PDA

View Full Version : The mortgage industry creates stimulus plan for horseplayers

WinterTriangle
04-12-2009, 01:43 AM
I thought this was rather humorous, in a weird kind of way. ;) Can't pay your mortgage? Gamble on horses!

"Fans coming to Santa Anita on the meet's final two Sundays -- April 12 and 19 -- could have their mortgage or rent paid for the month of May, up to $3,500. Interested fans should enter the Santa Anita Stimulus Drawing at any admission gate. One name will be selected each Sunday immediately following the sixth race. The promotion is sponsored by Westside Rentals..."
[handicapper's edge blurb]

senortout
04-12-2009, 02:34 AM
I thought this was rather humorous, in a weird kind of way. ;) Can't pay your mortgage? Gamble on horses!

"Fans coming to Santa Anita on the meet's final two Sundays -- April 12 and 19 -- could have their mortgage or rent paid for the month of May, up to $3,500. Interested fans should enter the Santa Anita Stimulus Drawing at any admission gate. One name will be selected each Sunday immediately following the sixth race. The promotion is sponsored by Westside Rentals..."
[handicapper's edge blurb]

Or, they could lose the mortgage altogether!

CBedo
04-12-2009, 02:45 AM
I was lucky enough to be at Santa Anita last Sunday, and they were running this promotion. They draw like 10 names before the sixth race and announce them. Then I think they drew 1 of the 10 right before the last race. Unfortunately for me, neither my girlfriend or I were picked.

onefast99
04-12-2009, 09:25 AM
That is a good giveaway and a great marketing tool. I am sure many other racetracks will offer up the same promotion this spring and summer.

Tom
04-12-2009, 12:05 PM
Or, they could lose the mortgage altogether!

:lol::lol:

Thomas Roulston
04-13-2009, 04:26 AM
But how about a stimulus package for the tracks themselves?

Such a package might have saved Bay Meadows, as they might have been able to install a syntehtic surface as now required by California law.

And why they don't install a genuine synthetic surface on the Aqueduct inner track is beyond me.