PDA

View Full Version : Pizza trip for Osama

dutchboy
04-11-2009, 11:21 AM
When Osama was campaigning in St Louis he found a pizza he liked. Since security would not allow frozen pizza to be shipped to the White House he had the chef flown 850 miles with the ingredients to have it prepared in the White House.

Lefty
04-11-2009, 11:49 AM
this elitist tells everyone to tighten their belts while he does crap like this.
Was this a frontpage NY Times story? Would have been if Bush did it. You better believe it.

dutchboy
04-11-2009, 11:53 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2372287.ece

DJofSD
04-11-2009, 11:56 AM
This is the same joker that was telling CEOs to fly commercial airlines, right?

Smacks of do as I say and not do as I do.

Greyfox
04-11-2009, 12:11 PM
I don't like Obama for a lot of reasons, but I'm not sure that this one fits.

I don't read anywhere that Obama flew the pizza man in.
I suspect the pizza guy probably came to Washington on his own ticket and offered to make it for Obama at the White House.

Boats
04-11-2009, 12:28 PM
You right wing nuts will believe anything. If you've ever been to UK you know the Sun is about 2 grades the supermarket tabloids. The best thing about the Sun is the picture on page 3.

This might give a better picture
http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2009/04/10/right-wing-slams-barack-obama-for-ordering-pizza-really/

NJ Stinks
04-11-2009, 12:36 PM
When your source is Rupert Murdoch owned (The Sun), you need to watch where you step. From aol.com:

__________________________________________________ _______

Right Wing Slams Barack Obama For Ordering Pizza. Really.

By Tommy Christopher (http://news.aol.com/political-machine/bloggers/tommy-christopher/)
Apr 10th 2009 12:56PM

Apparently, there is no story small enough for the right to try and discredit the President with. Prominent conservative blog Ace of Spades really lays into Barack Obama (http://minx.cc/?post=285771) for, of all things, ordering pizza. I wish I was kidding. Unfortunately, he left out some important facts. Here's the thrust of Ace of Spades' Pizza-Gate (http://minx.cc/?post=285771):What a douchetool. (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1168940/Obamas-fly-chef-860-miles-White-House--just-make-pizza.html)

How much does Obama love his pizza? So much that he is willing to fly a chef 860 miles to Washington D.C. to make him a personal pizza.

When you're the president of the United States, only the best pizza will do - even if that means flying a chef 860 miles. Chris Sommers, 33, jetted into Washington from St Louis, Missouri, on Thursday with a suitcase of dough, cheese and pans to to prepare food for the Obamas and their staff.

He had apparently been handpicked after the President had tasted his pizzas on the campaign trail last autumn.

Hey, you guys know what says you are really sincere about this whole Global Warming thing that you want to use to justify an economy crushing cap and trade program? Jetting a dude across the country to make you a freaking pie.

He goes on to suggest that Obama is flouting the recession with this extravagance, and suggests a local pizzeria for the President to use.

This is stupid on its face, but when I actually called Chris Sommers' restaurant, Pi (http://restaurantpi.com/), it got so much worse for Ace's scandal.
I spoke with the restaurant's manager, John Fitzgerald, and he gave me some things that we call "facts," ones that cast Sommers' trip in an entirely different light.

The best one is the first: Ace of Spades slammed Obama's environmental cred for "jetting in" Pi's chef, making it seem as though the guy was hopping a private gulfstream, or worse, partying down on Air Force One.

In fact, Chris Sommers flew commercial.
Not only that, he flew coach.
Not only that, he had already planned a business trip to DC, so the restaurant paid for his travel!
More at the link:

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2009/04/10/right-wing-slams-barack-obama-for-ordering-pizza-really/

NJ Stinks
04-11-2009, 12:39 PM
You right wing nuts will believe anything. If you've ever been to UK you know the Sun is about 2 grades the supermarket tabloids. The best thing about the Sun is the picture on page 3.

