PDA

View Full Version : Thank You President Obama

Bubba X
04-13-2009, 03:42 AM
Demonstrating patience, persistence and decisiveness, President Obama's first foreign crisis has ended successfully with the freeing of Capt. Phillips off the coast of Somalia.

Joe Biden was right. Obama was tested early in his first term. And Biden was right again when he predicted Obama would meet the challenge.

Thank you PResident Obama.

Burls
04-13-2009, 04:11 AM
Better yet, Ann Coulter lets everyone know what an ass she really is by loudly proclaiming on television, mere hours before the snipers acted, that Obama had failed his first international crisis test. :lol:

boxcar
04-13-2009, 07:11 AM
And I thank you, Lord, as sovereign Ruler of the Heavens and the Earth for mercifully showing the light to President Obama. I thank you for delivering the president from his fanciful, unrealistic, delusional and godless vision for a globalized, state-controlled utopia (even if your deliverance was only temporary to achieve your sovereign purposes) and for enabling the president to finally see that this despicable act of piracy on the high seas was a criminal act against all mankind that demanded nothing less than decisive military action, and not some misguided, ill-conceived court-ordered police search warrant and subsequent attempts at arrest and Mirandizing of the pirates as though they were mere common criminals. Thank you, dear Lord, for graciously delivering this heroic captain from the aforementioned twin evils; for truly, truly this sinful nation is undeserving of your kindness. Amen.

Boxcar

Tom
04-13-2009, 07:38 AM
Thank the Navy and the Seals, whose budget Barry seeks to cut.
Thank those brave guys for not leaving the military after a man who dissed them and called them horrendous things became their CNC.

We are cutting their budget yet building a choo choo train for Dingy Harry and supporting mice for Pelosi, and UpChuck Schumer calls all that pork "chump change." Kinda makes you wonder where the priorities are.

I'll save my thanks for OBama. As others here said about Bush, he did not serve and now he sits at home and sends others into harms way to do his work for him. Extra credit if you remember who said that.

Tampa Russ
04-13-2009, 08:02 AM
Demonstrating patience, persistence and decisiveness, President Obama's first foreign crisis has ended successfully with the freeing of Capt. Phillips off the coast of Somalia.

Joe Biden was right. Obama was tested early in his first term. And Biden was right again when he predicted Obama would meet the challenge.

Biden's right? I thought he was left? I'm confused.

Seriously, this reminds me of Gruden and his first season in Tampa Bay. He wins the Super Bowl with a team that isn't really his. A few seasons later, all respect for the man is lost.

Tampa Russ
04-13-2009, 08:08 AM
Better yet, Ann Coulter lets everyone know what an ass she really is by loudly proclaiming on television, mere hours before the snipers acted, that Obama had failed his first international crisis test. :lol:

I'm one conservative who is just tired of her act. Maybe she'll shut up for a while now that she has both feet stuck in her mouth. Of course she won't....

cj's dad
04-13-2009, 08:50 AM
BO had one option and one only - let the US Navy handle the matter in the manner they see fit.

Such a tough decision to make. May this be the worst ordeal he has to face.

prospector
04-13-2009, 09:02 AM
yea, but did he really need 17 meetings to make the correct decision?
most people were tired of it dragging on..
now they need to take out the homeport..

Marshall Bennett
04-13-2009, 09:29 AM
If this is the biggest crisis Obama ever has to deal with he'll be fine . As for this most recent effort , I give him a D- .

ArlJim78
04-13-2009, 09:37 AM
all credit for resolving this thing goes to Capt Phillips and the crew of the Navy vessels. frankly, signing an order authorizing action in case the captains life was in danger is a given. No? does the president need to be congratulated for that? was there another option? the captain was in danger the whole time.

where I thought the president failed was at that meeting where he had a chance to say a couple of words to the nation about the issue and he would have none of it. "We're here to talk about housing". really? where was the leadership? where was a couple of sentences saying that he was hopeful for a peaceful end to the standoff and that he had full confidence in the Navy and that his thoughts are with the captain. you know something benign and reassuring like you would expect from the president.

Tape Reader
04-13-2009, 09:49 AM
Call me cynical but I see it another way. IMO, when the captain, a cool thinking professional, jumped in the water on Friday and manager to swim a few yards, he thought that would give the Navy an opportunity to blow the boat out of the water.

