PDA

View Full Version : Hannity Goes Haywire; Slapped Down By Bernard Goldberg

Bubba X
04-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Apparently Hannity is missing the two minutes per hour when Colmes actually spoke and offered the now solo host to catch his breath or come to his senses.

On his show, with noted conservative commentator (and FOX contributor!) Bernie Goldberg as guest, Hannity refused to give any positive credit to Obama with respect to the positive outcome of the rescue of Capt. Phillips, going so far as to state, incorrectly, that Obama made no decisions he was not required by law to make.

Goldberg, to his credit, sets Hannity straight and, well, pretty much bitch-slaps him around for being negative just for the hell of it.

Goldberg said, "It happened on Obama's watch. He deserves the credit."

BlueShoe
04-14-2009, 02:55 PM
Hannity was just expressing an opinion,held by many Conservatives,that Obama should have acted sooner and more decisively.On the political bandwidth,Bernie is center right,about where O'Reilly is.Hannity is to the right of both on most issues.

JustRalph
04-14-2009, 03:04 PM
Bubba......... I suggest you hurry your butt over the thread on Texas ........who basically today told Obama to shove it.........

Get your email program ready so the Left Wing sites can instruct you on what to post as a response............
:lol: :lol:

Lefty
04-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Bubba, it was a very civilized discussion where both men held different opinions. What's wrong with that?

Bubba X
04-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Lefty,

The only thing wrong is that Hannity lifted the incorrect "Obama had no legal choice" angle straight off a blog.

He and his staff had a full day and a half to at least try to get it right. That is, if he or his network cared.

I understand the "it's his opinion" line but really, don't you think some GOP Congressman (Cantor, whomever) would have stated the position sometime Monday?

It wasn't very credible. To me, that made it interesting and amusing.

That's really all.

ArlJim78
04-14-2009, 03:47 PM
what's wrong with a difference of opinion?

Tom
04-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Cool thread.
Goes from bitch slap to difference of opinion on 5 posts! :lol:

Lefty
04-14-2009, 04:11 PM
bubba, he probably got that from his friend Mark Levin, a lawyer and Constitutional scholar. If he did, then he's got it straight.
Mark said on his own prgm yesterday that according to law, in a hostage situation it was not Obama's choice to make. I will accede to Mark.

Bubba X
04-14-2009, 04:26 PM
bubba, he probably got that from his friend Mark Levin, a lawyer and Constitutional scholar. If he did, then he's got it straight.
Mark said on his own prgm yesterday that according to law, in a hostage situation it was not Obama's choice to make. I will accede to Mark.
Mark Levin? He is as far if not further right than Hannity. Sorry, I don't bite on that.

Lefty
04-14-2009, 04:33 PM
so what? The point is: He knows the law frontwards and Backwards in these matters. Facts don't change whether you're right or left.

Bubba X
04-14-2009, 04:35 PM
so what? The point is: He knows the law frontwards and Backwards in these matters. Facts don't change whether you're right or left.Uh huh. So when when Levin says Obama is a terrorist apologist, that is also fact? Merely saying it does not make it true. Or is this different?

Really, now.

Lefty
04-14-2009, 04:39 PM
No, that's his opinion. Can't you tell the difference from fact and opinion? It's not that hard.

Bubba X
04-14-2009, 04:42 PM
No, that's his opinion. Can't you tell the difference from fact and opinion? It's not that hard.
So, you will always muster up with the furthest right lawyer on radio's opinion when it matches yours.

Nah, ain't so hard.

ddog
04-14-2009, 04:53 PM
so what? The point is: He knows the law frontwards and Backwards in these matters. Facts don't change whether you're right or left. :lol: :D

Bubba X
04-14-2009, 04:59 PM
:lol: :D:lol: :bang: :bang: :lol:

JustRalph
04-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Mark Levin? He is as far if not further right than Hannity. Sorry, I don't bite on that.

Let's leave that kind of talk out of this thread!!!

PaceAdvantage
04-14-2009, 05:54 PM
I freakin' hate replies consisting of nothing but emoticons.

delayjf
04-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Bubba,

Seriously, I would rate Clinton's decision to use cruise missles in Sudan as a greater show of balls than Obama's orders to kill some pirates. Really, me does think you do celebrate too much.

Bubba X
04-14-2009, 06:54 PM
I freakin' hate replies consisting of nothing but emoticons.Thanks for the nice response.

Of all the bullshit posts in all the threads in all the forums, you chose this one.

Better for you to express your rage like this than otherwise, I suppose.

