PDA

View Full Version : Bad Beats! What was your worst?

andymays
04-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Have you ever been disqualifed because the Jockey on your Horse weighed out light? I had it happen to me.

To the best of my memory Allijeba never came close to any other Horse during the race and won at 11-1. The last thing I expected was an inquiry and when it went up I thought it was for another Horse who finished in the money. It lasted forever and I have pasted a link below and the exerpt pertaining to the incident.

I have had many "bad beats" but this is my worst!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2001/06/30/SP174197.DTL

Exerpt regarding Ricky Frazier and Allijeba:

But he left after a bizarre incident in the $250,000 Final Fourteen Championship -- the culmination of a series of races around the nation -- on Oct. 14, 1990, at Bay Meadows. Frazier won the race aboard Allijeba by a nose over Tex's Zing, but his mount was disqualified because he weighed out with his saddle at 123 pounds -- three fewer than the horse was assigned to carry.

The Bay Meadows board of stewards suspended Frazier for six months, but he went to court to fight the decision, and the penalty was reduced to probation.

Frazier still has no idea how the discrepancy happened, because he weighed in at the correct 126 pounds before the race.

"I didn't have access to the saddle from when I weighed in until I got on the horse," he said. "It never made sense to me. The trainer (Larry Robideaux) and I lost our share of the purse earnings -- about $14,000 each. You wouldn't jeopardize that when you know that the first five finishers in the race get weighed out."

The appearance of impropriety sent Frazier packing.

"It was a big embarrassment to have that cloud over my name," he said. "I went to Texas, where they opened some new tracks (Sam Houston and Retama parks), and I was leading rider there for a few years," Frazier said. "I rode at Delaware Park the past two years."

GaryG
04-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Gallant Man in the 57 Derby when Shoe mistook the 1/16 pole for the finish line......I was 14 and made my maximum bet....$5.

The Judge
04-16-2009, 04:52 PM
I hope you read my post #33 under "nacumi's" thread "Whats going on at Chucky Town" a post about the clerk of the scales and jockeys being suspended at Charles Town. I quote the "Ricky Frazier " incident in that thread quoting much of the same passages as you. That was a few days ago on 4/10th .

If this is strickly coincidence its spooky. I hope you read post #33 and it just made you recall the bad beat if not I am going to have to make some serious "hunch" bets this week-end.

andymays
04-16-2009, 04:59 PM
I hope you read my post #33 under "nacumi's" thread "Whats going on at Chucky Town" a post about the clerk of the scales and jockeys being suspended at Charles Town. I quote the "Ricky Frazier " incident in that thread quoting much of the same passages as you. That was a few days ago on 4/10th .

If this is strickly coincidence its spooky. I hope you read post #33 and it just made you recall the bad beat if not I am going to have to make some serious "hunch" bets this week-end.

I did not read it as I don't normally play Chucky Town.

I was at the old Del Mar Racetrack where they used to have satellite wagering in the clubhouse area. I had bet my last $20 on Allijeba and couldn't believe what happened. I busted a knuckle on the door to make matters worse. I was in a daze for about a week!

andymays
04-16-2009, 05:03 PM
The handfull of people that were around me that day always remind me of that incident until this day.

One in a million!

andymays
04-16-2009, 05:13 PM
I had another one that was something else and it was a case of me beating myself by assuming something that was not the case.

I think it was 1996 and Hollywood Park had Friday night racing with a carryover. It was raining and I was running late. When I got there I noticed that an earlier turf race was taken off the turf so I assumed the feature that night would be taken off because it rained pretty hard. I had a single in the turf race that I changed because I thought it would go to the dirt main track.

When the race came up they ran from a standing start from the chute on the turf course with no starting gate because of the softness of the turf. I've never seen a start without a starting gate since!

I had 5 of 6 that night and the Pick 6 paid about 90K if I remember right!

The Judge
04-16-2009, 06:02 PM
If you get a chance read the "Chucky Town" thread especially #33 I was at Baymeadows when it happened and was watching Fraizer weigh out.

As far as bad beats go I was beat out of 1 million dollars at Golden Gate Fields well at least ($250,000)there was a million dollar plus pick 6 carry over. A friend and I went in together and each picked 1 horses each , so we had 2 seperate horses running in each leg of the pick 6.

