PDA

View Full Version : Why Did Obama Bow?

Snag
04-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Why did BO do this? Was he nervous or was this just a tip off as to his true feelings?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WlqW6UCeaY&NR=1

riskman
04-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Saw this comment-- makes sense.

"Thanks to our brave young President and our PC culture, the Global War on Terror has finally ended. This video shows who won. "

Lefty
04-07-2009, 09:51 PM
the bow was dumb, but even dumber is that the WH now lies about it. They say he was just doing a double handshake with a shorter man.
Yeah right...

JustRalph
04-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Bush did the same thing.........and so did Clinton........

Lefty
04-07-2009, 10:29 PM
JR, Bush didn't bow. What he did do is embrace the King warmly in Crawford TX. He gave a warm welcome to a foreign dignatary. Obama bows to the King in the king's country. That's being subservient. Big difference, you ask me.

The Judge
04-07-2009, 11:48 PM
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/33289_Bush_Bowed_Too. Conservatives are putting this out.

It shows Bush bowing to get a medal but a bow is a bow. He could have stood erect.

Lefty
04-08-2009, 01:29 AM
judge, what a stretch, what spin. It's customary to bow the head to receive a medal on a chain, and downright rude not to. Gimme a frickin break.

JustRalph
04-08-2009, 05:51 AM
you beat me to my punch line..........Bush was bowing to get a medal

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/pictures/ZZ72682359.jpg

Tom
04-08-2009, 08:02 AM
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/33289_Bush_Bowed_Too. Conservatives are putting this out.

It shows Bush bowing to get a medal but a bow is a bow. He could have stood erect.

Maybe he did!

Bubba X
04-08-2009, 09:06 AM
So, Obama bowed. BFD.

Here is our prior prez showing his affection. Goes a bit beyond bowing:

http://www.hermes-press.com/BushSaud.htm

Hell, he went for a big wet one with Joe Lieberman:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nancyjo/5700766/

To each his own.

The Judge
04-08-2009, 09:25 AM
a couple of wet ones at the end of his bowing in the tape. Hey the right wing says he was bowing thats their heading "Bush Bowed Too".

So lets get this straight Obama could have exchanged a couple of wet ones and the "right wing" would have said nothing !!!

ArlJim78
04-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Bush did what was expected according to protocol, and in a manner that other world leaders do with the King. Obama did what no one else in the room did, for some reason he felt compelled to bow like a subject would. the others heads of state are seen in the photo looking on in amazement. is it a big deal? no, just another oddity about the guy.

Snag
04-08-2009, 10:00 PM
BO didn't bow to the Queen of England. He did bow to the Saudi King. That does make it a BFD!

Then BO follows it up and states that the US is not a Christen Nation but just a bunch of ideas. Here's an idea...never mind. Bubba will find way to spin that point too.

The Judge
04-08-2009, 10:43 PM
so what are the rules again; kissing is O.K bowing is out, unless its the Queen of England then you can do a small bow. Is that it or is it no bowing to anybody, kiss the Queen shake hands with the Arabian Kings and Princes and keep bankers in front of you and stand with your back against the wall.

I THINK I GOT IT!!!

Lefty
04-08-2009, 11:19 PM
The bow is a little thing. But the fact that he lies about a little thing, makes it a big thing. If the Pres can't be trusted to tell the truth about little things, I don't trust him to be truthful about big things.

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2009, 03:56 AM
The left sure is desperate. Bush is taller than Abdullah...how else is old Ab going to get the medal around GWB's neck? Bush lowered his head as anyone would when getting a medal. He didn't bow.

And the kiss thing is the same thing goodfellas do in Sicily...it's a Euro thing...

The left here on off-topic made a grand show of Bush holding hands with Abdullah. Just like the right is doing with Obama's exaggerated bow.

But I forgot, the right is supposed to SHUT UP for some reason, while when the left was doing their thing, it was deemed Patriotic dissent....:lol:

You lefties are a riot!

Tom
04-09-2009, 07:46 AM
I'm still waiting for the lefties to tell me why Bummy did not bow to the Queen?

Bubba X
04-09-2009, 08:05 AM
[QUOTE=PaceAdvantage]The left sure is desperate. Bush is taller than Abdullah...how else is old Ab going to get the medal around GWB's neck? Bush lowered his head as anyone would when getting a medal. He didn't bow.

And the kiss thing is the same thing goodfellas do in Sicily...it's a Euro thing...

The left here on off-topic made a grand show of Bush holding hands with Abdullah. QUOTE]

:lol: :bang: Riyadh ain't exactly located in Europe. But then you can't be expected to know everything.

cj's dad
04-09-2009, 08:19 AM
What's the big deal about a bow- BO spent the last week or collectively kissing Europe's ass, and apologizing for every American transgression since 1776.

Big deal - go ahead BO - bow away - just don't start scraping.

Dahoss9698
04-09-2009, 09:15 AM
The left sure is desperate. Bush is taller than Abdullah...how else is old Ab going to get the medal around GWB's neck? Bush lowered his head as anyone would when getting a medal. He didn't bow.

The left here on off-topic made a grand show of Bush holding hands with Abdullah. Just like the right is doing with Obama's exaggerated bow.

But I forgot, the right is supposed to SHUT UP for some reason, while when the left was doing their thing, it was deemed Patriotic dissent....:lol:

You lefties are a riot!

How long is this excuse going to be used? It's like....we're going to blow every miniscule detail up and all make a big deal about it, but it's cool , because people did it 6 years ago about Bush. You even admit it's all a "grand show". Yet in the same post you say the left is desperate? How does that work? Wouldn't the desperate people be the ones that make a huge deal out of nothing? Minor details...I know.