Canarsie
04-14-2009, 07:23 PM
Do you expect a conservative or liberal talk show host to say anything that won't play to their base? Hannity and Coulter make me sick because they are phonies at least Levin sticks to his guns.

Taken from the net

Ann Coulter joined Sean Hannity for a fit of John McCain-bashing on Hannity & Colmes last night (1/31/08). With her garish make-up and tight sweater, the middle-aged Coulter was childishly agog with hyperactive anticipation for all the attention she calculated she’d garner from her latest ploy: an announcement that she’d vote for Hillary Clinton if McCain gets the nomination. One of her reasons? “He led the fight against – you say interrogations, I say torture!” With video.

PaceAdvantage
04-15-2009, 07:07 PM
Ann Coulter joined Sean Hannity for a fit of John McCain-bashing on Hannity & Colmes last night (1/31/08). With her garish make-up and tight sweater, the middle-aged Coulter was childishly agog with hyperactive anticipation for all the attention she calculated she’d garner from her latest ploy: an announcement that she’d vote for Hillary Clinton if McCain gets the nomination. One of her reasons? “He led the fight against – you say interrogations, I say torture!” With video.What is with lefties and their obsession with physical appearance?

If this is how they talk about Coulter, I can only imagine what they say about Michael Moore.

jballscalls
04-15-2009, 08:41 PM
What is with lefties and their obsession with physical appearance?

If this is how they talk about Coulter, I can only imagine what they say about Michael Moore.

those two deserve each other!! I prefer to obsess over their generally poor statements than their physical appearences.

It's funny cause its generally my righty buddies who are always making fun of people with different hair or clothes or lots of odd makeup. just my experiences

Lefty
04-15-2009, 09:13 PM
canarsie, i find it interesting that you had to all the way back to 1-31-08, to find fault with Hannity and Coulter. :ThmbDown:

ddog
04-15-2009, 09:13 PM
I freakin' hate replies consisting of nothing but emoticons.

pa , with the lefty dude, i am struck speechless sometimes , it's all i can do to "click a con" before :lol:

Lefty
04-15-2009, 09:16 PM
so dog, what are you laughing about. do you doubt that Levin is a Consitutional scholar?

lamboguy
04-15-2009, 09:50 PM
i heard that hannity and rush limbaugh voted for obama!!

Secretariat
04-15-2009, 09:52 PM
Lefty,

The only thing wrong is that Hannity lifted the incorrect "Obama had no legal choice" angle straight off a blog.

He and his staff had a full day and a half to at least try to get it right. That is, if he or his network cared.

I understand the "it's his opinion" line but really, don't you think some GOP Congressman (Cantor, whomever) would have stated the position sometime Monday?

It wasn't very credible. To me, that made it interesting and amusing.

That's really all.

You seem like a bright man. Why in the world would you even watch FOX?

Tom
04-15-2009, 09:59 PM
I realize that people who are not too bright can't watch Fox because it is above their pay grade. But you shouldn't talk about it. It might cause embarrassment to some.

Lefty
04-15-2009, 10:07 PM
lamby, you better rush out and buy a hearing aid, quickly.

Sec, you can insult Fox all you want, doesn't change the fact that they are fair and balanced. here's an example: CNN and NBC insulted good hard working americans today that attended the "tea parties."
No Fox reporter ever insulted anyone at an anti war demonstration during the Bush years.

PaceAdvantage
04-15-2009, 10:32 PM
You seem like a bright man. Why in the world would you even watch FOX?That's what the competition asks every ratings period...must be a good answer somewhere, right Sec?

dav4463
04-16-2009, 12:06 AM
Hannity was just expressing an opinion,held by many Conservatives,that Obama should have acted sooner and more decisively.On the political bandwidth,Bernie is center right,about where O'Reilly is.Hannity is to the right of both on most issues.

But it was OK for the left to bash Bush and say he didn't act quickly enough after Katrina even though he did everything he possibly could while the Louisiana governor did absolutely nothing. They even said it was because Bush hates black people which is the stupidest thing I ever heard.

If you criticize King Obama for not acting quickly and decisively then you are just an Obama hater I guess.

Rookies
04-16-2009, 12:13 AM
If you criticize King Obama for not acting quickly and decisively then you are just an Obama hater I guess.

Not necessarily. But in this case, because he did act expeditiously, you're just wrong if you have that opinion.

NJ Stinks
04-16-2009, 12:53 AM
No Fox reporter ever insulted anyone at an anti war demonstration during the Bush years.