As luck would have it in one race I was torn between two hores a horse called Mikes Little Angel who was a 1st. time starter and a horse that was destine to go off at low odds . I wanted to play Mike because of his breeding and I worked with a guy named Mike who had 6 childern (stair steps) but the other horse could run so I picked him.

As they are loading into the gate they announce over the loud speaker my horse was sratched by the vet so we were put on the posttime favorite which was a horse my partner had already picked. Now instead of having 2 horses running in eack leg of the pick 6 we now have the same horse TWICE.

Of course Mike Little Angel wins and me and my partner have 5 out of 6. Since that time you can now pick an alternate horse on your pick 6 ticket. There was 1 winning ticket that paid over 1 million dollars. The horse that was needed to win was Mike's Little Angle which paid over the longest price of the day over $30. This had to be 15-20 years ago.

I wonder if we would have gotten the pick 6 twice if we were placed on the favorite and he won, and he was already on our ticket ? We got back a little over $2,000 for the 5 of 6 and some 4 of 6 consolations.

andymays
04-16-2009, 06:05 PM
People will tell you these things even out over time but it sure doesn't seem like it does it?

Racing Horses and Betting on them. There's nothing like it when you win and nothing like it when you lose!

ManeMediaMogul
04-16-2009, 06:11 PM
I have been DQ'd out of the Pick Six twice...once for a about $13K and another for about $150K.

Missed half of a $1 million pick nine when a friend of mine took my top horse off the ticket to make it cheaper.

I missed a $650,000 pick six when my single was scratched late and I ended up with the favorite. My second choice won at $17 and I made five. Very sad.

But my worst beat was when Closing Argument finished second in the Kentucky Derby to Giacomo. I had the trifecta. ($63K I think.) But if he wins, I am in the Caribbean right now...for the rest of my life.

andymays
04-16-2009, 06:15 PM
I have been DQ'd out of the Pick Six twice...once for a about $13K and another for about $150K.

Missed half of a $1 million pick nine when a friend of mine took my top horse off the ticket to make it cheaper.

I missed a $650,000 pick six when my single was scratched late and I ended up with the favorite. My second choice won at $17 and I made five. Very sad.

But my worst beat was when Closing Argument finished second in the Kentucky Derby to Giacomo. I had the trifecta. ($63K I think.) But if he wins, I am in the Caribbean right now...for the rest of my life.

Those are some good ones.

A friend of mine had Closing Argument in his tri's and supers and threw him out to cut the cost of the ticket.

BombsAway Bob
04-16-2009, 08:30 PM
but with Evangeline Downs back for 2009 meet, I remembered closing week '08
---------------------------
The Worst Beat in the History of Dime Supers.
I got DQ'd on a TRAINER'S OBJECTION in the fifth race at Evangeline Downs on Wednesday,Aug.27th!
I made a cheap action bet, A DimeSuper,(all)(1,2,4)(3)(1,2,4)=$5.40 (5th@DimeSuper,(all)(1,2,4)(3)(1,2,4)=$5.40)..
The Horses crossed the finish line in this order: 11~2~3~4.
The 11 is 33/1...the 2 is 9/1...the 3 is 18/1...& the 4 is 6/1...
The tote board posted my winning numbers for over 90 seconds,
then... the dreaded announcement;
"Hold All Tickets. We have a claim of foul,by the TRAINER of fifth place finisher, number nine, against the fourth place finsher, number 4.."
Have you EVER seen a trainers claim of foul for 4th & 5th Place?
Neither had I! Well, after 5 minutes, I saw a DQ I didn't want to!
------The Horrifying Results, after DQ: http://x.myspace.com/images/blog/smileys/blank.gif
1st~ 11-Lil Initiative------ $69.80--$35.20--$17.00
2nd~ 2-Bitsy's Parade Day---------$10.00--$7.20
3rd~ 3-Kipper Zak--------------------------$11.40
4th~ 9-Adorable Prospect
$1.00 EXACTA 11-2 $366.40 ~ $2.00 QUINELLA 2-11 $248.00
$1.00 TRIFECTA 11-2-3 $6269.40
$1.00 SUPERFECTA 11-2-3-9 $206,774.20
($20,677.42 for the Dime...MY Dime for 90 seconds!)

