PDA

View Full Version : After the Belmont is run what other event do

onefast99
04-19-2009, 09:47 AM
most on this forum want to attend up to and including the Breeders Cup in October? I personally think Haskell Day at Monmouth park is the one I can't miss...some other favorites would be The Queens Plate or one of the big Saratoga races, etc, etc.

RaceBookJoe
04-19-2009, 10:03 AM
most on this forum want to attend up to and including the Breeders Cup in October? I personally think Haskell Day at Monmouth park is the one I can't miss...some other favorites would be The Queens Plate or one of the big Saratoga races, etc, etc.

Being originally from upstate NY...i am partial to the Travers at Saratoga. rbj

miesque
04-19-2009, 10:03 AM
The Arlington Million at Arlington Park is now the centerpiece of my summer racetrack travel schedule because I have found the Million Day in the Million Room to be the most enjoyable and comfortable experience at the races at what I consider to be a rather reasonable combined cost (tickets, hotel, airfare).

BELMONT 6-6-09
04-19-2009, 10:13 AM
Haskell Day is always a special event for the Monmouth faithful...great day to see the track packed with fans.

onefast99
04-19-2009, 10:15 AM
Haskell Day is always a special event for the Monmouth faithful...great day to see the track packed with fans.
I agree, and fathers day also draws a huge crowd, in fact the picnic areas are all sold out and MP added a bunch this year.

kenwoodallpromos
04-19-2009, 01:07 PM
Today the only TBred racing I am interested in is the BC. I will only think about betting that or other events if there is a very clear big overlay in some type of bet.

sandpit
04-19-2009, 04:04 PM
American Oaks Day at Hollywood Park has been very fun to attend in the past several years; the entire card is usually stacked with good horses. However, with the elimination of the CashCall Mile and the reshuffled stakes schedule, it may not be as good this year. The best horse I've seen in the last five years won the AO: Cesario. It's a shame she got hurt, she was something to behold.

Everyone should experience opening day at Del Mar. Just be prepared for the traffic before and after.

Run Nicholas Run
04-19-2009, 04:50 PM
a nice quiet tuesday afternoon at yavapai downs :cool:

jballscalls
04-19-2009, 05:46 PM
Longacres Mile Day

GaryG
04-19-2009, 06:59 PM
Opening day at Del Mar.....Lord willing I will be there for most of the meet. I liked it better before the renovation in the early 90s but it is still one of my favorite places. Nothing like a bike ride to Torrey Pines before breakfast.

JohnGalt1
04-19-2009, 07:30 PM
Claiming Crown.

Relwob Owner
04-19-2009, 10:33 PM

Definitely the Travers....any time spent at Saratoga is time well spent for me....an amazing place

miesque
04-20-2009, 11:05 PM
American Oaks Day at Hollywood Park has been very fun to attend in the past several years; the entire card is usually stacked with good horses. However, with the elimination of the CashCall Mile and the reshuffled stakes schedule, it may not be as good this year. The best horse I've seen in the last five years won the AO: Cesario. It's a shame she got hurt, she was something to behold.

Everyone should experience opening day at Del Mar. Just be prepared for the traffic before and after.

I attended the American Oaks/CashCall Mile last year and had a blast, it was a great weekend at Hollywood Park. However, I am heading to the Hollywood Gold Cup instead this year because they moved the CashCall Mile (which reverted back to the Royal Heroine) to the following weekend (Hollywood Gold Cup weekend) which made that the American Oaks less appealing since it is during Fourth of July weekend and which is one weekend where travelling is not very desirable because that weekend the families are out in full force meaning there are too many children running amuck and I have no tolerance for that most especially when I am on vacation.