PDA

View Full Version : superlative speedy ciphering system

Pace Cap'n
04-23-2003, 01:10 PM
Started to post this in reply to Freeneasy's system. which was a good read, but maybe a separte system needs a separate thread.

Free, yours was an interesting post. There is a system for picking contenders that I use from time to time. It is not
a purchased system, but one I heard about not long ago. It is very good for selecting horses that stand a chance to
come in the money, even win. Where it really shines is it's speed and simplicity. Let's say you sitting at the OTB
faithfully betting the races you so carefully scoped out last night, and you happen to look three screens down and see
a race going off at an unfamiliar track, with 12 horses in the race, and the lowest odds showing are 3/1, and going way
up from there. Just by looking at the tote, you can picture a multi-thousand-dollar tri, but it's 4 minutes to post. Luckily,
you happen to have a DRF for that track.

Use the speed and variant numbers in the form for the horse's last race. Start with the variant fig. Subtract it from 100.
Take this result and subtract that from the speed figure. If the result of the second calculation is a positive number,
the you have a "+". If it is a negative figure, then it's a "-". (plus or minus). Rank the top four horses with the highest
plus being the best. Often, you will find that this ranking will correspond to your list of contenders just as if you had
actually handicapped the race.

To take a cheap stab at the pie-in-the-sky tri, wheel the top ranked horse over the next two for a dollar (1/2-3/2-3).
If you feel more agressive, wheel over the next three (1/2-3-4/2-3-4).

An example: DRF figs--84-18. 100-18=82. 84-82=(+2). Ex: figs--86-12. 100-12=88. 86-88=(-2).

This will not work too well with stakes races, and not at all with graded races. These races will be loaded with plusses,
while bottom-level claimers will show all minuses (sometimes huge minuses). Allowance and mid-level claiming races are
probably best for this spot play.

After you have done the calcs for awhile, you will get really speedy at it. Also, if you have time, you can figure three
or four races back to see if you can spot a trend (think Rags). Have been experimenting with that, but have come to no
conclusions.

It can also be helpful to your handicapping as a check-and-balance to be sure you haven't overlooked a possible contender.
It would be nice to have it incorporated into any program(s) you may use. Wish I did.

Best score to date: $2,300 tri at GG on a $2.00 bet. Hit several at Oaklawn in $2-300 range.

In closing, let me emphasize that this is only a suggestion. It is not the Holy Grail, a black-box, etc. etc.

Good luck and good 'capping,
(and better bettin')

Steve

Pace Cap'n
04-23-2003, 01:15 PM
Don't know why that came out looking like blank-verse format.
Didn't look that way when I hit "Submit".

Apologies,

Steve

Pace Cap'n
04-23-2003, 03:50 PM
Must be my day for systems. Went to the mailbox and came back with a flyer for the "L-Y-N" system. Don't know anything about it, but saying L-Y-N out loud seems to say it all.

It is such a good system, that, according to a testimonial, on a
Friday at Del-mar (don't know which Friday), the same horse won two races on one card. Per the testimonial, Five Star Day won both the 5th (14.60) and 8th race (22.00).

Now that's what I call a system. Anybody have an extra $65.00?

Steve

Fastracehorse
04-23-2003, 04:13 PM
Allegedly leads to contenders that is - lol.

I read Tom Ainslie liked that too.

fffastt

Pace Cap'n
04-23-2003, 04:24 PM
An adjusted speed figure, perhaps?

Ssteve

freeneasy
04-24-2003, 12:18 PM
thats a good one Pace Cap'n
stop your CRYN
and start your BUYN
you'll be FLYN
and were not LYN
get your ssystem today, only 99 clams and dont forget,
your-a-buyn
cause
were-a-lyn
I got a flyer recently, and the guy had an example showing some PPs of the horse and if you looked real close you could see that the racing dates on the horse were 1985, and then you look at the jocks name and its some jock that been retired for the last century.
But winning two races in the same day, now thats something Id keep for my collection.

Fastracehorse
04-24-2003, 12:27 PM
Figuratively speaking of course - right Stttevve??

:)

fffastt

freeneasy
04-24-2003, 08:28 PM
I think theres something I might like about that, yeah and it just might fit well with a simple little make-sense idea/system that Ive got on the drawing board.
Ive seen adjusted speed figures, this one just appealed to me for some reason. Dont know why, it just seems to make sense. Thanks for that little stock tip Pace Cap'n. It just might work with what i got.

jk3521
04-24-2003, 09:59 PM
Pace Cap'n,

Yeah, I loved the horse winning twice on the same card and at different mutuals. The other day I got another mailing from some hotshot named Bobby Smith. He is supposedly a computer wiz that has become a top handicapper. Has anybody out there ever heard of him? He says that he was the editor in chief of American Turf Monthly,worked for DRF and then moved on to Sports Reporter and was their "Numero Uno handicapper". I guess that somebody has to take over when Mike Warren and Kelso Sturgen kick off.

Fastracehorse
04-24-2003, 10:10 PM
<Ive seen adjusted speed figures

You have???

Where??

:) :) :)

fffastt

PaceAdvantage
04-25-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by jk3521
Pace Cap'n,

Yeah, I loved the horse winning twice on the same card and at different mutuals. The other day I got another mailing from some hotshot named Bobby Smith. He is supposedly a computer wiz that has become a top handicapper. Has anybody out there ever heard of him? He says that he was the editor in chief of American Turf Monthly,worked for DRF and then moved on to Sports Reporter and was their "Numero Uno handicapper". I guess that somebody has to take over when Mike Warren and Kelso Sturgen kick off.

LOL...I got the same mailing...and had the same thoughts....

I never heard of the guy, but there are a couple of 'name' cappers and industry folks vouching for him in the ad...among them names like Ed Fountaine and John Piesen.....

Even still, they go through all the trouble of putting together a package that is supposed to suck you into their world and sign up for their service, and they CAN'T EVEN SPELL THE DAME HORSE'S NAME THAT THEY ARE CLAIMING THEY WON WITH!!!

Case in point...they spelled Alysweep as AYLSWEEP

It never fails...almost every single come-on I receive from a handicapping service has a horses name spelled wrong....LOL

==PA

freeneasy
04-25-2003, 03:29 AM
oh about 2 minutes after the DRF included the TV to their publication. Everybody and their brother used the adjusted speed figure in some way or another. I'll bet you can name just about anybody and they were either exploring or using the adjusted speed figure in one way or another.

Fastracehorse
04-25-2003, 12:51 PM
This is my innovation ( and only mine mine mine).

So there - :)

fffastt

jk3521
04-25-2003, 09:20 PM
I would not call John Piesen (who has his own touting service which I got suckered into last Saratoga meet), someone who I would listen to in regards to recommending any other tout service.

jotb
04-25-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by jk3521
Pace Cap'n,

The other day I got another mailing from some hotshot named Bobby Smith. He is supposedly a computer wiz that has become a top handicapper. Has anybody out there ever heard of him? He says that he was the editor in chief of American Turf Monthly,worked for DRF and then moved on to Sports Reporter and was their "Numero Uno handicapper". I guess that somebody has to take over when Mike Warren and Kelso Sturgen kick off.

I received the same mail the other day. I never heard of this guy. He gave me quite a few laughs while I read his mail in the bathroom. What a joke!

Joe

Pace Cap'n
04-26-2003, 12:53 PM
Freeneasy,

Great rhyme. Maybe we should send it on to Mr. Lyn for his next mailing. Hope you didn't mind my appropriating your alliteration from your thread.

Yeah, I also received the Piesen promo, and the Bobby Smith as well. Boy, have they got our number or what.

Steve