PDA

View Full Version : Another high government official disparages America

mostpost
04-08-2009, 08:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK6s0XtiQfs

Sen. James Inhofe of Oklahoma on the tarmac in Afghanistan criticizing the Defense budget.
Who does this guy think he is? Going to a foreign country and a war zone and undermining the Commander-in Chief. Sounds like treason to me! What happened to politics ends at the waters edge? I have more to say, but I'm going to step aside because I know Tom and many of his friends are outraged about this and anxious to condemn Sen. Imhofe. ...Hello...anyone out there? ....Hello..

Tom
04-08-2009, 08:41 PM
The guy is totally out of line.
You don't air your dirty laundry out in other countries.

Don't think for a minute I am defending Bummy. He smells worse than three day old fish. But abroad, he represents the USA, however poorly. And this loony bin does not. We have one president and he is the only one who speaks for us, no matter how poorly. Even if some us do not consider him our president.

Now I gotta go take a shower and lie down.

ArlJim78
04-08-2009, 08:49 PM
how is he disparaging America? he's addressing Americans and saying the same things that he says on the floor of the senate and his topic is in support of the US defense department.

trust me he is not going to be the only person in congress trying to undermine the president on the defense department cuts. there is a long line for that.

Lefty
04-08-2009, 09:22 PM
critcizing the defense budget is not criticizing America.
Saying America is arrogent, is criticizing America.
But liberals are notorious in not understanding things like, nuance, context and proportionality.

Warren Henry
04-08-2009, 09:30 PM
While I probably agree with his stand, he picked a really poor place to make his speech. If he wanted a military backdrop for his comments, we have plenty of military bases in our own country where he could have posed on the tarmac.

There is a time and a place for everything. He was in the wrong place.

mostpost
04-08-2009, 10:23 PM
critcizing the defense budget is not criticizing America.
Saying America is arrogent, is criticizing America.
But liberals are notorious in not understanding things like, nuance, context and proportionality.

It's not about criticizing the defense budget. As Warren Henry said, it's about the venue. Had Inhofe said the same thing on the floor of the Senate or anywhere in America I would not have criticized him. I would have disagreed, but only on substance.
Saying America is arrogant is a discussion of attitude, it has nothing to do with policy. Criticism of the defense budget is a discussion of policy. It has no place in a foreign land and particularly in a war zone. Or is that too nuanced for you?

You talk about context. Shall we look at Inhofe's remarks in the context of the large number of military contractor's in Oklahoma? Did he make them in the context of his "So called" concern for our troops in Afghanistan. Or is he more concerned about his contributors in thew military industrial complex than he is about the men of the military.

mostpost
04-08-2009, 10:31 PM
The guy is totally out of line.
You don't air your dirty laundry out in other countries.

Don't think for a minute I am defending Bummy. He smells worse than three day old fish. But abroad, he represents the USA, however poorly. And this loony bin does not. We have one president and he is the only one who speaks for us, no matter how poorly. Even if some us do not consider him our president.

Now I gotta go take a shower and lie down.

SUN RISES IN WEST
CUBS WIN WORLD SERIES
CAT MARRIES DOG
TOM AGREES (mostly)WITH MOSTPOST

this is so confusing:confused: :confused: :confused:

Warren Henry
04-08-2009, 11:08 PM
SUN RISES IN WEST
CUBS WIN WORLD SERIES
CAT MARRIES DOG
TOM AGREES (mostly)WITH MOSTPOST

this is so confusing:confused: :confused: :confused:

Just goes to show that even if you are on the left, sometimes you can be right.

Now, my head hurts.

Tom
04-09-2009, 08:03 AM
Also of concern - Prez of Brazil insults blue-eyed white people and Bummy is silent. One might wonder, does Bummy represent white people?

Black Caucus, racist faction of congress, goes to Cuba, praises a dictator, diss the USA and no outrage? How low will a stinking dem sink for poltical gain?

Surely you agree here, MP.

prospector
04-09-2009, 10:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK6s0XtiQfs

Sen. James Inhofe of Oklahoma on the tarmac in Afghanistan criticizing the Defense budget.
Who does this guy think he is? Going to a foreign country and a war zone and undermining the Commander-in Chief. Sounds like treason to me! What happened to politics ends at the waters edge? I have more to say, but I'm going to step aside because I know Tom and many of his friends are outraged about this and anxious to condemn Sen. Imhofe. ...Hello...anyone out there? ....Hello..

Commander-in Chief to some, Comrade in chief to others..
but he should have said it here..on april 15th washington may wish it had a missile defense system..this tax day thing is growing..

JustRalph
04-09-2009, 05:02 PM
It's not about criticizing the defense budget. As Warren Henry said, it's about the venue.

So you felt the Dixie Chicks were out of line huh?

Me too.............

ddog
04-09-2009, 05:06 PM
chicks were fine and the imhofe deal , it's all about nothing.

imhofe hasn't had anything worth saying for 10 years, neither did the chicks.

As to the evil "blue eyes" , yeah, didn't hear it but agree , gas 'em all.

Marshall Bennett
04-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Chicks are a bunch of overpaid hens . :ThmbDown: