PDA

View Full Version : Will there be outrage this week?

Tom
04-08-2009, 09:42 AM
Pirates have taken a US flagship hostage with Americans aboard.
So far, all I have heard from Bummy is he is taking a laid back day today.

Huh?

American citizens captured by pirates, and the CNC is resting????
Congress is on spring break????

Considering all the outrage over legal bonuses being paid, after being specifically authorized by congress and approved by the prez...over an amount much less than one called "chump change" by a US senator, one would think that there would some sort of response from Washington.

Or is Bummy just bowing again?

ArlJim78
04-08-2009, 09:58 AM
not to worry, Biden is at the helm today.

cj's dad
04-08-2009, 11:24 AM
not to worry, Biden is at the helm today.

yea, but, does he know it ??

More importantly, where is the immediate response by the US military ???

maybe Bo's shooting hoops - working on his game ya know !!

Tom
04-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Just heard a bulletin....American skipper back in charge...no details.

Tom
04-08-2009, 11:38 AM
Local radio reporting the crew overpowered the pirates and threw three of them overboard! 300 miles out to sea, thrown off a very high ship......Woo Hoo.

This is the "who and when to kill method" in action.
Hereafter known as WTKAW, for 46's convenience.;)

kenwoodallpromos
04-08-2009, 12:29 PM
I just saw a CNN vidoe (live) of the head of the ship company- one iof thodr erky-jerky freeze frams stupid videos. How come I could watch the 1969 1st moon landing (If that was real!) but not a decent broadcast from earth?
Unfortunately the answer to piracy, keeping kids safe, and local crime is do it yourself!
I do not believe in irresponsible people carrying around handguns 24/7, but we need a much more extensive and liberal definitioin of "justifiable homicide".

Tom
04-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Three overboard and one in custody.

This is a good opportunity for torture, huh?
Find out where the mother ship is, who they work for, whatever we need to blow them out of the water immediately?
I can't think of thing I would not do to the one we caught. We know he is guilty, we might get some useful intel, we might not. Who cares what happens to the scum bag who hijacked relief supplies for people in dire need?
Is there a form of life lower than this garbage? Squeeze his lemons dry and take what we can get.

The only proper response to piracy is death.

Torture has it's place. THIP, 46, THIP. :D

BlueShoe
04-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Tune to Fox News.We have the ship back.All the crewmen are Americans and were trained in anti pirate tactics.Our next step should be to strike at the the pirate bases and ports.Remember history?We went through this in 1800-1805 with the Tripoli pirates.The response of the nation then was,"Millions for defense,not one penny for tribute".We hit the pirate base hard and the piracy ceased.Do not expect the Obama admininstrtion to react in that manner.

cj's dad
04-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Tune to Fox News.We have the ship back.All the crewmen are Americans and were trained in anti pirate tactics.Our next step should be to strike at the the pirate bases and ports.Remember history?We went through this in 1800-1805 with the Tripoli pirates.The response of the nation then was,"Millions for defense,not one penny for tribute".We hit the pirate base hard and the piracy ceased.Do not expect the Obama admininstrtion to react in that manner.

He'll probably have to check and see if they're muslims first.

ArlJim78
04-08-2009, 01:20 PM
oh man this is the best story since captain Sully landed on the Hudson river.
do it yourself damn it. don't wait for the united nations or the ransom to be paid. also sends a message to other pirates.

Tom
04-08-2009, 02:06 PM
"Millions for defense,not one penny for tribute".

Today, it is "We're sorry."

Sort of plays out nicely next to news stories of Obama apologizing for everything and cutting back military spending.

Russia, China, military build ups, Iran and N Korea collaborating on nukes and missiles......... and us backing off. Amazing.

JustRalph
04-08-2009, 04:07 PM
more and more unemployment

3 huge Parrot's out of work..............

HUSKER55
04-08-2009, 10:32 PM
Tom-you don't really expect BO to do anything do you?

He is busy flying around the world on our nickel. Why are you screwing up his flight plans.

I am positive that the MSM will justify this somehow. Grasshopper,...you need to learn patience.

Valuist
04-08-2009, 10:38 PM

He is busy flying around the world on our nickel. Why are you screwing up his flight plans.

