PDA

View Full Version : drf pars

fmolf
04-17-2009, 10:36 AM
why are their so many n/a on different races at different tracks in the beyer speed figure pars?.....I find brisnet to be much more advanced with their speed and pace figures and the way they present their information?I hope someone can provide the answer......i have also tried formulator and found that it is time consuming to use their filters an just not practical for a serious handicapper who has a family and a full time job!

proximity
04-17-2009, 10:57 AM
why are their so many n/a on different races at different tracks in the beyer speed figure pars?.....I find brisnet to be much more advanced with their speed and pace figures and the way they present their information?

i'd say drf is probably too hellbent on finding perfect matches for the pars. and brisnet/tsn may present the speed and pace numbers better, but the overall accuracy of their figures just doesn't match up with moss/beyer of drf... especially track to track..

fmolf
04-17-2009, 11:37 AM
again i have found bris pars and their speed figures to be quite accurate...as far as their race shapes and pace figures go, i have had better success with them than with any other numbers....i guess it is a personal preference...unless you make your own numbers how can you tell which are more accurate?..except by going with the ones you have more success with?

kitts
04-17-2009, 03:59 PM
Pars have been important for so long but I have become disenchanted since they are not real accurate, IMHO, and they are basically just an average. I am of the opinon that a 6F Par of 111 would work since every horse has to compete against it. However, not too many folks agree................

fmolf
04-17-2009, 06:02 PM
i understand your point ..but then they would not be pars would they....they would be speed figures...quirin type...where a 10k claimer equals 100 pts every other class works off of that....is that what you mean?i still look to bet on horses who have at least come within 5 or 6 points of the par for that class and distance

kitts
04-18-2009, 11:35 AM
I do use Pars-they are a significant component of my All-In-One software but I know a fair amount about what goes into making pars and there are cases where even the guy compiling them admits to a skinny foundation. I must admit that Pars are a big help in judging shippers.