PDA

View Full Version : Rove/Biden

highnote
04-10-2009, 08:03 PM
Lefty,

Hell no I wouldn't have picked Biden as V.P. and I sure as hell wouldn't have picked Palin, either.

Why is the first rove/biden thread closed?

js

Lefty
04-10-2009, 10:15 PM
swety, you wouldn't but Obama did. that's the point. obama either didn't know which makes him a dunce or he didn't care which makes him immoral.
Thread seemed pretty tame so far. don't know why it got shut down so fast.

highnote
04-11-2009, 12:25 AM
swety, you wouldn't but Obama did. that's the point. obama either didn't know which makes him a dunce or he didn't care which makes him immoral.

Just because you and I wouldn't have picked Biden doesn't mean Biden wasn't the right choice for the ticket.

Using your logic, then you would have to say that all presidential contenders who pick running mates are either immoral or dunces.

Hey, you may have a point. :D

Lefty
04-11-2009, 12:44 AM
No swety, to pick a vp that lies about facts that can be easily checked, then you are immoral or a dunce. thass whut i said, m'boy.

highnote
04-11-2009, 01:06 AM
No swety, to pick a vp that lies about facts that can be easily checked, then you are immoral or a dunce. thass whut i said, m'boy.

Never let the facts get in the way of choosing a running mate, I always like to say. :D

Spiro Agnew, Dan Quayle, Dick Cheney, Sarah Palin -- I have to hand it to the Repubs, they know how to pick 'em, too. :eek: ;)

Actually, I kind of liked Dan Quayle and Sarah Palin. I liked Bush, Sr. under Reagan.

Mr. Congeniality, Dick Cheney, was tough to warm up to, though.

rastajenk
04-11-2009, 01:48 AM
Cheney knows how power politics in Washington works better than any Veep since LBJ, at least, maybe going back farther than that. For all the cheap shots that he had to take, he was a valuable asset for W. Can't really say that about Home Depot Joe.

Lefty
04-11-2009, 02:41 AM
swety, did those repub choices you named have a long history of telling outrageous lies like Biden? I think not.

ezrabrooks
04-11-2009, 08:36 AM
Remember all of the doomsdayers who said what could happen with Sara Palin being a heartbeat from the presidency? Wow..now we have, a heartbeat from the presidency, a ignoramus who doesn't know the difference between truth, exaggeration or fiction...nor the time or place to try to disclose same. Joe Biden is an embarrassment to all Americans.

Ez

highnote
04-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Joe Biden is an embarrassment to all Americans.

I think it is incorrect to say "all Americans".

He is not an embarrassment to me.

ezrabrooks
04-11-2009, 11:50 AM
I think it is incorrect to say "all Americans".

He is not an embarrassment to me.

Our VP is a joke...and it is not an embarrassment to you? Blinkers On!! Gaffes are one thing..but, constant lying and exaggeration are way over the line.

Ez

NJ Stinks
04-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Our VP is a joke...and it is not an embarrassment to you? Blinkers On!! Gaffes are one thing..but, constant lying and exaggeration are way over the line.

Ez

I like Joe Biden a lot.

Ez, constant lying? Are you kidding me? Rove went back to 1987 to find another example and that one could easily have been an error of omission.

I should lie as much. :rolleyes:

ezrabrooks
04-11-2009, 12:56 PM
I like Joe Biden a lot.

Ez, constant lying? Are you kidding me? Rove went back to 1987 to find another example and that one could easily have been an error of omission.

I should lie as much. :rolleyes:

1987? You can go back to the last campaign, and run out of fingers counting his falsehoods. Not errors of omission....just ole Joe exercising his right to be a loud mouth. I have no problem if you like the guy, but I do think he is an embarrassment to the office.

Ez

highnote
04-11-2009, 01:59 PM

Ez

Why should I be embarrassed over something someone else does -- or what others think someone is doing?

Why get embarrassed over people or things which we have no control?

Tom
04-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Embarrassing that a supposedly intelligent nation would put such a total jerk in the second highest office. The guy is not as smart as oatmeal.

JustRalph
04-11-2009, 04:01 PM
When Republican plagiarizes something their careers are over

When a Dem does it they make him vice prez

Lefty
04-11-2009, 07:57 PM
swety, i'm embarrased by him because he goes around the worl representing America. I'm an American, and I'm embarrased by Joe.

Tom
04-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Lefty, I'm a human and I'm embarrassed by him.
I swear, pigeons laugh at him!

PaceAdvantage
04-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Why is the first rove/biden thread closed?Is it me? Really, is it me?

You really have to ask this question? The answer should be frighteningly obvious.

Try reading the closed thread again, all the way through, then come back and tell me if you haven't just answered your own question.

If you still need an answer from me, I'll be happy to spell it out for you, but I think you might be able to get this one on your own.

highnote
04-11-2009, 11:38 PM
Is it me? Really, is it me?

You really have to ask this question? The answer should be frighteningly obvious.

Try reading the closed thread again, all the way through, then come back and tell me if you haven't just answered your own question.

If you still need an answer from me, I'll be happy to spell it out for you, but I think you might be able to get this one on your own.

I must have missed it. I quickly scanned through the thread. I'll look again. Thanks.

highnote
04-12-2009, 12:36 AM

Lefty, I went back and re-read the thread. I've read worse in off-topic.

Maybe there was something in the videos?

I tend to the liberal side, so maybe that explains it -- it is thought that we're not the brightest creatures on the planet. :D

Plus, I have been doubley cursed -- I also have blonde hair -- at least what's left of it. :bang:

Dannyboy
04-12-2009, 01:15 AM
I must have missed it. I quickly scanned through the thread. I'll look again. Thanks.

A guy called Tom a crybaby and posted a picture of a little boy crying. That's a big no no probably. That's what got the thread closed. Tom threatened legal action

Another guy said to Tom

'you got one thing right, everything in off topic is about you"

That's definitely a no no I would bet. Despite the fact its true. The guy needs to stfu once an a while. Maybe light dawns on marble head that the world could use a bit less of him?

But the moderator makes sure that Tummy gets the kid glove treatment.

PaceAdvantage
04-12-2009, 02:22 AM
Dannyboy, always the charmer...the thread was closed because it was way off topic and it turned into another shitfest between Dahoss and Tom.

Everyone is bored with that at this point...

You guys really need ME to spell this easy stuff out for you?