I am positive that the MSM will justify this somehow. Grasshopper,...you need to learn patience.

Funny how government gets involved when they shouldn't (the economy) but when they need to step up, where are they?

I'm sure there's a number of goods that we ship to Somalia that we should completely cut off. Starvation would alter their outlook, one would think. Not fair??? Too damn bad. Police your citizens better, and crap like this would be stopped. I realize there's many innocent in Somalia who would be hurt by a food embargo, but when was life fair? THis is an outrage and I don't see anything that the Somalian government has done to stop these numerous piracies.

Warren Henry
04-08-2009, 11:05 PM
THis is an outrage and I don't see anything that the Somalian government has done to stop these numerous piracies.

What Somalian government? Isn't that the problem? Looks pretty much like anarchy.

mostpost
04-08-2009, 11:15 PM
In an interview with the AP, a man identified by villagers as a pirate, said his gang was not merely a band of ruffians, but a well-organized, business-minded group that also had philanthropic concerns

Thank God!! And here we thought they were just criminals.:rolleyes: :faint:

Rookies
04-08-2009, 11:39 PM
I have been aware of these cretins generally in the area for some time, but I didn't know that piracy was an ever increasing biz. CNN just reported that there were 6 attacks this WEEK and 80 mill in ransom has been paid !

If that's the case, this is a situation of law of the jungle, rather than any pretext of a civilized maritime society. I don't understand why, if the cargo is worth a potential (up to) $ 100 million- as reported, that these companies don't employ well trained mercenaries on every voyage. And yes, a warning not to get within X distance or be blown to hell.

Why aren't they doing that ?

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2009, 04:00 AM
International law states you can't fire unless fired upon? Is that true for non-military vessels?

Tom
04-09-2009, 07:45 AM
I-law also says you can't pirate ships.
So screw I-law.
You do what it takes out there.
I-law is a joke.

toetoe
04-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Religious oppressor that I am, I must know --- are these punks Moslems, Jews, Copts, Presbyterians, Berbers --- wha WHA WHAT ?

Tom
04-09-2009, 12:38 PM
They are TARGETS.

ddog
04-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Funny how government gets involved when they shouldn't (the economy) but when they need to step up, where are they?

I'm sure there's a number of goods that we ship to Somalia that we should completely cut off. Starvation would alter their outlook, one would think. Not fair??? Too damn bad. Police your citizens better, and crap like this would be stopped. I realize there's many innocent in Somalia who would be hurt by a food embargo, but when was life fair? THis is an outrage and I don't see anything that the Somalian government has done to stop these numerous piracies.

Uh, most people before they would starve would turn to piracy as a survival method, don't ya think?

there maybe a certain amount of these pirates that get a kick out of it,just like we have some here that would get a kick out of "the game".

Most of them , i expect are doing it to survive, i think if they were fat and happy then the pirate ranks may diminsh somewhat.

So, if you want to stop them, then send all of them a care package every week.

This is nothing more than the cost of doing business.

let the free market handle it's own problems.

pirates were dealt with long before there was a US Navy, i think the world can handle it ok still.

ddog
04-09-2009, 01:00 PM
In an interview with the AP, a man identified by villagers as a pirate, said his gang was not merely a band of ruffians, but a well-organized, business-minded group that also had philanthropic concerns

Thank God!! And here we thought they were just criminals.:rolleyes: :faint:

one man's criminal is anothers free market opportunist.

ddog
04-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Religious oppressor that I am, I must know --- are these punks Moslems, Jews, Copts, Presbyterians, Berbers --- wha WHA WHAT ?

well as usual you start off track so what.......

they are pirates , a noble profession from the dawn of time.

I doubt the side-show you present has much to do with anything out there.

ddog
04-09-2009, 01:05 PM

I would hope that the gvt stays out of it.