Tom
04-09-2009, 09:50 AM
We don't like it, but that is the standard set by the left for the last 8 years.
Who are we to challenge tradition?

I call it the hcap syndrome.:D

prospector
04-09-2009, 09:54 AM
i took it as the messiah teaching us how to bend over..we'll need to learn that..we still have over 3 years left..and i do mean left..:jump:

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2009, 06:26 PM
[QUOTE=PaceAdvantage]The left sure is desperate. Bush is taller than Abdullah...how else is old Ab going to get the medal around GWB's neck? Bush lowered his head as anyone would when getting a medal. He didn't bow.

The left here on off-topic made a grand show of Bush holding hands with Abdullah. QUOTE]

:lol: :bang: Riyadh ain't exactly located in Europe. But then you can't be expected to know everything.Is Italy located in Europe? Read the post again wise guy.

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2009, 06:29 PM
How long is this excuse going to be used? It's like....we're going to blow every miniscule detail up and all make a big deal about it, but it's cool , because people did it 6 years ago about Bush. You even admit it's all a "grand show". Yet in the same post you say the left is desperate? How does that work? Wouldn't the desperate people be the ones that make a huge deal out of nothing? Minor details...I know.It's not an excuse. It's a valid reason why this will continue throughout Obama's term. It's called patriotic dissent. Get used to it...Bush-bashers pretty much invented the concept, so you should be doubly proud since imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Dahoss9698
04-09-2009, 06:44 PM
It's not an excuse. It's a valid reason why this will continue throughout Obama's term. It's called patriotic dissent. Get used to it...Bush-bashers pretty much invented the concept, so you should be doubly proud since imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I think "grand show " describes it better than patriotic dissent, but call it whatever makes you happy. It's going to be very amusing watching just how desperate the right will get over the next few years, if the first few months are any indication. I can't wait!

Boris
04-09-2009, 07:38 PM
There is a simple answer as to why Obama bowed. He doesn't know what he is doing. We knew that when he was nominated. We knew that when we elected him. The US will just have to live with a complete neophyte as our CIC. He has a single skill which is talking, just like a salesman. Years from now he will be better. Between then and now, he will continue to embarass when required to think on his feet.

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2009, 08:27 PM
There is a simple answer as to why Obama bowed. He doesn't know what he is doing. We knew that when he was nominated. We knew that when we elected him. The US will just have to live with a complete neophyte as our CIC. He has a single skill which is talking, just like a salesman. Years from now he will be better. Between then and now, he will continue to embarass when required to think on his feet.At least he won't have David Letterman making fun of him every single night on national TV.

A lucky man that Obama is, even though he still walks into windows he thinks are doors....

http://flapsblog.com/2009/01/28/doh-alert-obama-tries-to-walk-into-oval-office-window-rookie-mistake/

ddog
04-09-2009, 10:54 PM
must i be needed in every thread :D

one bows to your banker and patriarch , to the old maid well not usually among the elites. an arm on the shoulder a helping hand to lean on, that's ok.

geez guys come on, try to catch up.

Lefty
04-09-2009, 11:01 PM
dog, maybe you bow to everybody, but I don't and neither should the Pres.
But the bowing becomes unimportant in the face of the lying about it.
If I caught up to you, i'd be lapping you.

ddog
04-09-2009, 11:07 PM
lefty, not only are you hopeless, but in what region of your mind does what i posted as to the object of the bow come to mean everyone?

banker - patriarch , which of those do you construe as to mean ALL?

i would like to reply with something but you are out of it most days anymore.

Lefty
04-09-2009, 11:49 PM
dog, maybe you should read your own post. You say i'm hopeless but I say you're hapless. To tell me i'm out of it is your own warped screwed up ill informed opinion. If we were light you'd be a birthday candle to my lighthouse beacon.

Tom
04-10-2009, 12:05 AM
:lol::lol::lol:

LottaKash
04-10-2009, 03:18 PM
Perhaps the "bow" is due to his status in the "New World Order" hierarchy and schema.......After all he "is only" on the entry level, in regards to that group.......

best,

ddog
04-10-2009, 03:24 PM
dog, maybe you should read your own post. You say i'm hopeless but I say you're hapless. To tell me i'm out of it is your own warped screwed up ill informed opinion. If we were light you'd be a birthday candle to my lighthouse beacon.

"dog, maybe you bow to everybody"

lefty as usual you are :(

explain everbody being bowed to from YOUR post.

Maybe I bow to everybody , that's what you said.
How does everybody come from anything I posted? that's a question you should have a reply to given your posting.

Now don't drift on me here , reply to just that for that was your complaint..

I and by inference bama , the original subject of the post from me "bow to everyone".

Now , as to bama , i don't think he is bowing to "everyone" , he didn't bow to the queen according to your :( sidekick here???
again a question for you to reply to there.

You and tommy are both the :blush: of the board when it comes to reason.

no question about that one sorry.
:lol:

JustRalph
04-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Every woman in America should be enraged. Women are treated worse than dogs in that country and Obama bows to them............very troubling

Lefty
04-10-2009, 06:40 PM
must i be needed in every thread :D

one bows to your banker and patriarch , to the old maid well not usually among the elites. an arm on the shoulder a helping hand to lean on, that's ok.

geez guys come on, try to catch up.
dog, if you bow to the banker and the old maid, why should I think you'd stop there?
I sure don't bow to MY banker and I might help the old maid with a bag of groceries, BUT absolutely no bowing. As usual, you're the birthday candle.
there ya go...

PaceAdvantage
04-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Every woman in America should be enraged. Women are treated worse than dogs in that country and Obama bows to them............very troublingSounds like Obama left the principles he espoused on the campaign trail on the tarmac of King Fahd Int'l Airport....