Hajck Hillstrom
04-16-2009, 08:59 PM
I singled Golden Missile in the PLACE hole at 75-1 with Budroyale and Cat Thief in the WIN & SHOW holes to ALL in the 4th hole of my superfecta wager in the 1999 BC Classic.

I watched Golden Missile make a menacing move on the turn only to hang in the stretch and finish 3rd, a scant whisker from Budroyale's 2nd place finish at odds of 27-1 and Cat Thief's win at 19-1, with Chester House rallying to 4th from last at odds of 45-1.

The superfecta paid $693,00, as there were two tickets that cashed. I think that I might have held the lone ticket had Golden Missile been able to put his nose down for PLACE, and I too would have been down in the Caribbean cheering for Closing Argument to win the `05 Derby so that ManeMediaMogul might join me in the sun.

I also got the worst ride in the history of racing that cost me a $78,000 Pik6 by losing a photo in the final leg, and DQ'd out of a $125,000 in the opening leg of a Pik6 on a horrible steward's decision, but the `99 BC Classic will probably be my worst beat ever.

Not so much a bad beat as a costly one, which equates to the baddest of the bad.

plainolebill
04-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Chinook Pass's first race in Southern Cal after shipping from Longacres. If I remember correctly he was ~4/1, I made the biggest win bet of my life, up until that time, and he dwelt in the gate :( . With a normal start he was a mortal lock.

Paseana
04-17-2009, 12:38 AM
I haven't posted on PaceAdvantage very much, if at all, but I had to jump in on this one!

My most painful "beat" was in the 2001 Kentucky Derby. I almost NEVER play superfectas, but for some reason, in this Derby, I decided to give it a try. I put Point Given and Monarchos on top, and used both of them with Congaree in second. I then took those three and added four more in the third and fourth holes.

First of all, I picked Dollar Bill and Startac as defensive wagers. I didn't really like either of them in the race, but I was just afraid one or both might just clunk up and spoil the party. My main two selections were Thunder Blitz and Invisible Ink. So my ticket looked like this: 1,2/1,2,3/1,2,3,4,5,6,7/1,2,3,4,5,6,7.

Watching the finish, Monarchos won for fun of course, and I could have sworn that Congaree laid his nose on Invisible Ink for second, and Thunder Blitz closed for fourth. I honestly thought I had it! When the post-photo numbers were posted, and Inky's came up in second, it was like getting kicked in the stomach! I pretty much walked around in a daze for the whole rest of the day!

I don't remember how many $1K bills that super paid. I blocked it out. But I know it was a ton of them!

The thing that bothers me most now, after 8 years, is that they never showed the photo for second in that race, and I've never been able to find one anywhere. I would have felt a little better if I could have seen proof!

Oh well.....that's my sad story. I've enjoyed lurking around here. I'll try to post more often.

strapper
04-17-2009, 11:20 AM
THAT WAS A BAD BEAT!
but with Evangeline Downs back for 2009 meet, I remembered closing week '08
---------------------------
The Worst Beat in the History of Dime Supers.
I got DQ'd on a TRAINER'S OBJECTION in the fifth race at Evangeline Downs on Wednesday,Aug.27th!
I made a cheap action bet, A DimeSuper,(all)(1,2,4)(3)(1,2,4)=$5.40 (5th@DimeSuper,(all)(1,2,4)(3)(1,2,4)=$5.40)..
The Horses crossed the finish line in this order: 11~2~3~4.
The 11 is 33/1...the 2 is 9/1...the 3 is 18/1...& the 4 is 6/1...
The tote board posted my winning numbers for over 90 seconds,
then... the dreaded announcement;
"Hold All Tickets. We have a claim of foul,by the TRAINER of fifth place finisher, number nine, against the fourth place finsher, number 4.."
Have you EVER seen a trainers claim of foul for 4th & 5th Place?
Neither had I! Well, after 5 minutes, I saw a DQ I didn't want to!
------The Horrifying Results, after DQ: http://x.myspace.com/images/blog/smileys/blank.gif
1st~ 11-Lil Initiative------ $69.80--$35.20--$17.00
2nd~ 2-Bitsy's Parade Day---------$10.00--$7.20
3rd~ 3-Kipper Zak--------------------------$11.40
4th~ 9-Adorable Prospect
$1.00 EXACTA 11-2 $366.40 ~ $2.00 QUINELLA 2-11 $248.00
$1.00 TRIFECTA 11-2-3 $6269.40
$1.00 SUPERFECTA 11-2-3-9 $206,774.20
($20,677.42 for the Dime...MY Dime for 90 seconds!)