Many of these deals have been solved without the US jumping in and a few million bucks is cheaper than the cost of sending the fleet out after a few dingys.

stand down , patton. stand down.

everything that happens is not a direct assualt to your manhood.

as shown by the numbers of cargos ransomed the pirates seem only to look for an opportunity, i doubt they cared which flag the ship was under.

ddog
04-09-2009, 01:09 PM
oh man this is the best story since captain Sully landed on the Hudson river.
do it yourself damn it. don't wait for the united nations or the ransom to be paid. also sends a message to other pirates.

yes, and the message is , bring more force and greater numbers, don't allow the crew to outnumber your pirate mates in such a large degree.

they are learning , there is little doubt on that score. :lol:

ddog
04-09-2009, 01:17 PM
I have been aware of these cretins generally in the area for some time, but I didn't know that piracy was an ever increasing biz. CNN just reported that there were 6 attacks this WEEK and 80 mill in ransom has been paid !

If that's the case, this is a situation of law of the jungle, rather than any pretext of a civilized maritime society. I don't understand why, if the cargo is worth a potential (up to) $ 100 million- as reported, that these companies don't employ well trained mercenaries on every voyage. And yes, a warning not to get within X distance or be blown to hell.

Why aren't they doing that ?

because the costs of doing that would put them out of business as not all would adopt those costs.

plus, you ever try to "blow to hell" a dingy from the deck or tower of one of these cargo containers??/

As a private business concern, you blow to hell a civilian dingy or speed boat?? What then. the ransom may have been many times cheaper.

I would think that the people running these vessels know of the risk and are pricing for them, if not , then let them fail and a smarter operation,maybe the pirates take over.

Maybe they can start paying protection money to the pirates. cheaper than other counter measures I expect in the long run.
:D

:eek:

robert99
04-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Oh dear, they've just taken the USS Bainbridge

toetoe
04-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Dog,

Please speak the name. Are they Catholics ? I must know. Please ?

ddog
04-09-2009, 01:49 PM
take a trip, break out of your ignorance, go get some on the ground reps.

so you are saying there have only been (insert the toe's named ones right here) pirates.

AND even TODAY, that holds.

The history one picks up on this board is something.

Tom
04-09-2009, 02:12 PM
There goes 46's old record.

Robert, if the Bainbridge had a mind to, I daresay London would cease to exist.

Bummy declined to comment on the pirates today. Apparently, nobody has told him what he thinks about it yet.

ddog
04-09-2009, 03:41 PM
anchors, recall the term.

that's what you want them to be. :liar:

well.....

it's the substance, the amount is a bonus for most on here.

As boxy says over and over, porkchop, you are LUCKY to have me around

:lol:

toetoe
04-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Answer, please. Pretty please ? Speak the name --- it might not kill you.

Rookies
04-09-2009, 06:13 PM
because the costs of doing that would put them out of business as not all would adopt those costs.

plus, you ever try to "blow to hell" a dingy from the deck or tower of one of these cargo containers??/

As a private business concern, you blow to hell a civilian dingy or speed boat?? What then. the ransom may have been many times cheaper.

I would think that the people running these vessels know of the risk and are pricing for them, if not , then let them fail and a smarter operation,maybe the pirates take over.

Maybe they can start paying protection money to the pirates. cheaper than other counter measures I expect in the long run.
:D

:eek:

Strange waters for me today, Dog ! Lining up with all the blow them to hell crowd here. Also, wonder of wonders, Flushed Windbag asked my very same question 15 hours after I did here ! :eek:

I saw the shipping routes and pretty well, this is a necessary course for these cargoes. Although there is no rhyme nor reason to the ship or country boarded, I think these guys need to have the shit kicked out of them. It'll make them think twice about screwing with someone who might have much more firepower than them !

Valuist
04-09-2009, 08:13 PM
Uh, most people before they would starve would turn to piracy as a survival method, don't ya think?

there maybe a certain amount of these pirates that get a kick out of it,just like we have some here that would get a kick out of "the game".

Most of them , i expect are doing it to survive, i think if they were fat and happy then the pirate ranks may diminsh somewhat.

So, if you want to stop them, then send all of them a care package every week.

This is nothing more than the cost of doing business.

let the free market handle it's own problems.

pirates were dealt with long before there was a US Navy, i think the world can handle it ok still.

These pirates have "made"(i.e. stolen) over 100 million in ransom money. They have ultra high-tech weaponry. If they are hungry, they must have one helluva metabolism because they aren't going without food.

