PDA

View Full Version : track surface question

redeye007
04-16-2009, 01:46 AM
Hi, does anyone know if there is a list of which tracks are dirt and which ones have the all weather surfaces. I am interested in knowing which ones are dirt surfaces. thanks

Bettowin
04-16-2009, 01:52 AM
There has to be a list somewhere but post the tracks you are interested in and we can easily say dirt or fake:)

Imriledup
04-16-2009, 02:52 AM
Here's dirt from off the top of my head.

ALL nY tracks (Sar bel aqu)

gulf

FG

Oaklawn

fairplex

lone star

monmouth/med

philly

delaware

calder

los alamitos

emerald downs

Tampa

laurel

mountaineer

charlestown

hawthorne

penn nat

There might be a few more, if anyone knows of any more please let us know.

redeye007
04-16-2009, 04:45 AM
thanks all. I've been playing SA but the track speed seems to change daily with the weather making it very challenging to play. I want to try some dirt tracks again. I'll check them out to see which ones offer the dime supers. thanks

kenwoodallpromos
04-16-2009, 05:01 AM
All California fairs are still "dirt".

andymays
04-16-2009, 06:46 AM
All California fairs are still "dirt".

The Fairs are still dirt and think they will remain that way. The way things are going out here there may not be many horses to race at the Fairs. Or at Hollywood Park and Del Mar for that matter.

One mile dirt ovals are the best!

RonTiller
04-16-2009, 09:44 AM
Here is the complete list of tracks with synthetic surfaces in USA & Canada. This does not include private training facilities that do not run officially sanctioned races. Everybody else is dirt:

Hollywood Park - CA
Santa Anita - CA
Del Mar - CA
Golden Gate - CA
Keeneland - KY
Turfway Park - KY
Woodbine - ON
Presque Isle Downs - PEN
Arlington Park - ILL
Ocala Training Center - FLA

I'm not aware of any more imminent switch overs or new synthetic tracks starting up.

Ron Tiller
HDW

HTRFGuy
04-16-2009, 11:11 AM
Here is the complete list of tracks with synthetic surfaces in USA & Canada. This does not include private training facilities that do not run officially sanctioned races. Everybody else is dirt:

Hollywood Park - CA
Santa Anita - CA
Del Mar - CA
Golden Gate - CA
Keeneland - KY
Turfway Park - KY
Woodbine - ON
Presque Isle Downs - PEN
Arlington Park - ILL
Ocala Training Center - FLA

I'm not aware of any more imminent switch overs or new synthetic tracks starting up.

Ron Tiller
HDW

Thanks Ron. Don't you find it a bit odd that "Turf"way Park has neither dirt nor turf??! :)

SMOO
04-16-2009, 01:03 PM
Thanks Ron. Don't you find it a bit odd that "Turf"way Park has neither dirt nor turf??! :)

One of the constant ironies us horseplayers are confronted with every day.

:lol:

RonTiller
04-16-2009, 02:40 PM
I suppose the next thing you'll tell me is that Turf Paradise is in the middle of the frickin desert!

Don't forget this rule of thumb: countries with "democratic" in their names usually aren't.

North Korea = the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
Old East Germany = German Democratic Republic

Yeah, yeah, I know...thread drift.

Ron Tiller
HDW