Free House
04-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Im not gonna feel bad posting mine after I read all of these... I have a couple.. Here is my main one:

Santa Anita I played the pic 4 a couple years ago. I singled a 20-1 shot in the 3rd leg. Well he was about 10-1 in the book but went off 20-1

My ticket looked something like this 6-8/1-3-4-6-7/5/6-7

1st leg 12-1 shot
2nd leg 10-1 shot
3rd leg 20-1 shot

Needless to say all of the payouts were huge. I think the lowest one was about 15k.

I had two 5-1 shots or so going into the race. They were both paying over 17k.

This was about 5 years ago.

I had the 6 and the 7. Right before the race the 7 bolts out of the front of the gate and they scratch him. I now have the post time favorite. They put the horses back in the gate and there are three 5/2 SHOTS!

And the race goes off! My other horse is quickly out of the race and now I have no idea who to root for. I can't tell you how helpless the feeling was watching the race and having no idea who to root for. One of the 5/2 shots won the race, but obviously it wasn't the correct one.

I wish there was a way to know who the favorite was. I was at Raynham Park so obviously there was no tote board i could look at .. UGH..

andymays
04-17-2009, 02:14 PM
Everyone has some good ones.

Why doesn't anything extraordinary ever happen to help us win a big one once in a while?

Or is it just our imagination?

Free House
04-17-2009, 02:35 PM
Everyone has some good ones.

Why doesn't anything extraordinary ever happen to help us win a big one once in a while?

Or is it just our imagination?
The gambling gods actually tossed me a bone once I had 100 wps on a 10 to 1 shot and going into the stretch he was 10 lengths behind all alone in 2nd and the horse in the lead bolted to the rail and the jockey slid across the rail and fell. I was shocked at how lucky I got. The jockey walked away unharmed and the horse didn't fall. I'm not the type of guy that wants a horse or jockey to fall so I can win money

andymays
04-17-2009, 03:42 PM
The gambling gods actually tossed me a bone once I had 100 wps on a 10 to 1 shot and going into the stretch he was 10 lengths behind all alone in 2nd and the horse in the lead bolted to the rail and the jockey slid across the rail and fell. I was shocked at how lucky I got. The jockey walked away unharmed and the horse didn't fall. I'm not the type of guy that wants a horse or jockey to fall so I can win money

I was put up on a Trainer's claim of foul several years ago for about a grand.

andymays
09-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Old Thread.

Thought I'd put it up for some laughs if anyone has some new stories to add!

Bad Beats. Had any?

Imriledup
09-19-2009, 07:49 PM
Got DQd out of a pick 6 for at least 100k at Del Mar a few years ago on a really bush league call. This might have been at a time when 'not affecting the outcome' was not in play. My horse shifted out and the 2nd place finisher took up a bit, but my horse went on to win under a hold by over a length, there was no way my guy was getting beat and they took me down. This was the 5th leg and i had singled the 8-5 shot in the finale who won by 10.

On MMM's Caribbean story, i needed the 5th place finisher in the Barbaro Preakness to get 4th for one of these caribbean shots. I would have made many hundreds of thousands had the 4th and 5th place finisher's been flipped.

I don't remember who was 5th in the Preakness that year, but i just remember thinking "how could he NOT have passed the 4th place finisher?" Maybe the 4th place horse was stopping turning for home and i still couldn't get past him? I just remember thinking it was a bad beat at the time.

rokitman
09-19-2009, 07:54 PM
This (http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/UltimateGrammyBox/Disk1/stayinalive.wav) one was pretty bad.

Imriledup
09-19-2009, 08:06 PM
The worst beat that anyone has ever taken, and we still don't know who this person was, happened at Santa Anita a few years ago in a pick 6. Longshots were hitting all day and going into the last race there were some HUGE HUGE HUGE payouts on the board. One horse, who was like 50-1 was alive with one ticket for 4.2 million, one person was alive for the entire pool.