ArlJim78
04-10-2009, 01:08 PM
http://exurbanleague.com/2009/04/09/obama-issues-statement-on-the-pirate-attack.aspx

"For too long, America has been too dismissive of the proud culture and invaluable contributions of the Pirate Community. Whether it is their pioneering work with prosthetics, husbandry of tropical birds or fanciful fashion sense, America owes a deep debt to Pirates.

The past eight years have shown a failure to appreciate the historic role of these noble seafarers. Instead of celebrating their entreprenuerial spirit and seeking to partner with them to meet common challenges, there have been times where America has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive.

Some of us wonder if our current Overseas Contingency Operation would even be needed had the last administration not been so quick to label Pirates as "thieves," "terrorists" and worse. Such swashbucklaphobia can lead to tragic results, as we have seen this week."

toetoe
04-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Still not sure what's happening, but the newspaper says they are NOT Muslims, or if they are , that it doesn't matter. :jump: .

ddog
04-10-2009, 01:20 PM
These pirates have "made"(i.e. stolen) over 100 million in ransom money. They have ultra high-tech weaponry. If they are hungry, they must have one helluva metabolism because they aren't going without food.

they are feeding and supporting a ton of people back home.

look it up.

when you are in a "country" that has no system of support you will take actions to feed and support your family that are in the nature of the system you are in.
Somalia that seems to mean by the gun.

I would.

ddog
04-10-2009, 01:22 PM
Still not sure what's happening, but the newspaper says they are NOT Muslims, or if they are , that it doesn't matter. :jump: .

I would bet 100.00 bucks that some are.

It doesn't matter to me as that's not the issue.

There have been and still are non muslim pirates.
These groups seem to be an equal opportunity pirate force. They try to ransom whichever ship they can catch.

If I was in a "country" that was ruled by force and the gun and there was available to me a soft target to support and enhance my family/village/tribe/group/friends you better bet I would be out there.

Only spineless wimps who would be dead shortly would take any other view.

ArlJim78
04-10-2009, 01:25 PM
in addition to feeding their families, they're also building some mansions on the coast.

ddog
04-10-2009, 01:25 PM
http://exurbanleague.com/2009/04/09/obama-issues-statement-on-the-pirate-attack.aspx

"For too long, America has been too dismissive of the proud culture and invaluable contributions of the Pirate Community. Whether it is their pioneering work with prosthetics, husbandry of tropical birds or fanciful fashion sense, America owes a deep debt to Pirates.

The past eight years have shown a failure to appreciate the historic role of these noble seafarers. Instead of celebrating their entreprenuerial spirit and seeking to partner with them to meet common challenges, there have been times where America has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive.

Some of us wonder if our current Overseas Contingency Operation would even be needed had the last administration not been so quick to label Pirates as "thieves," "terrorists" and worse. Such swashbucklaphobia can lead to tragic results, as we have seen this week."

you will never get it.

ddog
04-10-2009, 01:26 PM
in addition to feeding their families, they're also building some mansions on the coast.

as I SAID , support and enhance their group/tribe.

what about that do you not understand?

You think those would be the first mansions ever built at gun point or with ill gotten proceeds???

yeah, right!!

ddog
04-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Strange waters for me today, Dog ! Lining up with all the blow them to hell crowd here. Also, wonder of wonders, Flushed Windbag asked my very same question 15 hours after I did here ! :eek:

I saw the shipping routes and pretty well, this is a necessary course for these cargoes. Although there is no rhyme nor reason to the ship or country boarded, I think these guys need to have the shit kicked out of them. It'll make them think twice about screwing with someone who might have much more firepower than them !

I am not advocating a free ride, if they attack something and we don't like it then yeah, kick the crap out of them and all their villages.

I am not against force to protect what's mine.

To push the senseless muslim deal as if that matters a bit is all i am posting back at.
It's almost cretinous in it's thinking.

pirates are pirates, there have been nation/states built and supported since ships that were based on pirates.

doesn't matter to me a muslim pirate or a jewish pirate , if he gets in my way and i am better off to fight than pay then he going down!

P.s. yes, i respect these pirates more than many i pass on the street every day.

So there.
At least they are not a bunch of thumb sucking mamma's boys.

ArlJim78
04-10-2009, 01:31 PM
you will never get it.
what didn't i get?
seriously please tell me.

