked at the bias there! :mad: I don't know how those guys live with themselves. :eek:

dav4463: Hey, I finally found those "Girls Gone Wild" pictures! :jump:

Tom: Not now, Dave. And besides - I need to get Hitler into this thread and you're not helping! :mad:

PaceAdvantage: No doubt MSM will cover this up! :mad: I don't usually listen to him but did you hear what Rush said about this stooge today? :lol: Ok guys, see you next week.:ThmbUp:

* Trademark
__________________________________________________ ___________

For all the righties I forgot above - maybe next time! :p

hcap
04-21-2009, 07:08 AM
Mostie,

You should be flattered. You got thumbs up from hcap, this board's equivalent of Hardy Har Har, the depressed "laughing" hyena whose main gig was as sidekick to Lippy the Lion.

Notice I am NOT calling you two high-fivers. Just sayin,' y'know ...

Sincerely,
Morocco MoleYou are apparently stuck in the alternate "Crossword/Anagram/Mistake words for substance universe"

"Hardy Har Har"????? Are you channeling Yogi bear or El Kabong?(the cartoon)

Brings backs all them pre-6th grade memories.

Tom
04-21-2009, 07:40 AM
Brings backs all them pre-6th grade memories.

You really enjoyed, February, didn't you? :lol:

hcap
04-21-2009, 08:17 AM
You really enjoyed, February, didn't you? :lol:
There were probably over 200 ant-Obama threads alone in February.
Silly, but enjoyable. Gives one an inkling into the minds of many logic-impaired righties. Those of you less fortunate thinkers are a gas to read just for all the anger oriented issues.

ddog
04-21-2009, 09:54 AM
its NOt about whether they have been written up in the past, its about whether OBAMA and his DHS has written them up such as the recently released report. Listen, for me its always been about this guy and him doing something different then what he said on his canidacy. He ran and "hope and change". Nothing is changed. He suckered an entire country in on the belief that he was "going to change D.C".
Yet when the right points out all of this "misteps" ( as the left would have you believe), the answer always is "well look what BUSH did. Let me help all of you left guys and gals out....BUSH IS NOT IN OFFICE. Obama is!!! He needs to live up to his promises....but guess that would be too much to ask to be a man of his word...then again...what is his word????:bang:

DHS once created is not Bush's or bama's it's a gvt entity.

It takes a life of it's own and that is to infringe ever more on yours.

Like I said, there is nothing more dangerous to a freedom loving person than "total safety" brought to you by your friendly gvt.

Most don't get it, but hang around it will become clear.

There are all kinds of ways to "lose" a war.

PaceAdvantage
04-21-2009, 07:19 PM
I don't usually listen to him but did you hear what Rush said about this stooge today?You do realize I have never quoted Rush from his radio show or any show...and no, I never listen to him would be the more accurate quote.

Lefty
04-21-2009, 07:37 PM
dog, that's nonsense. Obama appointed Napolitano and he probably wrote the memo himself, or else gave her a mighty fine outline.