This 50-1 shot circled the field and was beginning to edge away at the end when he broke down with like 50 yards left in the race.

bisket
09-19-2009, 11:27 PM
imriled i have the worst luck in the preakness also, and its at my home track. i just talked about one on a rachel thread. i had street sense, clydesdale, and hardspun in that order straight for 20$. when borail stops riding half way through the stretch, and the clydesdale sneaks up on them and nips ss at the wire. i'm still sick about that race!! i just missed the super a few years before that when imperialism was nosed out for fourth. although that super probably only woulda payed 4to500. most times the preakness is a good straight exotic race. its usually pretty easy to pick the order of finish. its usually a pretty formful race, and the odds require straight exotic plays with larger than usual bets. that 4 hole is the one that gets me beat in the super, and i've found it to be a tough to handicap pick. which is why i've stopped playing the super for the most part. i really feel picking that particular spot in the order of finish is more luck than skill. just my opinion. oh and with the way i play tri's i've missed out a number of times on combinations of horses in the trifecta's. where i've beaten all around the bush and had the right horses, but missed on the order of finish by a whisker, but i've found the percentages are more in my favor if i keep my bets to a maximum of 6 combinations for the trifecta. i only go above 6 combinations on a trifecta if the odds warrant it. you just have to keep a stiff upper lip in that regard.

illinoisbred
09-20-2009, 08:09 AM
My worst was the DQ of Island Miss[8-1 winner] at Hawthorne in the spring of 08. The objecting jockey claimed interference from IM at a point in the race where IM was nowhere near his mount.What really stung was a couple months later the Illinois Racing Board reinstated the order of finish upon appeal by the owner/trainer[one and the same].

Thomas Roulston
09-20-2009, 09:04 AM
I'll never forget Framarco losing by a nose to Seaney Bear in the 1978 Display Handicap.

There were all kinds of stories about how Larry Adams (Framarco's rider that day) was a drunk.

depalma113
09-20-2009, 09:40 AM
Not horse racing, but I don't believe there can ever be a worse bad beat.

I was supposed to be born on Halloween. I was born 2 weeks late on Friday the 13th. While growing up my mom always played a $1 lotto ticket of all the family's birthdays. Mom, Dad and four kids. One ticket once a week, every week.

So yes you guessed it, every birthday number but one came in. The last ping pong ball came up with a 1 and a 3, except that number was 31, not 13.

So we didn't win $7.6 million because I was born two weeks late. Try carrying that burden from the age of 11.

JimHunter
09-20-2009, 03:05 PM
I have to mention the worst beat for gamblers other than ponies. Some 6-7 years ago in the NFL the teams were taking a shower (don't remember the teams but I think it was New England-Cleveland?) about 40 minutes after the game, but the NFL never made the game official because after an interception was returned which ended the game the teams went to the locker room. The NFL made them come out and attempt the extra point 45 minutes after everyone thought the game was over and the extra point made one team cover.

alytim
09-20-2009, 05:40 PM
Arlington Million a few years ago, forget the name of the horse Gary Stephens was riding, but he made a right turn in the shadow of the wire and dumped Stepens. Had he won, I've got the tri, super and a good double with the eventual winner of the next race. The next Million there was a dq that put my horse up. Maybe it all evens out in the long run.

andymays
09-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Arlington Million a few years ago, forget the name of the horse Gary Stephens was riding, but he made a right turn in the shadow of the wire and dumped Stepens. Had he won, I've got the tri, super and a good double with the eventual winner of the next race. The next Million there was a dq that put my horse up. Maybe it all evens out in the long run.

They say it even out but in my experience it doesn't. ;)

It makes you feel a little better when they tell you that though. Not! :)

thespaah
09-20-2009, 06:18 PM
I've been pulled down more than I've been dq'd into wining ticket
But my best "pull up" was BC Classic one.
Got pulled up into the exacta on which I had a five spot. Think it paid about $165 at NY OTB.
Worst pull down was the old NY OTB pick 4 which was offered only on Saturday nights for the OTB racing from Yonkers/Roosevelt show.
I had the first three and my selection won the final only to be pulled down for some mysterious interference rule..
I was maybe 18 or 19 and the $1,200 I watched go away was A LOT of friggin money in 1978 or 9...

bks
09-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Cannot come close to some of these.