But no. The Navy was under orders from Washington to "make nice." Only when this really started going down hill were they given the opportunity to use real guns.

dutchboy
04-13-2009, 09:53 AM
The Somali "pirates" started as a group whose goal was to defend their coastline from countries and companies who would send ships to dump barrels of nuclear and chemical waste off the coast since no one was there to defend the country when the Somali gov't broke down in the mid 90's.

Now huge fishing trawlers are invading Somali waters to steal their seafood products. The ransom shipping companies are paying is probably far cheaper than what it would have cost to properly dispose of the waste or to legally harvest the seafood.

Tom
04-13-2009, 10:07 AM
This ship was carrying relief supplies to Kenya. The pirates knew it. They have an elaborate spy network to find out what ships are carrying and target them.

This is not defense by any stretch. This is piracy on the high seas and completely unacceptable. As we saw the other day, they have stolen ships and hostages - no excuse for that. That is an act of war.

Greyfox
04-13-2009, 10:26 AM

Tested? If he couldn't pass that test what could he pass?
Facing down a rubber ducky type dinghy with a battle ship should lead to a "no-brainer" outcome. Any other result would have been a joke. Only the media blew the whole fiasco into an international crisis. I think Biden was predicting more than this tempest in a tea-pot.

JustRalph
04-13-2009, 10:26 AM
yep, he passed a test. By doing nothing. Let the Navy handle it. I applaud him for not getting in the way.

Which is what he did about the Korean missile, he didn't get in the way.

check out this article on challenges to obama

http://townhall.com/columnists/CharlesKrauthammer/2009/04/10/its_your_country_too,_mr_president

"Rules must be binding. Violations must be punished. Words must mean something. The world must stand together to prevent the spread of these weapons. Now is the time for a strong international response."

A more fatuous presidential call to arms is hard to conceive. What "strong international response" did Obama muster to North Korea's brazen defiance of a Chapter 7 --"binding," as it were -- U.N. resolution prohibiting such a launch?

The obligatory emergency Security Council session produced nothing. No sanctions. No resolution. Not even a statement. China and Russia professed to find no violation whatsoever. They would not even permit a U.N. statement that dared express "concern," let alone condemnation.

Having thus bravely rallied the international community and summoned the U.N. -- a fiction and a farce, respectively -- what was Obama's further response? The very next day, his defense secretary announced drastic cuts in missile defense, including halting further deployment of Alaska-based interceptors designed precisely to shoot down North Korean ICBMs. Such is the "realism" Obama promised to restore to U.S. foreign policy.

He certainly has a vision. Rather than relying on America's unique technological edge in missile defenses to provide a measure of nuclear safety, Obama will instead boldly deploy the force of example. How? By committing his country to disarmament gestures -- such as, he promised his cheering acolytes in Prague, ratifying the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty.

Really, now. How does U.S. ratification of that treaty -- which America has, in any case, voluntarily abided by for 17 years -- cause North Korea to cease and desist, and cause Iran to turn nukes into plowshares?

Obama's other great enthusiasm is renewing disarmament talks with Russia. Good grief. Of all the useless sideshows. Cut each of our arsenals in half and both countries could still, in Churchill's immortal phrase, "make the rubble bounce."

more at the link

ezrabrooks
04-13-2009, 11:21 AM

By the next election cycle, ole Joe will be saying he was on the deck of the Bainbridge, in camo, looking through a sniper scope.

Ez

Bubba X
04-13-2009, 11:24 AM
By the next election cycle, ole Joe will be saying he was on the deck of the Bainbridge, in camo, looking through a sniper scope.

EzSounds better than still looking at Russia from the backyard, no?

Tom
04-13-2009, 11:27 AM
But one is true.
The other is a biden.

JustRalph
04-13-2009, 11:30 AM
If obama want's to make his mark in the strength category he should bomb the Pirates on land now........... they fired rockets at a U.S. Congressman today............they asked for it.

Bubba X
04-13-2009, 11:34 AM
But one is true.

It is nice of you to add YOUR thanks to your President's good day.

boxcar
04-13-2009, 11:40 AM
The Somali "pirates" started as a group whose goal was to defend their coastline from countries and companies who would send ships to dump barrels of nuclear and chemical waste off the coast since no one was there to defend the country when the Somali gov't broke down in the mid 90's.

Now huge fishing trawlers are invading Somali waters to steal their seafood products. The ransom shipping companies are paying is probably far cheaper than what it would have cost to properly dispose of the waste or to legally harvest the seafood.

I bet you could launch a stellar defense for all the Muslim terrorism in the world, couldn't you?

