PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Park Opening Day

rmania
04-23-2003, 09:27 AM
Race 1 – Have to go with the ML favorite #3 Wire Transfer (2/1). Has shown a tracking style in two previous starts and I expect the same here though may be a little more forwardly placed. I really can’t see this one being over bet as there are a few in here that may take considerable action.

Race 4 – #5 Breakfast At Ts (7/2) is long over due. Should be no surprises in here so figure this one to take them gate to wire.

Race 7 – Trying to make a case for #1 Jimmy O (20/1). A repeat of his Jan 12th effort puts him in the hunt. If the other “more attractive” runners are “looking ahead”, this one could pull the upset.

rrbauer
04-23-2003, 03:46 PM
Opening day. Pay attention to the rail. Outside usually does well in sprints here.

R1
Silver Commander has improved works since raced and has been Gelded. 1st off claim for Becerra and Blinkers on.

R2
No real opinion here, but Aimees Pride is bred in the purple for turf and has improved works since raced.

R3
Like Pioneerman a little and Any Questions a lot.

R4
Like Perfect Miss drawn outside. Also, think that Company of Mary, Breakfast at T’s and Livae will compete for the 2nd spot.

R5
Charley Bates has some Timeform #’s that would win this. Guess you have to move Zanakar up based on improved turf work at HOL.

R6
No opinion.

R7
There are two absolute Corvettes in here. Slew’s Prince and Noble Silence. Then you have King Robyn.

R8
ML looks right in real weak field. Think that Goodin’s Genuine Count could move forward. Real nice blowout at SLR.

Fastracehorse
04-23-2003, 04:20 PM
1. 3/1/2
2. 4/3/5
3. 4/5/1
4. 4/2/3
5. 7/2/1/3
6. 6/3/1
7. 1/4/2/5
8. 2/9/1

I think the #6 in race 6 is a good play.

I will do p-3's keying on 3 and 6 in that race.

fffastt

rrbauer
04-23-2003, 04:28 PM
R6
#6 Libor is scratched

Fastracehorse
04-23-2003, 05:50 PM
I actually got the scratches before I 'capped and then forgot.

fffastt

cj
04-23-2003, 06:36 PM
This is one ugly race card for an opening day, guess I shouldn't be surprised. Saturday should be much better.

CJ

rmania
04-23-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by rmania
Race 1 – Have to go with the ML favorite #3 Wire Transfer (2/1). Has shown a tracking style in two previous starts and I expect the same here though may be a little more forwardly placed. I really can’t see this one being over bet as there are a few in here that may take considerable action.

Race 4 – #5 Breakfast At Ts (7/2) is long over due. Should be no surprises in here so figure this one to take them gate to wire.

Race 7 – Trying to make a case for #1 Jimmy O (20/1). A repeat of his Jan 12th effort puts him in the hunt. If the other “more attractive” runners are “looking ahead”, this one could pull the upset. Race 1 - Wire Transfer won for fun (4 lengths) as the 2nd choice ($8.00). I'll take it.:)

Race 4 - Surprise, surprise... Breakfast At Ts didn't get the lead and didn't get it done. 3rd at 7/2. :confused:

Race 7 - I guess you could say that if weren't for bad luck, Jimmy O would have no luck at all. Still finished 2nd at 28/1 producing the highest payoffs on the board ($14.20 and $7.80) and in doing so passed those Corvettes like they were Chevettes.:eek:

cj
04-23-2003, 09:48 PM
Nice pickin today rmania!

CJ

rmania
04-24-2003, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
Nice pickin today rmania!

CJ Thanks CJ...

Actually, the pickin was the easy part. Getting a price is what’s nice.

In the case of Jimmy O, it’s not uncommon that these types are typically overlooked.

As I mentioned in my dissertation, a repeat of his 2-back Jan 12th race puts him in contention from the outset. And any improvement, coupled with a slight regression or “non-interest” from the “more likelier” choices, would give him a strong chance for the upset.

As it turned out he did repeat that 2-back race and WAS primed for an improved effort but the trouble he encountered negated the latter.

Still, $14.20 to place was sweet and (can you believe this?) it represented the highest payoff (win, place or show) on the ENTIRE CARD.

Fastracehorse
04-24-2003, 12:43 PM
How 'bout that tri??

With a 1:2 horse on top!

fffastt