PDA

View Full Version : Credit Cards and GM

HUSKER55
04-08-2009, 12:14 AM
Haveing read several different threads concerning credit cards and GM and the current financial crisis got me to thinking.

I never carry a balance on plastic. I use my bank. When GM started their BS I bought a Honda and sent them a picture. (I know I know,..I am a bastard)

But supose... I am not the only one. Think about that for a minute.

How many people do you know, paid off their credit cards and got rid of them? How many are not going to buy GM?

This "Global Economy" could be fueled by the "silent majority" who took their money and put it safely away. If your business depended on new sales and credit, ie, wall street, major banks, major manufactorors, the auto industry,(you get my drift), if you want to stay afloat and nobody will do business with you here then guess what your options are?

Could we be doing better than we think?

I get an average of 10 soliticitations a week for credit cards and cars or some group wanting a handout. I send them all to the mail man with "RETURN TO SENDER" written on it.

I email my senators weekly and voice my wish and restate they do not have my vote.

Instead of "armed revolution" and Rally Arund the Flag boys" maybe if each of us were to do just that, there would be enough impact to make change.

I am not saying that push will not come to shove. I am saying that each of us can do that much right now and the impact will be felt.

Pay off your credit cards , cut them up and send them back. If you keep the card then at least get the interest rate you want and not 10 pages of terms.

Show Detroit how upset you are. Don't buy from the companies that took the handouts.

Let your congress people know.

Each of us can do that. Of course if all you want to do is complain then This idea of mine is mute.

Am I by myself?

:confused:

Tom
04-08-2009, 07:44 AM
I think if the regulated CC interest rates to a max of 12%, it would do far more to stimulate the economy than anything they have down do far.
Talk about predatory lending.....CCs are worse than the mob.