Poor, poor "pirates" (as you would say). Are you attending any of their funerals? Or at least sending flowers and a card? And have you written to your congresscritters demanding a congressional investigation into the murder of these err..."pirates"? And if BO gave the order, shouldn't he be impeached immediately if not sooner!? :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

boxcar
04-13-2009, 11:45 AM
It is nice of you to add YOUR thanks to your President's good day.

You mean...he isn't YOUR president, too? How unpatriotic can you be!?

Boxcar

Bubba X
04-13-2009, 11:52 AM
You mean...he isn't YOUR president, too? How unpatriotic can you be!?

BoxcarSorry for the grammar, man. I'm busy designing that stellar defense you referred to. Should be ready any time now.

boxcar
04-13-2009, 11:57 AM
Sorry for the grammar, man. I'm busy designing that stellar defense you referred to. Should be ready any time now.

You don't have to tell me you're "sorry". Many of us are aware to just what extent you personally are.

Boxcar

Bubba X
04-13-2009, 12:30 PM
You don't have to tell me you're "sorry". Many of us are aware to just what extent you personally are.

BoxcarGo kiss an Arab, son.

boxcar
04-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Go kiss an Arab, son.

I'm not qualified. But you are 'cause you have plenty of work experience sticking your nose under their tents.

Boxcar

Bubba X
04-13-2009, 01:38 PM
I'm not qualified.

Boxcar
No shit. I imagine you've used that a thousand times.

Nice summary of your life.

boxcar
04-13-2009, 02:35 PM
No shit. I imagine you've used that a thousand times.

Nice summary of your life.

Yes, I could succinctly sum up my life with one of my favorite adages: Honesty is the best policy. And this is so whether I be overqualified, unqualified or eminently qualified for a task. Sticking my nose into places where it doesn't belong never appealed to me, so why should I lie to you and tell you differently? Likewise, why should I pretend ignorance about your well established and widely recognized credentials for Arab kissing?

Boxcar

HUSKER55
04-13-2009, 03:10 PM
I am having a tough time imagining BO having anything to do with this rescue.

He is flat not smart enough. That operation was turned over to the Navy and BO is trying to take credit.

Bubba X
04-13-2009, 03:13 PM
Yes, I could succinctly sum up my life with one of my favorite adages: Honesty is the best policy. And this is so whether I be overqualified, unqualified or eminently qualified for a task. Sticking my nose into places where it doesn't belong never appealed to me, so why should I lie to you and tell you differently? Likewise, why should I pretend ignorance about your well established and widely recognized credentials for Arab kissing?

BoxcarEven for you, this is pretty weak. Best to stay in your box. It's safe there. As for Arab kissing, we could all learn a thing or ten from George Bush, that is for certain.

boxcar
04-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Even for you, this is pretty weak. Best to stay in your box. It's safe there. As for Arab kissing, we could all learn a thing or ten from George Bush, that is for certain.

Rumor has it that you taught Bushie everything he know about Arab kissing, and even showed BO the proper way to bow before Arab kings. Nothing like having a niche market monopolized, is there?

Boxcar

Bubba X
04-13-2009, 05:08 PM
Rumor has it that you taught Bushie everything he know about Arab kissing, and even showed BO the proper way to bow before Arab kings. Nothing like having a niche market monopolized, is there?

BoxcarWell, all I know is it would beat having a monopoly on dumbazz. Your expert thoughts?

boxcar
04-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Well, all I know is it would beat having a monopoly on dumbazz. Your expert thoughts?

My thought is that it would take a "dumbazz" to want to monopolize that kind of niche market.

Boxcar

Lefty
04-13-2009, 06:47 PM
Obama said this;
"we are resolved to halt the rise of privacy in that region"
Whaat?
If Bush had said this, it'd be on every comedy show tonight.

Mark Levin said the miltary did not need Obama's permission to rescue an american citizen.
He's a lawyer and constitutional scholar. So Obama did nothing but take credit. Hmmm, sounds like Clinton.

HUSKER55
04-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Hey guys, just curious. Does the US have a plan to prevent pirates or do we just re-act when something goes ari.

Seems to me that now would be the time to arm these ships and take a body count on the pirates.

Does any one know for sure?

Thanks

PaceAdvantage
04-13-2009, 09:26 PM
Some of you guys simply can't refrain from name calling. Both lefties and righties.

Now why did someone not too long ago tell me only righties revert to name calling? It's simply not true.

Oh well, another closed thread.