MIssed the Pick 6 last Breeders' Cup because I refused to use Midnight Lute with just one race (a terrible race) in the last year. But the worst was 20 years ago, in the early days of NJ simulcasting at Garden State Park. I was in my early 20's, and an inveterate harness player.

Last race of the day at Freehold in an 8-horse field. Think I was down about $30, which was 60% of my bankroll at the time. I know I had $18 in my pocket. A horse on the inside was 40-1 approaching post time, and I thought he could hit the board. I liked an 8-1 shot on top, and the big favorite looked vulnerable.

So I keyed the 8-1 shot on top, with my 40-1 shot in second and third. But even though i had the money in my pocket, instead of hitting the ALL key for $12, I used only four of the remaining six horses, saving myself $4 like the sharp guy I was (I had a goofy rule which I still adhere to, which is: if can only kick one horse, you can't kick him; you have to use the all. If you can kick two, then kick the two).

8-1 shot wins, 40-1 shot runs second clear, and a 99-1 shot (#7, I believe) runs third. I had kicked him. Trifecta paid over $6K for a dollar, IIRC.

I pondered driving my car into the river on the ride home over the bridge. But I had toll money.

Imriledup
09-20-2009, 10:06 PM
"Good" Story BKS, we've all been there in one way or another.

I know what you are saying about kicking two to the curb. I'm that way too, especially if its a big field and its much easier to hit the all button than type in all the numbers, it saves much time. I HATE it when there's one absolutely no hoper and i know he has zero shot, so i have to actually spend the time calling all the numbers out just to exclude one horse. But, like you said, if you can only eliminate one horse, hitting the all button is probably the way to go.

Market Mover
12-13-2010, 12:55 AM
What were the off odds of the 9 horse in this race? Had to be big...and had the original order of finish stayed, it may have paid significantly less than 20k for a dime...

tubesockshakur
12-13-2010, 05:56 PM
The worst beat that anyone has ever taken, and we still don't know who this person was, happened at Santa Anita a few years ago in a pick 6. Longshots were hitting all day and going into the last race there were some HUGE HUGE HUGE payouts on the board. One horse, who was like 50-1 was alive with one ticket for 4.2 million, one person was alive for the entire pool.

This 50-1 shot circled the field and was beginning to edge away at the end when he broke down with like 50 yards left in the race......no, that cannot be topped. :faint:

Stillriledup
12-13-2010, 06:01 PM
.....no, that cannot be topped. :faint:

I was at the track that day and felt mortified FOR the person who was alive to that runner. If that ever happened to me i'd be out of the game the next day never to return. I would feel cursed forever with no chance to ever win, i'd be done.

GlenninOhio
12-13-2010, 06:45 PM
I was at the track that day and felt mortified FOR the person who was alive to that runner. If that ever happened to me i'd be out of the game the next day never to return. I would feel cursed forever with no chance to ever win, i'd be done.

I can't say I would react any differently to that beat than you just described - I'd be done.

But there are those very few extraordinary people - the ones who somehow can bounce back from the depths of adversity and claw their way back, sometimes far exceeding what they ever achieved before.

At the risk of straying too far off topic, I'll excerpt from Rudyard Kipling's great poem ("If"):

"If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss."

I want to be the guy who can do that.

Happy Holidays.

Glenn

Stillriledup
12-13-2010, 06:47 PM
I can't say I would react any differently to that beat than you just described - I'd be done.

But there are those very few extraordinary people - the ones who somehow can bounce back from the depths of adversity and claw their way back, sometimes far exceeding what they ever achieved before.

At the risk of straying too far off topic, I'll excerpt from Rudyard Kipling's great poem ("If"):

"If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss."

I want to be the guy who can do that.

Happy Holidays.

Glenn

Great poem, im writing that on a piece of paper and putting it next to my 'betting station'

Thank you Glenn.

teddy
12-13-2010, 11:25 PM
all horses but one covered on last leg of the pick 4 at GG... all paying over 20k. Too cheap to put a couple hundred on whitaker at 15 to one. Spent 3 days in a motel puking up cheap liqour after she drew off by 10. Now when anyone doesnt cover the last leg of a pick 4... they are whitakering ...