PDA

View Full Version : Back to Gulfstream....visit

1st time lasix
04-13-2009, 01:26 PM
Went to GP Friday and Saturday. Much better opportunity for seating and view of the races than when they first re-opened. Recall I was highly critical of the management at that time for basically removing the racing experience for their live patrons. Of course there is no way they will ever host another Breeder's Cup without a grandstand....but there are a few more seats and their Two Palms restaurant gives you some prime seating assuming you want to pay 27 bucks for their buffet. The area area around the paddock with five-to eight rows of public "stadium" seating is very nice. They have a ticki hut bar set up near the first turn. Their premium box suites are not available for just day ticket rental. Guess they rent for the season and they all seemed empty. Of course many of the best simulcast seats are reserved for their regulars....but that was ok since i wanted to see some live horses since i was there. Enjoyed it.

onefast99
04-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Went to GP Friday and Saturday. Much better opportunity for seating and view of the races than when they first re-opened. Recall I was highly critical of the management at that time for basically removing the racing experience for their live patrons. Of course there is no way they will ever host another Breeder's Cup without a grandstand....but there are a few more seats and their Two Palms restaurant gives you some prime seating assuming you want to pay 27 bucks for their buffet. The area area around the paddock with five-to eight rows of public "stadium" seating is very nice. They have a ticki hut bar set up near the first turn. Their premium box suites are not available for just day ticket rental. Guess they rent for the season and they all seemed empty. Of course many of the best simulcast seats are reserved for their regulars....but that was ok since i wanted to see some live horses since i was there. Enjoyed it.
The premium boxes are all taken during the meet, there is one or two that you may be able to rent for the day depending on the size of the crowd. The buffet is actaully pretty good. If you sit outside you can order from Christine Lee's the food is excellent and not touched by or made by Aramark.