Did FOX ever cover an anti-war demonstration let alone send a reporter to one? :confused:

Lefty
04-16-2009, 01:15 AM
If you actually watched Fox News, you wouldn't be confused. They cover all the news, factually impartially.

dav4463
04-17-2009, 06:17 AM
FOX RATINGS SURGE ON PROTEST COVERAGE
8-11 PM ET

FOXNEWS 3,390,000
MSNBC 1,210,000
CNN 1,070,000
CNN HEADLINE 909,000

Bubba X
04-17-2009, 06:56 AM
FOX RATINGS SURGE ON PROTEST COVERAGE
8-11 PM ET

FOXNEWS 3,390,000
MSNBC 1,210,000
CNN 1,070,000
CNN HEADLINE 909,000

Well this just proves the Main Stream Media bias argument is just a lot of bull, correct?

What can be more mainstream than a network with more viewers than its three main competitors, combined?

prospector
04-17-2009, 07:55 AM
Well this just proves the Main Stream Media bias argument is just a lot of bull, correct?

What can be more mainstream than a network with more viewers than its three main competitors, combined?
four mainstream media covering the truth..

dav4463
04-19-2009, 06:46 AM
We are told by the other three that the one on top is the one that is "out of touch".

Canarsie
04-19-2009, 10:01 AM
canarsie, i find it interesting that you had to all the way back to 1-31-08, to find fault with Hannity and Coulter. :ThmbDown:

The point is if you say something stick to your guns. I'm a middle of the road type of guy neither side can ever be 100% right and history shows that. Hannity cracks me up screaming about spending and then there's an advertiser on his show saying you can a wheelchair for free with mediccare money. If he was so righteous he would say don't put that crap on my show. Look at the products he endorses not that I blame him for making a buck this is the greatest country in the world.

I stick with the phony label I much prefer Mark Levin at least he stands his ground.

boxcar
04-19-2009, 10:32 AM

No, it's not correct. What it is far more likely "proving" is that independent-minded, thinking people reject the marked bias of the other three by viewing the top rated channel -- pretty much the same way people flat out reject liberal talk shows. However, this does not put FNC in the "mainstream" because the mainstream media dominates in terms of its sheer numbers and, therefore, its number of viewers in the aggregate. The ratio of liberal rags is substantially greater to conservative-oriented newspapers. Ditto for TV news, etc. The only aspect of the news media conservatives might dominate, in terms of numbers, are radio talk shows. But interestingly even here, libs generally dismiss these shows as nothing more than mere entertainment -- certainly not news or even serious news commentary! The idea here is that libs like to portray conservatives as, perhaps, having better entertainers (albeit "biased"), while crediting the mainstream media with "real, unbiased news reporting".

Boxcar

JustRalph
04-19-2009, 11:31 AM
The point is if you say something stick to your guns. I'm a middle of the road type of guy neither side can ever be 100% right and history shows that. Hannity cracks me up screaming about spending and then there's an advertiser on his show saying you can a wheelchair for free with mediccare money. If he was so righteous he would say don't put that crap on my show. Look at the products he endorses not that I blame him for making a buck this is the greatest country in the world.

I stick with the phony label I much prefer Mark Levin at least he stands his ground.

That's not the way it works....... he doesn't have control over every spot on his show. Some are controlled by the Hannity show, some are controlled by the local station and they may be selling some to the network along the way

Hannity is a little much for me........ but he is what he is......and it works. He is very successful.

Rookies
04-19-2009, 12:12 PM
That's not the way it works....... he doesn't have control over every spot on his show. Some are controlled by the Hannity show, some are controlled by the local station and they may be selling some to the network along the way

Hannity is a little much for me........ but he is what he is......and it works. He is very successful.

Hannity is a little much for me........ :ThmbUp:

Ralph- serious question.

Do Hannity's viewers and fellow travellers think he's in the entertainment biz & and therefore deliberately distorts or hypes up the days' news ( like Carville) or do they think he's just a colourful, but straight news guy ?

Tom
04-19-2009, 12:34 PM
He's not news.

PaceAdvantage
04-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Straight news is supposed to be the CNN woman interviewing the guy at the Tea Party rally, then for some unfathomable reason, interjecting HER POINT, as if that mattered one iota...

Straight news is not Hannity...and apparently, straight news is not CNN either...

But, as always, Fox is referred to as Faux news...and you guys who harbor such opinions think you have street cred? Laughable...

jballscalls
04-19-2009, 09:44 PM
there is no straight news anywhere on TV or print, they all have an agenda. That lady on CNN might have been the bottom of the barrel

Tom
04-19-2009, 10:35 PM
FOX had some footage of that alleged reporter arranging people with signs to get the shots she wanted.