PDA

View Full Version : Bad Karma or Irony?

tribecaagent
04-14-2009, 09:50 AM
In the last two weeks, Larry Jones has lost Proud Spell and Old Fashioned to injury.

Does this barn have a "black cloud" hanging over heading into the Derby or is this just another part of the irony that's in store?

Bettowin
04-14-2009, 10:09 AM
What happened to Proud Spell? I hadn't heard.

OTM Al
04-14-2009, 10:13 AM
Nothing ironic about it or from some "black cloud". These are high end animals who are more valuable breeding than racing. Any kind of injury and they are gone.

tribecaagent
04-14-2009, 10:17 AM
Nothing ironic about it or from some "black cloud". These are high end animals who are more valuable breeding than racing. Any kind of injury and they are gone.

Do you believe in hot & cold streaks? That is my point.

Bettowin
04-14-2009, 10:24 AM
I found the article on why the retired her and that is right. More valuable in the barn than on the track. At least they made the decision to race her this year but it didn't work out. She could come back but the races they were pointing her toward wouldn't fit the set back schedule. Oh well, at least I have quite a few pictures of her in what turned out to be her last race.

JustRalph
04-14-2009, 11:58 AM
TVG said last night that she already did the dirty dance with Indian Charlie a week ago...........

kenwoodallpromos
04-14-2009, 12:48 PM
"Horsebreeding TV", "Breeding Hall of Fame", "Thoroughraced", (at 3), "Breedtrack", "Racing to the breeding shed", "We're pointing him toward the Breeding Barn Stakes". :lol:
When will "Triple Crown Winner" mean the SIRE of a winner of all 3 of the TC races?
Seriously, has that been done since 1978?

joanied
04-14-2009, 01:23 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/50192/champion-proud-spell-retired

Above is the link to the story. She developed an infection in an ankle...they've had her on the farm for some weeks now.
justralph says she's already been bred to Indian Charlie...which is no surprise, I guess.
I am bummed...I kinda knew this was coming, but I sure will miss that little dynamo.

As for Larry J having a dark cloud over his barn...let's not even go there, please...I hope the Sun shines on him from now until the day he does retire...this man has no bad karma:ThmbUp:

Bettowin
04-14-2009, 01:42 PM
TVG said last night that she already did the dirty dance with Indian Charlie a week ago...........

No dinner or drinks first? What a ho:)

Shelby
04-14-2009, 01:55 PM
No dinner or drinks first? What a ho:)

OMG :lol::lol::lol:

WinterTriangle
04-14-2009, 08:09 PM
As for Larry J having a dark cloud over his barn...let's not even go there, please...I hope the Sun shines on him from now until the day he does retire...this man has no bad karma:ThmbUp:

As I said in another thread, how many horses has Jones trained since 1982? Thousands?

If you talk to anyone even around the tracks who has ever worked for, with, or dealt with Jones, he's one of the "good guys" in racing. A person like that could hardly have bad karma. :)