PDA

View Full Version : Jockey school

jognlope
04-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Hats off to these kids at McCarron's school:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/videos/watch/598E89C7-AB30-4167-A5ED-90BA43578435

strapper
04-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Wouldn't any aspiring jock like to have the great Chris McCarron as his/her prof? Hats off to Mc teaching future race riders the craft. There comes a time in everyone's life when you have to give back to the next generation. We could all learn from his example here. Not that I'm the greatest handicapper but I find myself now wanting to share whatever knowledge I've gleaned in the last 30-40 years to the younger set.

JustRalph
04-08-2009, 04:11 PM
Let's not forget that a member of PACEADVANTAGE Dr. Reid McClellan

wrote a huge portion of the curriculum for this school..............

He deserves much credit.............

sandpit
04-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Jerry Bailey is doing the same thing for us handicappers, hawking his book and DVD.

BillW
04-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Let's not forget that a member of PACEADVANTAGE Dr. Reid McClellan

wrote a huge portion of the curriculum for this school..............

He deserves much credit.............

:ThmbUp:

I had the privilege of "sitting in" on a class last year at the McCarron school on invitation of Reid. A very enjoyable and educational day.

Hopefully I'll catch up with Reid in the next week or so.

JustRalph
04-08-2009, 08:26 PM
:ThmbUp:

I had the privilege of "sitting in" on a class last year at the McCarron school on invitation of Reid. A very enjoyable and educational day.

Hopefully I'll catch up with Reid in the next week or so.

fill him in on my absence and tell him hey........ :ThmbUp:

BillW
04-08-2009, 08:37 PM
fill him in on my absence and tell him hey........ :ThmbUp:

Will do

Rocklane
04-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Who are the graduates?

strapper
04-10-2009, 11:05 AM
I have never understood why Louisiana hasn't opened a jockey school with our great heritage of producing jockeys. It seems most of the top new riders are coming up from foreign countries and that's a crying shame. We could still turn out some great riders if horse racing got the exposure it deserves.

Quagmire
04-10-2009, 11:09 AM
I have never understood why Louisiana hasn't opened a jockey school with our great heritage of producing jockeys. It seems most of the top new riders are coming up from foreign countries and that's a crying shame. We could still turn out some great riders if horse racing got the exposure it deserves.

Don't forget Joe Talamo.

I recently read an exellent book on the subject of Louisiana jocks and racing in general called "Cajun Racing".

JustRalph
04-10-2009, 05:22 PM
Who are the graduates?

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/49520/jockey-notches-win-in-first-start

mannyberrios
04-10-2009, 05:53 PM
I have never understood why Louisiana hasn't opened a jockey school with our great heritage of producing jockeys. It seems most of the top new riders are coming up from foreign countries and that's a crying shame. We could still turn out some great riders if horse racing got the exposure it deserves.:1:Good question! Alot of great jocks come from there. There is a great jockey school in Puerto Rico, and alot of great jockeys come from there.

BUD
04-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Love the good stories. Isn't Chris from Boston?

Seems very good--Bill - Wow am my jealous------Can this be like make a wish PA style-----I'd love to have the honor and pleasure of sitting in one day------The Doc says my riding days most likely are behind me now---Maybe if I improve some a walking horse----

Great story---Bet the Jocks of the future are going to be well rounded and ready to excel- Kudos to the Person Ralph mentioned to.