This might give a better picture

Sorry, Boats. I missed the fact that you already covered this.:blush:

Tom
04-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Who paid for the pie?

banacek
04-11-2009, 03:12 PM
When Osama was campaigning in St Louis he found a pizza he liked. Since security would not allow frozen pizza to be shipped to the White House he had the chef flown 850 miles with the ingredients to have it prepared in the White House.

I'm not a fan of the off-topic on this forum, but calling the President of the United States Osama is over the line. You are free to hate him, hate his policies, but he is the president.

Tom
04-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Yes, terrible!

3YaRpx3LphI

Greyfox
04-11-2009, 03:22 PM
But that was a Freudian "sip."

Tom
04-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Is he off the bridge again?
Uh, uh the wagon?

Marshall Bennett
04-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Both ... somewhat derailed .

jballscalls
04-11-2009, 04:08 PM
I agree that it's not cool to call obama, osama. in fact its pretty ridiculous

dutchboy
04-11-2009, 05:26 PM
My spellcheck must not work.

I agree that it's not cool to call obama, osama. in fact its pretty ridiculous

Rookies
04-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Apparently, there is no story small enough for the right to try and discredit the President with.

NOT HERE !

If he, Michelle or the kids used a differnt bathroom, used the White House BBQ, you know the usual Windbag zealots here would find something to whine about.

That's all they've got ! The old Goebbel's school of repeating the same lies over and over until the public believes them have a few adherents here.

Unfortunately for them, those of us grounded in reality are going to challenge every bogus source... and internet con- every time.

jballscalls
04-11-2009, 06:11 PM
My spellcheck must not work.

that must be what it was, cause the B and S are not exactly close to each other on the keyboard

Lefty
04-11-2009, 07:52 PM
you leftwingers can dish it but you just can't take it. Apparantley there was no story small enough to discredit Bush either.
As far as over the line, you didn't think it was over the line to call a graduate of both harvard and Yale dumb and stupid. and how many times was he called hitler or compared to Hitler? I lost count.
There ya go...

jballscalls
04-11-2009, 08:14 PM
you leftwingers can dish it but you just can't take it. Apparantley there was no story small enough to discredit Bush either.
As far as over the line, you didn't think it was over the line to call a graduate of both harvard and Yale dumb and stupid. and how many times was he called hitler or compared to Hitler? I lost count.
There ya go...

If someone compared bush to hitler thats over the line too. questioning bush or obama's intelligence is one thing, comparing them to mass murderers is quite another.

Steve 'StatMan'
04-11-2009, 08:29 PM
If someone compared bush to hitler thats over the line too. questioning bush or obama's intelligence is one thing, comparing them to mass murderers is quite another.

I agree. Unfortunately, we had some here calling Bush who were making the mass murderer comparisons, because there were - unfortunately, but to many of us, understandably - civilian deaths in Iraq and Afganistan.

chickenhead
04-11-2009, 08:33 PM
you leftwingers can dish it but you just can't take it.

Always the retort in these endless circle-jerks. "I'm not really a misinformed fool, I just pretend to be one! As payback!"

Over time, most people don't really care how others rationalize their behavior. People that show over and again they have no interest in any type of interesting conversation, who always attempt to bring everything to some kind of partisan slander -- are going to be looked at as annoying and boorish by most people I'd think. I'd hope.

NJ Stinks
04-11-2009, 11:14 PM
Just wanted to say that I wasn't coming around here during most of Bush bashing while he was president.

But it's hard to imagine it was this brutal less than 3 months in office.

Lefty
04-11-2009, 11:27 PM
stinks, it got brutal before Bush even took office.

JB, IF someone called Bush Hitler? IF? Where were you?

PaceAdvantage
04-12-2009, 12:09 AM
I'm not a fan of the off-topic on this forum, but calling the President of the United States Osama is over the line. You are free to hate him, hate his policies, but he is the president.Oh for the love of God, please, please give it up already....

The BAR WAS SET when Bush was President...he was called every name in the book around here...

Calling Obama OSAMA is simply following in the grand fashion of one Senior Senator from Massachusetts.

Dahoss9698
04-12-2009, 12:24 AM
LOL....you guys still believe in the Easter Bunny too?