ArlJim78
04-10-2009, 01:35 PM
as I SAID , support and enhance their group/tribe.

what about that do you not understand?

You think those would be the first mansions ever built at gun point or with ill gotten proceeds???

yeah, right!!
what crime syndicate isn't trying to improve the lot of their family?
what are you implying that we do nothing? have sympathy? what?

you simply state something obvious that nobody was even denying and then act like other don't get it?

ddog
04-10-2009, 01:37 PM
doesn't matter to me a muslim pirate or a jewish pirate , if he gets in my way and i am better off to fight than pay then he going down!

P.s. yes, i respect these pirates more than many i pass on the street every day.

So there.
At least they are not a bunch of thumb sucking mamma's boys.

that's what I am saying.

so ok, I don't get it, fine with that.

ArlJim78
04-10-2009, 01:47 PM
who said anything about whether they're muslim or jewish?

i couldn't give a rats a$$ what they are. i have no respect for them and I'd issue orders to sink every one of their ships.

to me the mamas boys are the leaders that have allowed this to go on wringing their hands and paying the ransoms.

no ransom should ever be paid. I'd escort the ships going through that zone with orders to shoot if approached. the pirate issue would dry up very fast.

ddog
04-10-2009, 01:52 PM
who said anything about whether they're muslim or jewish?

i couldn't give a rats a$$ what they are. i have no respect for them and I'd issue orders to sink every one of their ships.

to me the mamas boys are the leaders that have allowed this to go on wringing their hands and paying the ransoms.

no ransom should ever be paid. I'd escort the ships going through that zone with orders to shoot if approached. the pirate issue would dry up very fast.

I was cross posting I guess.

Toe was all twitchy over the muslim angle. sorry.

I don't think we can shoot and take them all out. It's just not that easy.

There are many escorts being done, but in the larger scheme of things I don't think it's a high priority for our navy to be chasing after a couple of speedboats night and day to avoid some company having to hit up their coffers for a couple of million.

They don't need to take the lanes they are using from what I can tell.

people will die for food , it's been proven over and over.

It's not like the Navy has been on vacation over there.
We have had ships/planes all types of forces running around there for months and months.

If they are not killing the crews then I say fight the battles that make sense not every one.

This one so far seems to me a pass.

I respect anyone that is willing to take his support in his own hands and not sit around in a hellhole to see his family starve or die off like animals.

I still may need to take him down someday, but yeah,i kind of like the spunk.

It's what built this country, like it or not.

Valuist
04-10-2009, 02:54 PM
they are feeding and supporting a ton of people back home.

look it up.

when you are in a "country" that has no system of support you will take actions to feed and support your family that are in the nature of the system you are in.
Somalia that seems to mean by the gun.

I would.

You would hold people hostage at gunpoint for food? You should be in an insane asylum.

ddog
04-10-2009, 02:59 PM
You would hold people hostage at gunpoint for food? You should be in an insane asylum.

yes and that's the rational response, if you have never been without food you wouldn't know.

Oh and not only hold hostage, but i would gut them , kill their kids and all their family , burn down their house you name it.

I eat and feed my family, not a second thought.

good thing us nuts are/were around to keep you sane dudes in food.

GaryG
04-10-2009, 03:07 PM
good thing us nuts are/were around to keep you sane dudes in food.Is that why you affect this ridiculous style of posting? To show that you are nuts?....:lol:

ddog
04-10-2009, 03:08 PM
Is that why you affect this ridiculous style of posting? To show that you are nuts....:lol:

oh and you wouldn't do it to survive.

rave on man.

crawl back into the woods.

you seem to think we are not holding people at gunpoint everyday?

You really think if we dropped our guns that life would be just peachy here?

Huh??? wazz that.

p.s.

i don't go in much for syle points, i'll leave that to the stylish types on the board.

toetoe
04-10-2009, 05:54 PM
yes and that's the rational response, if you have never been without food you wouldn't know.

So, if I had Lovelle Mixon's life, I would kill four policemen in Oakland and expect plaudits. After all, I've never been in his shoes. No, sir, you are not insane.

I just love the moral equivalence. :ThmbUp: and (:clapping).